Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK's Dramatic Z226-232 Reaction: More Proof that the SBT Is a Silly Myth  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Advertisement
JFK's dramatic forward jolt and arms flinging in Z226-232 is the second-most obvious reaction in the Zapruder film. Beginning at Z226, Kennedy's body is visibly jolted sharply forward, and the position of his hands and elbows--particularly his elbows--changes dramatically as they are flung upward and forward. The force and speed of these movements are quite startling and impossible to miss--they are even more obvious and dramatic when you view the film in slow motion.

However, government panels have consistently ignored this dramatic reaction. Why? One, because the reaction is obviously in response to the impact of a bullet or large fragment striking JFK in the back. Two, because when JFK first reemerges from behind the road sign in Z224-225, he is clearly already reacting to a previous wound as he continues to bring his hands upward and near his throat and has a pained look on his face--while he's doing this, he is suddenly jolted forward and his forearms are flung upward and forward, starting in Z226. Three, the HSCA Photographic Evidence Panel (PEP), to its great credit, admitted (1) that JFK was hit at or before Z190 and (2) that JFK begins to visibly react by right around Z200. In fact, let's read what the PEP said in their report:

At approximately Zapruder frame 200, Kennedy's movements suddenly freeze; his right hand abruptly stops in the midst of a waving motion and his head moves rapidly from right to his left in the direction of his wife. Based on these movements, it appears that by the time the President goes behind the sign at frame 207 he is evidencing some kind of reaction to a severe external stimulus. . . .

. .. it was determined that Kennedy was struck by this bullet at a time corresponding approximately to Zapruder frame 190. (6 HSCA 17, 43)

PEP member Dr. William Hartmann explained that the panel found that Willis slide 5 also indicated that JFK was hit at or shortly before Z190. Willis said he snapped slide 5 in a startle reaction to the sound of a shot. Hartmann noted that slide 5 corresponds to Z202, and that it would have taken at least 12 frames for Willis's neurological system to register and then react to the shockwave and sound of the shot and then for his finger muscles to snap the picture. "So," notes Hartmann, "that is very nice, consistent evidence that something happened, say, at 190 or shortly before 190" (2 HSCA 15).

If one is honest and credible enough to acknowledge the two sets of wound reactions in Z200-225 and in Z226-232, the simple, obvious, self-evident explanation for them is that JFK was hit in the throat a few frames before Z190 and that he was hit in the back a frame or two before Z226. This explains why his waving motion suddenly starts to freeze by no later than Z200, why he starts to rapidly turn his head from right to left while he's freezing his waving motion, why he is reaching for his throat with a pained facial look when he reemerges from behind the road sign, and why he is suddenly knocked forward in Z226.

WC apologists are still, embarrassingly, in denial about JFK's pre-Z207 reaction and about the pre-Z190 hit, but the HSCA PEP acknowledged both. Perhaps the HSCA PEP experts were influenced by the fact that the pre-Z207 reaction had already been discussed in a 1971 article in the prestigious Journal of Forensic Sciences. The article, titled “Photographic Evidence and the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy,” was published in the October 1971 edition of the journal and was written by Don Olson and Ralph Turner. Olson was a professor of physics at the University of California, while Turner was a professor of criminal justice at Michigan State University. I quote one short paragraph from their analysis:

As the President moves and rotates to the left, his right arm is pulled back into the car. While his elbow has been resting outside the car, it comes up noticeably at frame 195. The President’s elbow can be seen to cross the chrome strip on the side of the car at frames 198-199. As President Kennedy disappears from view behind the sign, his right arm seems to be in a particularly unusual position—the clearly visible gray of his suit coat indicating that his right arm and elbow have been raised at least to the level of his chin. (pp. 410-411)

Of course, we learned many years ago that the WC's own experts recognized that there is "some jerkiness" in JFK's movements in Z199-205, and that his right elbow "appears to be raised to an artificially high position" in Z204-205 ("Memorandum for the Record: Conference of April 14, 1964, to Determine Which Frames in the Zapruder Movies Show the Impact of the First and Second Bullets," written by WC attorney Melvin Eisenberg, 4/22/64, p. 1).

