Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Mitch Todd

Author Topic: T.F. Bowley, A Wind-Up Wristwatch & 1:17  (Read 10252 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: T.F. Bowley, A Wind-Up Wristwatch & 1:17
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2024, 10:05:04 AM »
Advertisement

Goofy.  I didn't speculate.  I stated a fact.

I have news for you, Jackass... IF Oswald wanted to get to Jefferson and Marsalis, he was walking pretty much the most direct line to that point from the rooming house and that most direct line included taking Tenth Street from Crawford to the area of Marsalis and Jefferson.  That was my point and it is not speculation, it is a fact.  Look at a damn map.

Really? So, now it's suddenly a fact that Oswald was walking to the Marsalis line bus stop on Jefferson?

I have news for you, Jackass... IF Oswald wanted to get to Jefferson and Marsalis, he was walking pretty much the most direct line to that point from the rooming house and that most direct line included taking Tenth Street from Crawford to the area of Marsalis and Jefferson.  That was my point and it is not speculation, it is a fact.  Look at a damn map.

pretty much the most direct line? It's pretty amazing what you consider to be a fact.

First you claim to have stated as fact that Oswald was walking to the Marsalis bus stop on Jefferson only to follow it up with "If Oswald wanted to get to Jefferson and Marsalis"

Could you please make up your mind?

Is it really a fact that Oswald was walking to the Marsalis bus stop (and if so, what is your evidence for that?) or are you just speculating that he may have walked that way?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 11:44:02 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2024, 10:05:04 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2024, 11:23:52 PM »
The bus transfer ticket that Oswald was supposedly carrying is interesting as it feeds into the idea he was trying to make it to a point where he could get a transfer.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 11:24:43 PM by Dan O'meara »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2024, 01:54:33 AM »
The Belin report on the bus routes is informative:  https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/document/0393/23811296.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2024, 01:54:33 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2024, 09:56:08 AM »

Really? So, now it's suddenly a fact that Oswald was walking to the Marsalis line bus stop on Jefferson?

That isn't what I said, though.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2024, 10:00:00 AM »

pretty much the most direct line? It's pretty amazing what you consider to be a fact.

First you claim to have stated as fact that Oswald was walking to the Marsalis bus stop on Jefferson only to follow it up with "If Oswald wanted to get to Jefferson and Marsalis"

Could you please make up your mind?

Is it really a fact that Oswald was walking to the Marsalis bus stop (and if so, what is your evidence for that?) or are you just speculating that he may have walked that way?

I have never stated as a fact that Oswald was walking with the Marsalis bus stop in mind.

Why do you continually misrepresent my position?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2024, 10:00:00 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2024, 12:12:40 PM »

That isn't what I said, though.

Isn't it? What was it then that you stated as a fact?

Let's see what you actually replied to my comment that you were speculating about Oswald walking to a Marsalis line bus stop on Jefferson;

But there isn't a shred of evidence that Oswald was walking to a Marsalis line bus stop on Jefferson. It's pure speculation on your part and Richard Smith never mentioned the Marsalis line bus stop at all.

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 06:26:34 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2024, 12:16:35 PM »

I have never stated as a fact that Oswald was walking with the Marsalis bus stop in mind.

Which makes your initial post a moot point.

What did I misrepresent? Be percise....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2024, 12:16:35 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2024, 06:49:43 PM »

Bill-
It's hopeless.  That is why I no longer respond to our resident contrarian.  Every interaction goes down the same rabbit hole.  An amazing pattern repeated on every thread on this forum.  Here he has taken issue with why Oswald would "end up on a go nowhere suburban street" if he were fleeing from the assassination.  A false and misleading premise, but we are left in a sense of wonderment as to how the contrarian would answer his own question when Oswald he was supposed to be at his place of employment at this time.  What would Oswald be doing if he had just assassinated the president and was on the run is obvious.  Trying to escape.  What do we know about his circumstances?  We know that he didn't own or have access to a car.  We know that he did ride the bus.  We know that he had a bus transfer in his pocket.  We know that he must have been familiar with the local bus routes as his primary means of transportation.  We know that he had recently taken a bus to Mexico City and was familiar with the drill.  None of that matters to the flat Earthers who suggest that no conclusion can ever be reached that they don't want to accept absent a time machine or Ouija board.  Any manner of reasoned logic supported by the facts and evidence is rejected for that reason without providing any alternative explanation.  It is a tortured exercise to suggest doubt by any means.  No effort to shed light on what happened or even attempt to explain the consequences of their own objections having validity. The discussion stops and ends with taking issue as to the evidence of Oswald's guilt. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 06:51:41 PM by Richard Smith »