Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Suit In The SN??  (Read 689 times)

Online Dan O'meara

A Suit In The SN??
« on: April 11, 2024, 02:05:26 AM »
Advertisement
I'm a bit annoyed at myself for posting this as it has absolutely nothing to do with how I look at this case and could possibly involve having to throw out everything I think about it.
But I've seen it so I'd like to get an opinion.
I've been staring at various images for too long and there's a good chance I'm seeing things, but if not, I'm hoping it's old news and has been dealt with before.
Below is a crop from the picture Tom Dillard took just seconds after the assassination (the one that shows Bonnie Ray Williams and Hank Norman looking out).
It's a close-up of one of the SN windows (obviously the one next to the half open window the shots were taken out of.)
I can't help seeing two shapes that curve upwards that suggest the bottom of a buttoned up suit jacket (picked out with the two red arrows at the bottom).
And there's at least one, very distinctive, button shaped object with possibly 3 more (picked out and numbered. Number 3 seems very obvious)

photo upload hosting

I certainly don't mind being made to look a fool on this one.
It's something I can't "unsee" now I've seen it and would appreciate any possible help from those who are far more expert at dealing with images than I am.
The image I've used was taken from Robin's website.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 02:06:51 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

A Suit In The SN??
« on: April 11, 2024, 02:05:26 AM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: A Suit In The SN??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 02:31:40 AM »
I'm a bit annoyed at myself for posting this as it has absolutely nothing to do with how I look at this case and could possibly involve having to throw out everything I think about it.
I've been staring at various images for too long and there's a good chance I'm seeing things, but if not, I'm hoping it's old news and has been dealt with before.
Below is a crop from the picture Tom Dillard took just seconds after the assassination (the one that shows Bonnie Ray Williams and Hank Norman looking out).
It's a close-up of one of the SN windows (obviously the one next to the half open window the shots were taken out of.)
I can't help seeing two shapes that curve upwards that suggest the bottom of a buttoned up suit jacket (picked out with the two red arrows at the bottom).
And there's at least one, very distinctive, button shaped object with possibly 3 more (picked out and numbered. Number 3 seems very obvious)

photo upload hosting

It's something I can't "unsee" now I've seen it and would appreciate any possible help from those who are far more expert at dealing with images than I am.

Given the height of the window off of the floor and the small space available between that window and the stack of boxes behind it, it seems to me that it could only be Tatoo, who was only 3’11” tall. He was 20-years old in 1963. I wonder if he has an alibi. He was last seen at Redbird airport yelling: the plane…the plane…

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 09:58:33 AM »

Given the height of the window off of the floor and the small space available between that window and the stack of boxes behind it, it seems to me that it could only be Tatoo, who was only 3’11” tall. He was 20-years old in 1963. I wonder if he has an alibi. He was last seen at Redbird airport yelling: the plane…the plane…

;D
Top picture.
As much as I hate to pursue this, Charles, you are the kind of guy who can throw some light on this.
The Dillard pic is taken from an extreme angle below so any figure who might be wearing a suit jacket is going to be a lot taller than good old Tattoo.

Can you use your animation skills to guesstimate how tall such a figure might be?
Obviously, no-one has ever reported a shiny-buttoned suit wearing guy in the SN.
Neither Euins nor Brennan saw such a person.
And it makes no sense that someone would stand, in full view, at a window next to the one the shots were fired from.
I understand all that.
And I was hoping it would look different today but I'm still seeing it.
If you determine that this figure is indeed Tatto-sized then I'll be more than happy with that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:00:21 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 09:58:33 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 12:20:44 PM »
;D
Top picture.
As much as I hate to pursue this, Charles, you are the kind of guy who can throw some light on this.
The Dillard pic is taken from an extreme angle below so any figure who might be wearing a suit jacket is going to be a lot taller than good old Tattoo.

Can you use your animation skills to guesstimate how tall such a figure might be?
Obviously, no-one has ever reported a shiny-buttoned suit wearing guy in the SN.
Neither Euins nor Brennan saw such a person.
And it makes no sense that someone would stand, in full view, at a window next to the one the shots were fired from.
I understand all that.
And I was hoping it would look different today but I'm still seeing it.
If you determine that this figure is indeed Tatto-sized then I'll be more than happy with that.

Here's an image from my 3D model. I imagined that the steep angle would not make much difference due to how close someone would have to be standing to the window. It looks like my imagination wasn't very accurate this time...

I sometimes "see" lots of things looking at the images from 11/22/63. I think I do see what you are describing in the Dillard photo. But I suspect it is mostly just dirt and grime on the window.

Edit: The character I place in the window is about 6-feet tall.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 12:27:13 PM by Charles Collins »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 12:41:20 PM »

Here's an image from my 3D model. I imagined that the steep angle would not make much difference due to how close someone would have to be standing to the window. It looks like my imagination wasn't very accurate this time...

I sometimes "see" lots of things looking at the images from 11/22/63. I think I do see what you are describing in the Dillard photo. But I suspect it is mostly just dirt and grime on the window.

Edit: The character I place in the window is about 6-feet tall.

Thanks for that Charles.
I know exactly what you mean about how dirty the windows are, how grainy the enhanced picture is etc.
And staring at images for a long time doesn't help.
I've little doubt it is something along those lines.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 12:41:20 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 02:37:18 PM »

photo upload hosting

Hi Dan,   I have the utmost respect for you, so please don't take this wrongly. 

I remember when a person ( I can't remember who) said they can see Oswald's face in the 6th floor window in the Dillard photo.  The "person" was standing at the same window that Oswald shot from in the building, according to him. I was convinced it might be someone, until I realized how dirty the windows are by looking at other photos of the same windows.  I think it's just the way the sunlight was reflecting the dirt/film on the window panes. 

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 05:33:45 PM »
Hi Dan,   I have the utmost respect for you, so please don't take this wrongly. 

I remember when a person ( I can't remember who) said they can see Oswald's face in the 6th floor window in the Dillard photo.  The "person" was standing at the same window that Oswald shot from in the building, according to him. I was convinced it might be someone, until I realized how dirty the windows are by looking at other photos of the same windows.  I think it's just the way the sunlight was reflecting the dirt/film on the window panes.

No worries Steve, I totally agree, the windows are filthy, the image is a ridiculously close crop of a much larger image so all kinds of "noise" is going to be present. And, as I said to Charles, staring at images for too long doesn't help.
Wasn't aware of the face in the window claim but feel reassured I was just having some kind of mad moment.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 05:33:45 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 01:59:22 PM »
No worries Steve, I totally agree, the windows are filthy, the image is a ridiculously close crop of a much larger image so all kinds of "noise" is going to be present. And, as I said to Charles, staring at images for too long doesn't help.
Wasn't aware of the face in the window claim but feel reassured I was just having some kind of mad moment.

Hi Dan.

It's no worse than Gary Mack and Jack White claiming to see what is referred to as "The Badge Man" in the Mary Ann Moorman Krahmer photograpgh. 
  Dale Myers put that nonsense to bed once and for all.  I don't think you were having a mad moment.