Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142490 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #984 on: September 26, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »
Advertisement
25,000 interviews

Good thing too, because how else would we have Jack Ruby?s mother?s dental records?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #984 on: September 26, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #985 on: September 26, 2018, 06:28:30 PM »
Good thing too, because how else would we have Jack Ruby?s mother?s dental records?

Yeah, and how do we know the dental records weren't faked ?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #986 on: September 26, 2018, 07:16:01 PM »
Yeah, and how do we know the dental records weren't faked ?

Well, like so much of what you consider "evidence", it doesn't matter whether they are authentic or not because they don't prove squat about the assassination either way.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #986 on: September 26, 2018, 07:16:01 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #987 on: September 26, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »
Boo F'n Hoo.
So this Johnny on the ball nitwit not only had one Oswald sneak by him, he had two Oswalds sneak by him? He saw neither enter. This eagle eyed popcorn/goobers/ju ju bes/junior mints salesman is the foundation of your theory? GMAFB

Now who is disparaging someone on this basis of his profession?

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #988 on: September 27, 2018, 04:37:14 AM »
Look at the testimony excerpt again. He graduated high school, spent a year at TSTC and another attending a different college before getting on at Hardy's. Unless he graduated high school a couple of years early, then there's no time for a two year enlistment. Then again, people who graduate early tend not to wind up selling shoes.

Testimony that is not open to cross-examination is just claims. Can you cite actual evidence showing that he attended those institutions?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #988 on: September 27, 2018, 04:37:14 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #989 on: September 27, 2018, 04:39:27 AM »
The WC report is based on hundreds, if not thousands, of interviews with eyewitnesses and experts. Pages and pages and pages of reports, photographs, schematics, and graphs, all of which were published alongside the report. Even if you disagree with it's conclusions, implying that the report is some work of faith completely misses reality.

And, by the way, you really stooped to the old "I know you are, but what am I?" Really? Sir, I'll have you know that I am of the finest quality Brazilian rubber while you are composed of cheap, gluten-based sticky-products. Your crap ricochets from me and adheres to your person.

So there. :-P

So the fact that the evidence in the twenty-six volumes does NOT support the claims made in the WCR doesn't bother you in the least?

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #990 on: September 27, 2018, 07:54:47 AM »
I don't believe you've actually demonstrated that it's such a common occurrence -- especially in 1963 in Dallas.  Why make any assumptions one way or the other?
You don't believe it? That must be one of those slippery statements, the kind that some Freudian type was forever going on about. But, hey, why assume that the sun is coming up tomorrow morning? Why assume that your car is going to start? Better hit up uber instead. But, wait. How do you really know there's an Uber car out there at all? Maybe there's no Uber anymore! Welcome to the Iacolletti Archipelago, dead center in the Solipsistic Triangle, where nothing might be real!

No, I'm not kidding.  She told both Brewer and the FBI that she wasn't sure if she did or not.

Let's go back to the what I replied to you on the 22nd, with the FBI report added in:

This is what she said:
  In her 12/4/63 affidavit: "I told him no, I didn't"
  In the 2/29/1964 FBI report: "she said she was unable to recall whether he bought a ticket, but she believed that he walked right by her ticket booth..."
  In her WC testimony: "I said, 'No; by golly, he didn't'"
What Brewer said:
  In his 12/4/63 affidavit: "she replied that she did not think so"
  In his WC testimony: "she said no, she hadn't"
  To Ian Griggs: "she said no, she hadn't"

So now we have six different accounts. In four of these, she says, "no." In one, she "did not think so," which implies her doubt that it happened, even if she wasn't certain. In fact, in colloquial usage, "I don't think so" can mean a flat, emphatic, "no." And, finally,  there's the FBI report, in which she is said to be "unable to recall whether he bought a ticket." Then again, it says The only one that really fits you interpretation is the FBI version. So, of six accounts, there are four no's, one doubtful, and one I don't know. Of these accounts, you ignore two-thirds, strip the fifth of it's negative connotation, and concentrate on the only one that was generated by someone who wasn't actually at the scene at the time of the events described. If that's not cherry-picking, cherries must not exist.

Then again, there's that bit about "she believed that he walked right by her ticket booth," which pretty much says straight out that he didn't buy a ticket at that time. There was only a minute or so between Postal seeing Oswald round the corner into the frontal recess of theater and Brewer asking about That Man; Postal would have known if That Man had bought a ticket at the time Brewer saw him. The only way she would be uncertain is if she thought he might have bought a ticket much earlier, and had either walked away from the theater to come back later, or had gone in, come back out, and re-entered. The problem with that is she, like Brewer, identified That Man as Lee Harvey Oswald, and you have to get him to the theater in time to do that. If you can't do that, then she didn't sell him a ticket.

And if you can't actually demonstrate that any patron got a ticket stub, then your observation that no ticket was found is not dispositive.  Nor can you rule out the possibility of a ticket being thrown on the floor or in the trash.  At best you can say that there is insufficient evidence to conclude that Oswald did or did not buy a ticket.
You have it the wrong way around. You need to demonstrate that he had a ticket. Any evidence at all would be appreciated.

No ticket, stub or any other indication of proper patronage (soft drink, popcorn tub, Jujubees, etc) was observed in the possession of Oswald.
To my knowledge, he never claimed he'd purchased a ticket.
Burroughs never said that he took a ticket from Oswald.
At the very least, Postal didn't remember selling him one. Even then, to get that out of her, you have to cherrymander the pits out of the witness statements.

The best you can do, other than the aforementioned cherrymandering, is to make excuses as to why there is no evidence Oswald bought a ticket. And even the cherry-picking can only get you a little uncertainty.

Did the guy who bought popcorn from Burroughs at 1:07 also sneak in without buying a ticket?
In TMWKK, he's said Oswald "slipped in" between 1:00 and 1:07. Of course, this version of events is something that doesn't appear in Burroughs' testimony
until the late 1980s. It's not in his WC testimony.

BTW, and this is a question for anyone who might know. Burroughs told the WC that the Army would not induct him because "the mental part----[he] didn't make enough points on the score." Be also notes that he'd dropped out of school in 9th grade but (at 22) he was going to some "private school" in Highland Park (which is something of an odd place to go to school if you're an electrician's kid) . Julia Postal's testimony about Burroughs isn't particularly flattering; in her account, he's easily excitable and prone to exaggeration. And in TMWKK, Burroughs talks in an oddly halting way; also when he is shown sitting in the Texas Theatre concession going through a small pile of ticket stubs (:P), the way he uses his hand is odd and awkward. Does anyone know if he was mentally challenged, to use the last term-or-the-art that I know of?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #990 on: September 27, 2018, 07:54:47 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #991 on: September 27, 2018, 07:57:17 AM »
Testimony that is not open to cross-examination is just claims. Can you cite actual evidence showing that he attended those institutions?
I have what he claims in his testimony, and no good reason to doubt it. On the other hand, you have......?