Needless to say, the pre-Z207 reaction and the Z226-232 reaction destroy any version of the SBT, especially the latest concoction, i.e., the Z224 SBT.

Another key fact about the pre-Z190 hit is that it occurred during the timeframe when the sixth-floor gunman's view of the limousine would have been obstructed the intervening oak tree on the north side of Elm Street. This is one reason that JFK's pre-Z207 reaction generated considerable debate among the HSCA PEP members. Nevertheless, 12 of the 17 PEP members voted to acknowledge the reaction.

And we haven't even mentioned the fact that Jackie clearly starts to notice JFK's reaction before she disappears behind the road sign, and that she is staring intently at him when she reemerges into view in Z222. To all but those who are pathologically committed to defending the SBT, this proves that Jackie noticed something was wrong with JFK before Z207 and long before JFK was jolted forward in Z226.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 02:51:39 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online David Von Pein

Not only isn't the SBT a "silly myth", it's almost certainly a rock-solid FACT. And the following GIF clip, which shows JFK & Connally raising their right arms at the exact same instant, goes a long way toward proving it's a fact:

More SBT Proof:
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/02/sbt-clips.html

Also....

I wonder what the odds are of the Warren Commission being able to re-create such a nearly perfect SBT demonstration (via CE903, below) and yet NOT have such a demonstration represent the truth of what actually happened? I wouldn't want to take those odds to Vegas if I was an anti-SBT conspiracy believer. And yet I'm supposed to believe the CTers who tell me that two (or probably THREE) different bullets lined themselves up beautifully so that Arlen Specter could later present this impressive "one bullet" exhibit to the world. Talk about incredibly good luck for Mr. Specter & Company! ....

--------------------------------

More SBT Battles:
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-887.html

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 04:52:45 PM by David Von Pein »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Not only isn't the SBT a "silly myth", it's almost certainly a rock-solid FACT. And the following GIF clip, which shows JFK & Connally raising their right arms at the exact same instant, goes a long way toward proving it's a fact:

This is abject nonsense. Did you even bother to read the OP? JFK starts raising his right arm long before Connally does. JFK's waving motion freezes by no later than Z200 as he starts to bring both hands inward and upward toward his throat. He's in the process of doing this when he disappears from view in Z207. This is long before Connally starts to raise his arm, and this is even longer before Connally's right shoulder is slammed downward in Z238.

I notice you said nothing about JFK's dramatic Z226-232 reaction, the main subject of the OP.

I also notice you said nothing about the fact that the HSCA PEP determined that JFK was hit at or before Z190.

I also notice you said nothing about Jackie's pre-Z207 reaction and her Z222-223 reaction, which undeniably prove that she realized something was wrong with JFK before Z207. Poof, on that basis alone your absurd Z224 SBT collapses.

Did you miss the news that the HSCA FPP determined that the back wound was below the throat wound, that the bullet struck the back at an upward angle, and that the tunneling inside the wound indicated that the bullet traveled upward after it entered the back? The HSCA FPP noted that "the wound beneath the skin appears to be tunneled from below upward" (7 HSCA 87). HSCA FPP Figure 12 shows the back wound slightly below the throat wound (7 HSCA 100). The upward-trajectory finding confirmed the 1975 finding of Dr. Werner Spitz of the Rockefeller Commission’s medical panel:

--------------------------------------------------------
There is no doubt that the bullet which struck the President’s back penetrated the skin in a sharply upward direction, as is evident from the width of the abrasion at the lower half of the bullet wound of entrance. The term "sharply upward direction" is used because it is evident from this injury that the missile traveled upwards within the body. (Report of Werner Spitz, 4/24/75, p. 1, Rockefeller Commission papers, see https://websites.umich.edu/~ahaq/correspondence.pdf)
--------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what the odds are of the Warren Commission being able to re-create such a nearly perfect SBT demonstration (via CE903, below) and yet NOT have such a demonstration represent the truth of what actually happened? I wouldn't want to take those odds to Vegas if I was an anti-SBT conspiracy believer. And yet I'm supposed to believe the CTers who tell me that two (or probably THREE) different bullets lined themselves up beautifully so that Arlen Specter could later present this impressive "one bullet" exhibit to the world. Talk about incredibly good luck for Mr. Specter & Company! ....

