Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 65908 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2018, 01:33:49 AM »
Cool!

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

That Brennan did not know that a rifle is not properly referred to as a gun does not negate the fact that Brennan saw an individual firing a rifle  from the sixth floor floor of the TSBD. Revolvers and pistols are not shouldered when fired.

Mr. BRENNAN. I am not an expert on guns. It was, as I could observe, some type of a high-powered rifle.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:35:48 AM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2018, 01:33:49 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2018, 01:35:48 AM »
All Mr. Truly knew is:

1.   A rifle was found in the building, meaning one of his employees may have been the shooter.

I don't think Truly knew about the rifle yet when he told Fritz that Oswald was missing.

Online Bill Brown

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »
My comment is perfectly true, and you're the one trying to spin it.  Both of them estimated the length of the bag to be a size that was too short to hold the alleged murder weapon.  Furthermore, they both said that the CE142 did not look like the bag they saw.

No.  Your comment was not true at all.  Can you quote Linnie Mae Randle stating that the bag was too short "to hold the alleged murder weapon"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »

Offline Sean Kneringer

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2018, 02:22:38 AM »
He did not believe that there was going to be any more work that day?

But that would mean something dramatic/tragic must have happened. Gee, I wonder what that was.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »

He did not bring a gun.  Thanks Joe -- welcome to the dark side! :)

A rifle is not a gun. It is a rifle. Oswald did not bring a gun. He brought a rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:55 AM »
Cool!

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

Tell us why Brennan calling the rifle a gun is important
Both weapons qualify as guns

Gun
A weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:35:33 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:17 AM »
...and while we're at it:

https://wikidiff.com/pistol/revolver

All that proves is that not all people are gun-nuts
Marina, Brennan etc indicated they knew little or nothing about guns.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:17 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2018, 04:02:10 AM »
Bill,

when are you going to finally stop playing your childish word games?

The most critical observation was that on the night of 22/11/1963 - in front of Law Enforcement Officers - neither LMR nor BWF recognized an unstained CE 142 as being in the possession of Lee Harvey Oswald that very morning.

When is it going to finally sink into your head?

The FBI expert made it absolutely clear - CE 142 was an oblong shaped home made paper bag that was 38 inches in length, with an open untapered and untaped end. In addition, there was NO evidence that any weapon was inside it.

The bag was found in the sniper's nest with Oswald's prints on it. It was long enough for Oswald to carry his rifle in. Linnie Mae's original estimate of its length was about three feet.  You cannot get around those facts no matter how hard you try. Frazier admitted that he never paid any attention to the bag.  He has a record of being unobservant and of underestimating the length of objects.   Linnie Mae's original estimate is almost dead on.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2018, 04:02:10 AM »

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2018, 04:07:45 AM »

A rifle is not a gun. It is a rifle. Oswald did not bring a gun. He brought a rifle.

Maybe his 'gun' (as defined in the Full Metal Jacket scene) was more of a pea-shooter

The basic definition of gun includes rifles, revolvers, pistols, shotguns... and even anti-aircraft guns FFS... not to mention staple guns, grease guns

Online Bill Chapman

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2018, 04:23:30 AM »
I think this is exactly right. Except I don?t know any LNers who would disagree with you and say Oswald did have a plan for after the shooting. I think he did not expect to escape capture. He did not have any chance of shooting his way out of Dealey Plaza, so he did not bring a gun.

So I think Oswald was just putting distance between him and the boarding house, probably thinking about what to do next. Possibly try to catch a bus. Or maybe hop on a freight train. Who knows. He might not have decided yet when he was spotted by Officer Tippit, looking suspicious in some manner.

Arguably, the Walker incident sets a precedent regarding Oswald's maybe not expecting to come back from a night on the town... or a day at the office.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:28:47 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2018, 04:23:30 AM »

Mobile View