Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald fingerprints on the live shell?  (Read 20858 times)

Offline Steve Thomas

Oswald fingerprints on the live shell?
« on: March 15, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
Advertisement
Were Lee Harvey Oswald's fingerprints - more specfically his thumbprint - found on the live shell in the chamber of the rifle that was found?

I don't know if fingerprints on a shell are obliterated by the act of firing the gun, but they should still be on the unfired bullet wouldn't they? I don't know much about loading bullets into a clip, but don't you have to press down on the bullet to get it into the clip?
Wouldn't his thumprint still be on it?

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

Oswald fingerprints on the live shell?
« on: March 15, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald fingerprints on the live shell?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 09:37:25 PM »
Were Lee Harvey Oswald's fingerprints - more specfically his thumbprint - found on the live shell in the chamber of the rifle that was found?

I don't know if fingerprints on a shell are obliterated by the act of firing the gun, but they should still be on the unfired bullet wouldn't they? I don't know much about loading bullets into a clip, but don't you have to press down on the bullet to get it into the clip?
Wouldn't his thumprint still be on it?

Steve Thomas

I don't know if fingerprints on a shell are obliterated by the act of firing the gun, but they should still be on the unfired bullet wouldn't they?

My experience is the firing of the cartridge actually burns any print onto the brass shell....  Firing the shell with a finger print on it makes the print more visible.   And Captain Fritz picked up the live round after it FELL OUT (not ejected)  onto the floor at his feet....so he would have obscured any prints that might have been on the live round, when he picked it up.

I don't know much about loading bullets into a clip, but don't you have to press down on the bullet to get it into the clip? Wouldn't his thumprint still be on it?

Good thinking.... but loading the clip of cartridges wouldn't necessarily  cause prints to be deposited ......It depends on how carefully the person loaded the clip.  ( the fact that there were no prints on any of the shells indicates that Lee Oswald was not the person who handled them.  Lee would have known that a blind man could have traced the rifle to him. and since that's true, then there would have been no reason to wipe his prints off any of the shells or the rifle.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:01:18 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Alice Thorton

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:01:18 PM »
Article I have found says that investigator Walt Brown in 1998 found the fingerprint of Malcolm Wallace on the 6th floor.

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKwallaceM.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:01:18 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:30 PM »
Article I have found says that investigator Walt Brown in 1998 found the fingerprint of Malcolm Wallace on the 6th floor.

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKwallaceM.htm

As of Sept 1964, there wasn't an unidentified fingerprint that had been found on the 6th floor. There was an unidentified palm print.

Offline Alice Thorton

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »
I have heard that from other people on here as well. Link to the article that says that, please?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
I have heard that from other people on here as well. Link to the article that says that, please?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11902#relPageId=20&tab=page

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 03:02:53 AM »
After dissembling the MC and placing it in the paper bag, Oswald reassembled it in the SN and didn't get a single print on the stock, barrel, trigger, clip, ammo or scope. The FBI resorted to getting a palm print on the stock post-mortem. You do the math. How was that possible?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 03:02:53 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 03:06:37 AM »
After dissembling the MC and placing it in the paper bag, Oswald reassembled it in the SN and didn't get a single print on the stock, barrel, trigger, clip, ammo or scope. The FBI resorted to getting a palm print on the stock post-mortem. You do the math. How was that possible?

It wasn't possible. It never happened. The palm print was lifted off of the barrel by Carl Day on Nov 22.