Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Sean Kneringer, Fergus O'brien

Author Topic: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?  (Read 4218 times)

Online David Von Pein

Re: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2024, 05:57:21 PM »
Advertisement
let me see if i understand you correctly . you readily admit that YOU HAVE NO IDEA , yet you are attacking me saying i dont know WHAT YOU ADMIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT ?

Yes. Exactly.
There's nothing incongruous there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2024, 05:57:21 PM »

Offline Paul McBrearty

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2024, 07:43:36 PM »
Be warned, this is a typical propaganda conspiracy book with a fancy cover and a catchy title, intended to deceive and aimed at a misguided audience. There is real shame on the author for not only attempting to deceive through sinister intrigue, distortion of and ignoring the evidence, but also, in the process, defaming a former President of the United States. A new law should prevent the creation of such defamatory books designed to deceive and provide a false impression of history.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2024, 08:29:06 PM »
Be warned, this is a typical propaganda conspiracy book with a fancy cover and a catchy title, intended to deceive and aimed at a misguided audience. There is real shame on the author for not only attempting to deceive through sinister intrigue, distortion of and ignoring the evidence, but also, in the process, defaming a former President of the United States. A new law should prevent the creation of such defamatory books designed to deceive and provide a false impression of history.

Warning!

This is either a claim made by somebody who knows what the actual truth is (and can prove it with conclusive evidence) or the biased opinion of a fanatical LN who dismisses everything out of hand that does not match his belief.

Which is it, Paul?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2024, 08:29:06 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2024, 03:52:00 AM »
have you actually read his jfk assassination books ? . i know LN often dont read so called CT material . even (and i am going from memory here ) Mr von pien in debate with Jim di eugenio refused point blank to view or even read any of the books , resources etc that Jim provided in that debate that supported his claims (i dont remember if the debate was here on this forum or the ed forum ) . Mr von pien posted in essence that he has absolutely no interest in reading ANYTHING that is CT related . and LN very often complain that CT dont read LN material such as the warren report or reclaiming history lol , that is quite a large slice of LN hypocrisy dont you think ? . but this is hardly surprising .

I have which is why I made my comment.

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2024, 04:30:29 PM »
I have which is why I made my comment.
A person doesn't have to read another person's book to know what's in them; particularly when the author posts elsewhere on what he or she says in that book. Why do you need to read the book? David includes detailed exchanges with DiEugenio on the various claims made by this very odd thinking person (I would imagine if Jim Garrison and Marguerite Oswald had a son he would sound a lot like DiEugenio).

Right now DiEugenio is repeating that baseless claim that NSAM 273 ended JFK's withdrawal plans for Vietnam, plans stated in NSAM 263. Not only does NSAM 273 not end the plans it actually endorsed them, i.e,. the 1000 troop reduction, at that point. The withdrawal plan was *always* contingent on the conditions on the ground; they weren't written in stone. Note: I didn't read his book where he makes this same claim about 273/263 but I am able to respond to it because he repeats it elsewhere.

Here is NSAM 263: https://irp.fas.org/offdocs/nsam-jfk/nsam-263.htm
Here is NSAM 273: https://irp.fas.org/offdocs/nsam-lbj/nsam-273.htm
And here are the Pentagon Papers going over in great detail how 273 was a continuation of JFK's policies and not a reversal as is claimed. Start with Page #6. #5.
https://nara-media-001.s3.amazonaws.com/arcmedia/research/pentagon-papers/Pentagon-Papers-Part-IV-C-1.pdf
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 02:43:11 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2024, 04:30:29 PM »

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2024, 04:48:14 PM »
Well, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know for a fact that Bugliosi (and others) made "millions" of dollars off their books.

Why would it be arrogant to think that?

I think that the bigger point Fergus was making is that people like Bugliosi and Myers did in fact make money out of their publications, just like the CT writers do. To qualify them as "authors who have placed the historical truth over financial gain" as Paul McBrearty did, is nothing more than a biased opinion, just like it is my opinion that Bugliosi and Myers did not have altruistic reasons for writing their publications.

"I think that the bigger point Fergus was making is that people like Bugliosi and Myers did in fact make money out of their publications " Martin

thank you Martin , but i am certain they both knew exactly what i was saying .

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2024, 04:54:34 PM »
Yes. Exactly.
There's nothing incongruous there.

lol

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2024, 04:54:34 PM »

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2024, 05:31:22 PM »
Warning!

This is either a claim made by somebody who knows what the actual truth is (and can prove it with conclusive evidence) or the biased opinion of a fanatical LN who dismisses everything out of hand that does not match his belief.

Which is it, Paul?

what we are of course seeing in this thread from some is sadly what i expected from the very start . which is biased and or agenda driven LN comments about books . and this mentality also can be the case with authors and researchers , if they have a theory ,  bias , or agenda that this bias etc will be evident in any book they write .