Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Sean Kneringer, Fergus O'brien

Author Topic: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?  (Read 4252 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2024, 11:47:58 PM »
Advertisement
A simple typographical error Martin. Thumb1:

A highly ironic and comical one, when you tell somebody else to go back to school.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2024, 11:47:58 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2024, 12:02:11 AM »
Well, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know for a fact that Bugliosi (and others) made "millions" of dollars off their books. I have no idea what they made----and neither do any of the know-it-all CTers.

And the "Myers Was Bugliosi's Ghostwriter" crap is just that-----crappola!

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/ghostwriting.html

Well, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know for a fact that Bugliosi (and others) made "millions" of dollars off their books.

Why would it be arrogant to think that?

I think that the bigger point Fergus was making is that people like Bugliosi and Myers did in fact make money out of their publications, just like the CT writers do. To qualify them as "authors who have placed the historical truth over financial gain" as Paul McBrearty did, is nothing more than a biased opinion, just like it is my opinion that Bugliosi and Myers did not have altruistic reasons for writing their publications.

Offline Paul McBrearty

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2024, 12:43:44 AM »
Well, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know for a fact that Bugliosi (and others) made "millions" of dollars off their books.

Why would it be arrogant to think that?

I think that the bigger point Fergus was making is that people like Bugliosi and Myers did in fact make money out of their publications, just like the CT writers do. To qualify them as "authors who have placed the historical truth over financial gain" as Paul McBrearty did, is nothing more than a biased opinion, just like it is my opinion that Bugliosi and Myers did not have altruistic reasons for writing their publications.

The point I'm conveying is that because conspiracy-orientated books are more marketable to the public than the historical truth, their authors, being aware of this, intentionally choose to mislead to line their pockets. In other words, the "truth" isn't their incentive. On the other hand, the honest authors of the great books I mentioned put the truth before financial gain, which is essential from a historical context. It's easy to understand this, unbiased fact. Making an honest living is more moral than trying to deceive millions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2024, 12:43:44 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2024, 01:03:52 AM »
The point I'm conveying is that because conspiracy-orientated books are more marketable to the public than the historical truth, their authors, being aware of this, intentionally choose to mislead to line their pockets. In other words, the "truth" isn't their incentive. On the other hand, the honest authors of the great books I mentioned put the truth before financial gain, which is essential from a historical context. It's easy to understand this, unbiased fact. Making an honest living is more moral than trying to deceive millions.

That you believe that conspiracy-orientated books are more marketable than the historical truth is a biased opinion based on an assumption that may or may not be true. The "historical truth" is different depending on how you view and interpret the evidence and some people simply do not believe the official narrative. I most certainly don't. Actually, I have never read any other book (LN or CT) except for the Warren Report. The claim that CT authors are aware of the fact that their theory is not the historical truth and intentionally ignore that to make money is not only an even more biased claim but also a highly questional accusation. CT authors may just as easily actually believe that their opinion is the right one. The fact you disagree with their opinion doesn't automatically mean that their opinion is wrong.

On the other hand, the honest authors of the great books I mentioned put the truth before financial gain, which is essential from a historical context. It's easy to understand this, unbiased fact.

Except for the fact that it isn't an "unbiased fact" at all. It is in fact a highly biased opinion to call the pro-LN authors "honest authors who put the truth before financial gain"

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2024, 03:59:53 PM »
Appointment in Dallas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2024, 03:59:53 PM »

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2024, 04:29:35 PM »
Don't fool yourself, O'Brien. Oh, and by the way, go back to school and learn how to write properly. It's clowns like you who are easily duped by this conspiracy nonsense. The grammar in your posts is painful to read. Capital letters?

all you an LN can do is attempt to insult and come at me complaining about grammar ? , is that really the best you got ? .

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2024, 04:31:25 PM »
You have no idea what you're talking about.

really ? ok educate me .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2024, 04:31:25 PM »

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2024, 04:38:55 PM »
Well, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know for a fact that Bugliosi (and others) made "millions" of dollars off their books. I have no idea what they made----and neither do any of the know-it-all CTers.

And the "Myers Was Bugliosi's Ghostwriter" crap is just that-----crappola!

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/ghostwriting.html

"I have no idea what they made " Mr von pien

let me see if i understand you correctly . you readily admit that YOU HAVE NO IDEA , yet you are attacking me saying i dont know WHAT YOU ADMIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT ? . lol lol . perhaps if you read stuff instead of refusing to do so you MIGHT THEN HAVE AN IDEA ? . the point i was making was that LN authors dont write books , create animations and work FOR NOTHING . they get paid WHAT EVER THEY GET PAID . but apparently a so called CT author should dedicate them selves to years and perhaps decades of research and do it all and not expect any sort of return ? .