A "nearly perfect" SBT demonstration, huh?! I guess you didn't notice that Specter has the rod at a level on the back that is far below the stand-in's collar and far below the WC's location for the back wound? The WC's Rydberg drawing has the wound on the neck and above the throat wound (CE 385). I guess you also didn't notice that Specter has the bullet exiting at the bottom of the stand-in's tie knot?

I find your appeal to Specter's demonstration in CE 903 curious, because I've had many WC apologists tell me that his demonstration was wrong because he put the back wound too low. You guys need to get your story straight.

I take it you are unaware of the recent 3D laser analysis of the SBT done by the forensic engineering firm Knott Laboratory, the first analysis of its kind ever done of the SBT? Knott Lab's 3D analysis proves that the SBT is impossible. Here's an article about Knott Lab's historic analysis:

https://knottlab.com/blog/knott-lab-uses-forensic-science-to-refute-warren-commission-findings-on-jfk-assassination/

Here's a 24-minute podcast interview with Knott Lab CEO and Principal Engineer Stanley Stoll in which he explains the Knott 3D laser analysis and shows clips based on the digital reconstruction from the 3D laser data:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glUgE9RCwnw

FYI, the Knott Lab engineers placed the JFK and JBC figures after creating a digital twin of Dealey Plaza and then using AI-assisted photogrammetric analysis of the Zapruder film, photos of the limo, and various other photos to place the figures in the limousine. They made the digital twin of the plaza by doing an exhaustive laser survey of the plaza, collecting millions of data points to enable a digital 3D recreation of the plaza that was an exact duplicate of the plaza in every aspect. After making the digital twin, they used photogrammetric analysis to place the Kennedy and Connally figures in the limousine (as well as to place the limousine in the correct position on Elm Street).

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 05:56:04 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online David Von Pein

JFK isn't "reacting" at all prior to Z226. The HSCA's "Z190" SBT timeline is total nonsense and totally wrong. President Kennedy's right hand is still being LOWERED between Z224 and 225:

Connally's and Kennedy's right arms are then simultaneously moving upward between 225 and 226. And Connally was struck in his RIGHT wrist during the shooting. Just a coincidence? If so, what's causing this rapid up-then-down movement of the exact same arm/wrist that was wounded by a bullet?

CTers have come up with all kinds of lame-ass excuses to explain away all of the many things we see going on with Governor Connally in Zapruder frames 224 to 230 [GO HERE to see about a dozen such excuses], but sensible people can easily see through the B.S. and constant denial being exhibited by the conspiracy theorists.

Re: the HSCA's absurd "11-degree upward angle" of the bullet path through JFK's upper back and neck....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/jfk-back-wound-location.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 07:07:28 PM by David Von Pein »

Online Martin Weidmann

Not only isn't the SBT a "silly myth", it's almost certainly a rock-solid FACT.

Almost certainly? Really?

When you are not even sure enough to leave "almost" out and the matter is still open to discussion and interpretation of a few video images, you can not call it "a rock-solid FACT"

JFK Assassination Forum

Online David Von Pein

Almost certainly? Really?

When you are not even sure enough to leave "almost" out and the matter is still open to discussion and interpretation of a few video images, you can not call it "a rock-solid FACT"

Don't I get even as much as half of a bonus point for my use of the word "almost"?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 07:06:07 PM by David Von Pein »

Online Martin Weidmann

Don't I get even as much as half of a bonus point for my use of the word "almost"?

You would have gotten a whole bonus point by not calling something "a rock-solid FACT" when it clearly isn't one.   Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Organ

At least you spared Martin a physical reaction.