Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: T.F. Bowley, A Wind-Up Wristwatch & 1:17  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: T.F. Bowley, A Wind-Up Wristwatch & 1:17
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2024, 03:36:21 AM »
Advertisement
Again:

Scoggins - "...there was someone that got on the radio at that time and they told him he was going to report it, so they told him to get off the air, that it had already been reported, and he picks up the officer's pistol that was laying on the ground..."

That "someone" was Callaway. He was on the radio and then he picked up the pistol.

Benevides - "...he opened the car door and picked up the phone and called in and told them there was an officer that had been killed. But the officer on the other side of the radio told him to hang up the phone to keep the lines clear, or something of that sort.
Then he jumped out and ran around and he asked me did I see what happened, and I said yes. And he said let's chase him...he was reaching down and getting the gun out of the policeman's hand"

Callaway was on the radio then he picked up the pistol

Callaway - "So I got on the police radio and called them, and told them a man had been shot, told them the location, I thought the officer was dead. They said we know about it, stay off the air, so I went back.
By this time an ambulance was coming. The officer was laying on his left side, his pistol was underneath him. I kind of rolled him over and took his gun out from under him."

Callaway was on the radio then he picked up the pistol.

The passage of Scoggin's testimony that you're posting over and over again is just a general description of the things that were going on around the time he arrived on the scene, not in linear sequence. If you read further on in his testimony it all becomes clear but you notably refuse to do that.
When you see his testimony alongside that of Callaway and Benevides it is perfectly clear what is being said.

But it doesn't matter Bill. It's a little detail and you should really drop it.
It's obvious you're not interested in the evidence I'm presenting and that's your choice. It's obvious you're going to carry on thinking what you want to think no matter how much evidence is produced to the contrary.
I think anyone reading these posts can make their own minds up about the issue.

Guys, I apoligize for not being involved in the discussion since Bill proposed another debate, but I am having some health issues at the moment and am in and out of hospital frequently at short notice. Earlier today I was told that I will need an operation some time next week resulting in another hospital stay for several days. I will gladly rejoin the discussion after all this is done as I have other things on my mind at the moment than a discussion about a 60 years old event.

I'll be back as soon as I can.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2024, 03:36:21 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2024, 08:59:35 AM »
Guys, I apoligize for not being involved in the discussion since Bill proposed another debate, but I am having some health issues at the moment and am in and out of hospital frequently at short notice. Earlier today I was told that I will need an operation some time next week resulting in another hospital stay for several days. I will gladly rejoin the discussion after all this is done as I have other things on my mind at the moment than a discussion about a 60 years old event.

I wish you the best of health, Martin.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2024, 10:10:28 AM »

This will all be waiting for you when you're back on top.

Good luck.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2024, 10:10:28 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2024, 03:56:28 AM »
There is Bowleys watch time stamp of 1:10pm. There is Markams clock at 1:04 when she left the house, thus her estimate of 1:06-1:07 of 1st sighting the shooter she thought looked like Oswald as she was on her way to bus stop to wait for a 1:12 bus ( the one she called her 1:15 bus).
There is the hospital emergency room clock, the 1:15 DOA time stamp of the emergency room doctor who pronounced the DOA WHEN the body of Tippit arrives at the hospital AT 1:15.

Note: DOA time stamp is NOT the same as a physicians estimate of death.  DOA document is simply marking the time a body arriving at the emergency  room was declared as received and found to be dead “on arrival”.

Multiple different clocks and witnesses that verify the shooter of Tippit had to have been at 10th and Patton by approx not later than 1:08 so as to have 1 extra minute for the shooter being followed by Tippit, a conversation , the shooting, lingering and throwing shells and running away out of view  before Benevides got out of the car and made the 1st call attempt just before Bowley arrived.

Would people be aware their clocks are running slow by 6 minutes or more since they relied routinely on their clocks and watches to  catch buses on time , drive buses, pick up their children at school on time , and sign important legal documents like DOA time of a body arriving at emergency room of a hospital?

Are we supposed to believe that the school clock and Markams work clock , and Bowleys (an engineer no less) watch, and the bus drivers watch and bus company’s clock and the hospital clock were ALL 6-7 minutes slow?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2024, 08:57:04 PM »
How can I be any more clear?  Let's debate the shooting death of J.D. Tippit and Oswald's relationship to that death.  The entire case, Callaway, Butler, loading the body and everything else.  You'd be worthy, unlike someone like Iacoletti who would spend the entire debate saying things like "Oswald's gun LOL".  I know you'd at least discuss the case, which I can respect.

I thought I felt my ears burning.

If you don't want to be LOLed at, then don't make statements of fact that you cannot substantiate as facts.  It's really that simple.  That's not "discussing the case".  That's propagandizing.

As for the Hertz clock and Curry's 12:30 broadcast, that was on police channel 2.  All of the Tippit-related broadcasts were on channel 1.  But your fatal flaw is assuming that you have any basis for determining how much time elapsed between the Tippit shooting and the Benavides/Bowley call.  It's completely speculative.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 12:22:22 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2024, 08:57:04 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2024, 09:00:38 PM »
However, the police tapes obviously don't mention the body being loaded into the ambulance, but the tapes do tell us when the ambulance was leaving the scene en route to Methodist Hospital.  The tapes tell us that the ambulance was leaving the scene as Callaway was making his report on the squad car radio.

BS:  The tapes tell us that 602 said "602".  That's it.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2024, 05:29:45 PM »
Only a fool would believe that the police tape time stamps by the dispatcher were off by as much as 7 minutes, which is what would be required for Bowley's watch to be accurate when he looked at it (1:10) upon arriving at the scene.

Could the tapes be off by 60 seconds?  Sure.  But that's pretty much it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2024, 05:29:45 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2024, 12:21:07 AM »
Only a fool would believe that the police tape time stamps by the dispatcher were off by as much as 7 minutes, which is what would be required for Bowley's watch to be accurate when he looked at it (1:10) upon arriving at the scene.

Could the tapes be off by 60 seconds?  Sure.  But that's pretty much it.

Maybe the tapes were off by two minutes. This isn't inconceivable and is alluded to by Bowles.
This would have Bowley's 1:17pm call really happening at 1:15pm.
And maybe it really said 1:12pm on Bowley's watch and he just rounded it to the nearest 5 minute mark. Not unheard of.
This would give Bowley three minutes to get to the scene, check out Tippit and see what he could do for him and then stand by the patrol car waiting for Benevides to finish messing about on the radio.
And maybe Benevides was in the patrol car for one minute before handing over to Bowley. This would have him entering the patrol car around 1:11pm.
And maybe Benevides was in no rush to get out of his truck in case the shooter came back and he stayed in there for a couple of minutes after the shooting.
And suddenly we have a shooting at 1:09pm.
There's nothing unrealistic about any of the assumptions and it's the same amount of speculating that you or anyone else does trying to ascertain what time the shooting actually happened.