Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 13021 times)

Offline Tony Fratini

• Mr. FRITZ. I wasn't there when that was recovered.
Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 01:52:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On the night before, Oswald had gone to visit his wife in an attempt to restore their relationship. He was fond of his child and had another one coming. Marina rejected the rapprochement. For most people this would have left them emotionally distressed, what appeared to be final breakdown and not seeing his children. I cannot speak to Oswald actual frame of mind but the idea of hanging around work with no work to do for most people with that emotional situation from the night before. Going to the movies to escape how crap he was feeling would for most people make sense.

Anthony,

Rachel was already born - 20/10/1963.

June was born - 15/2/1962

edit - already had been mentioned previously  :)

Why would a father with a newborn baby and young daughter, whom he loved and dotted on,  go on a murder spree?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:59:18 AM by Tony Fratini »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 01:52:47 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 02:01:19 AM »

Finally, you're asking a question and a good one at that. I've always wondered about that. It's a conundrum for sure, but then so is him going to a middle of nowhere place like 10th street. What in the world was he doing there, walking along with no obvious place to go, when he could have been on a bus out of town?

Could he have ordered a bus to come by and pick him up at the boarding house or would he have to walk somewhere? When my car is being repaired and I need to use public transportation, my experience is that I have to do a good deal of walking, particularly if I donít want to wait for a few hours for a bus to come by that is going where I want to go. I have walked over two miles on occasion to pick up a bus I want.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 02:08:17 AM »

And that is a good question as well Martin. It just has seemed really odd, his actions. But then Ruby robbed us of ever knowing the answer.

Did it really? Would we have been able to trust implicitly whatever Oswald said? I think that whether Oswald lived or died people would still have to look at the facts to figure out what was most probable.

** Oswald arranged for a unique weeknight ride to where his wife was staying instead of the usual weekend ride.

** Oswald brought to work a long object wrapped in paper (it would be too embarrassing to be seen with curtain rods).

** Oswald was the only one at work who immediately left the Dealey Plaza area. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I understand a few others left the building to check out what happened from other people in the plaza. And then found themselves locked out of the building by the police. Only then did they go home.

** Oswald got on a bus and then immediately off when it was stuck in traffic.

** Oswald ordered his only taxi ride (quite an expense) that we know of during his life.

This seems pretty consistent to me. If Oswald lived and told me a different story, I probably would not believe him.

Offline Tony Fratini

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 02:09:38 AM »

Could he have ordered a bus to come by and pick him up at the boarding house or would he have to walk somewhere? When my car is being repaired and I need to use public transportation, my experience is that I have to do a good deal of walking, particularly if I donít want to wait for a few hours for a bus to come by that is going where I want to go. I have walked over two miles on occasion to pick up a bus I want.

When Lee went to work at the TSBD by bus, where was his usual bus stop?

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 02:10:45 AM »

He wasn't the only one not to return. Is there any evidence that shows he got "his" revolver?

Who else left the Dealey Plaza area immediately?

I understand a few other left the building to check out with people in the plaza what happened and then found themselves locked out when the police did not allow anyone to enter or leave. But I donít know of anyone leaving immediately, let alone taking an expensive (for Oswald) taxi ride.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 02:10:45 AM »

Offline Tony Fratini

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 02:15:15 AM »

Who else left the Dealey Plaza area immediately?

I understand a few other left the building to check out with people in the plaza what happened and then found themselves locked out when the police did not allow anyone to enter or leave. But I donít know of anyone leaving immediately, let alone taking an expensive (for Oswald) taxi ride.

What are you implying Joe?

Did Mr Truly know where Charles Givens was?

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 02:16:21 AM »

When Lee went to work at the TSBD by bus, where was his usual bus stop?

Was there a bus scheduled to come by there within a half hour of 1:00 PM?

Would this bus take him to where he wants to go?

There are several bus stops within a half mile of where I live but I still usually have to walk some ways because the bus isnít coming soon or it does come soon but itís not going in the direction I want to go.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »

What are you implying Joe?

Did Mr Truly know where Charles Givens was?

What evidence is there that Charles Givens left Dealey Plaza immediately?

Did he take a taxi?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »

Offline Tony Fratini

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 02:25:33 AM »

Was there a bus scheduled to come by there within a half hour of 1:00 PM?

Would this bus take him to where he wants to go?

There are several bus stops within a half mile of where I live but I still usually have to walk some ways because the bus isnít coming soon or it does come soon but itís not going in the direction I want to go.

If we go back one step Joe and ask - why did Lee leave his boarding house with a weapon?

Offline Tony Fratini

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 02:29:59 AM »

What evidence is there that Charles Givens left Dealey Plaza immediately?

Did he take a taxi?

To Mr Truly, at that immediate time post assassination - Givens could have been the actual assassin or a co conspirator.

The method of transport or whether someone left the TSBD immediately was irrelevant.

Mr Truly - and he doesn't even know why - told Fritz that specifically Lee was missing despite seeing him in a calm and relaxed state in the lunch room.

Givens was missing from the line up as well.

How and why did Mr Truly hone in on Lee?

I believe he even phoned the other warehouse to obtain the details of Lee and where he lived.

Did he actually check the rest rooms first or maybe Lee went to purchase his lunch or purchase something?

Mr Truly = another TSBD Nostradamus.

Mr. BALL. Was he the only man missing?
Mr. TRULY. The only one I noticed at that time. Now, I think there was one or two more, possibly Charles Givens, but I had seen him out in front walking up the street just before the firing of the gun.
Mr. BALL. But walking which way?
Mr. TRULY. The last time I saw him, he was walking across Houston Street, east on Elm.
Mr. BALL. Did you make a check of your employees afterwards?
Mr. TRULY. No, no; not complete. No, I just saw the group of the employees over there on the floor and I noticed this boy wasn't with them. With no thought in my mind except that I had seen him a short time before in the building, I noticed he wasn't there.
Mr. BALL. What do you mean "a short time before"?
Mr. TRULY. I would say 10 or 12 minutes.

Mr. BALL. Now, did Givens come back to the building later?
Mr. TRULY. I didn't see him--later on he did.
Mr. BALL. When--how much later?
Mr. TRULY. Much later--I suppose I don't know his actions during that
Mr. BALL. Did he come hack to the building?
Mr. TRULY. No.

Why did Mr Truly report only Lee "missing"?

Does anyone seriously believe Lee left the TSBD to go to the movies?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:06:01 AM by Tony Fratini »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 02:29:59 AM »