Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?  (Read 8028 times)

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

Re: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 10:59:51 AM »
Advertisement
The book's premise was that Mary was murdered by a CIA "wet work" operative who had attempted to frame Raymond Crump in her shooting because "Mary knew too much!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Pinchot_Meyer

Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, ...
books.google.com › books
Peter Janney · 2016
Found inside
"... Georgia law professor, Scully identified himself as “a moderator at the Internet forum, JFK Debate, created by John Simkin.”2 Mr. Scully focused his attack on the conclusions I had presented about the prosecution witness William L ..."

I "dug my own grave," in the CT "community".

The author of the book's friend, Douglas Horne, "lashed out" in reaction to the unwelcome facts I presented.

Horne's friend, book author Peter Janney confirmed in the revised edition of his book. forced by my research results, that I had not concealed who I was by naming me in his attempt to discredit me because he could not counter the facts I discovered that had dismantled his fairy tale.
Just came from Peter's Wiki bio page, Tom.  Gosh, they mentioned me, but forgot about you.  Your gatherings are always worthy of perusal+

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 10:59:51 AM »

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2024, 11:30:21 AM »
Any book, repeat ANY book by Jim DiEugenio.

have you actually read his jfk assassination books ? . i know LN often dont read so called CT material . even (and i am going from memory here ) Mr von pien in debate with Jim di eugenio refused point blank to view or even read any of the books , resources etc that Jim provided in that debate that supported his claims (i dont remember if the debate was here on this forum or the ed forum ) . Mr von pien posted in essence that he has absolutely no interest in reading ANYTHING that is CT related . and LN very often complain that CT dont read LN material such as the warren report or reclaiming history lol , that is quite a large slice of LN hypocrisy dont you think ? . but this is hardly surprising .

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2024, 11:45:42 PM »
have you actually read his jfk assassination books ? . i know LN often dont read so called CT material . even (and i am going from memory here ) Mr von pien in debate with Jim di eugenio refused point blank to view or even read any of the books , resources etc that Jim provided in that debate that supported his claims (i dont remember if the debate was here on this forum or the ed forum ) . Mr von pien posted in essence that he has absolutely no interest in reading ANYTHING that is CT related . and LN very often complain that CT dont read LN material such as the warren report or reclaiming history lol , that is quite a large slice of LN hypocrisy dont you think ? . but this is hardly surprising .

David may have no interest in reading books full of unproven CT garbage but he is eminently familiar with all their arguments, and he has debated James DiEugenio on over a hundred occasions and considering that DiEugenio constantly referenced his arguments that David consistently refuted, proves that reading a few books full of misrepresentations and made up nonsense, wasn't going to add any more relevant information.

Just check out the following link and see James DiEugenio being repeatedly outargued by David.

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/04/dvp-vs-dieugenio-complete-series.html

And after you finish reading through the debates in the above link, then check out the rest of David's web site which is literally filled to the brim with interesting JFK facts, videos and photos. And you can also read the rest of the CT's that David has debated, which goes on for well over one thousand and three hundred pages.

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/

JohnM
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 12:04:01 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2024, 11:45:42 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2024, 02:00:11 AM »

"...unproven CT garbage"? When do we get into, "Unproven LN garbage"? Such as the 60 yr old SBT which SCIENCE has just proven is "IMPOSSIBLE"?

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2024, 04:57:38 PM »
David may have no interest in reading books full of unproven CT garbage but he is eminently familiar with all their arguments, and he has debated James DiEugenio on over a hundred occasions and considering that DiEugenio constantly referenced his arguments that David consistently refuted, proves that reading a few books full of misrepresentations and made up nonsense, wasn't going to add any more relevant information.

Just check out the following link and see James DiEugenio being repeatedly outargued by David.

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/04/dvp-vs-dieugenio-complete-series.html

And after you finish reading through the debates in the above link, then check out the rest of David's web site which is literally filled to the brim with interesting JFK facts, videos and photos. And you can also read the rest of the CT's that David has debated, which goes on for well over one thousand and three hundred pages.

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/

JohnM

"David may have no interest in reading books full of unproven CT garbage " Mr mytton

lol ok . so now no LN (that includes you ) should ever complain and say CT dont read the warren port yet they attack it , in essence how can CT attack a book if they have not studied it . that is the oft used line by LN yes ? . because you condone this very behavior in your fellow LN . David condones it when he readily admitted that he refuses to read , debate evidence or facts detailed in books and resources that he said are CT books and sources . i expect hypocrisy from LN , and i usually get it , and that is the case here now .

familiar with arguments ? how might one (an LN) being familiar with certain arguments possibly refute , debunk or disprove information in books and resources that they have never seen , never read , and have no intentions of reading ? . atleast Jim can say both that he studied Bugliosis book and that wrote a detailed book on it and its author .

i get that you think any CT is a novice and knows very little , i know you and your online persona quite well , and likewise with Mr von pien . so i am well aware of both you and him and his site .and i have seen many debates between LN and CT here and on other forums . i am no novice , but thank you for the information .  it is humorous that both you and he are bugliosi apostles ., given A that he as we know was of the opinion that there was a conspiracy in the rfk assassination , and B that he wanted good old boy GW charged with crimes relating to his fraudulent iraq war . i have seen you asked about this , i believe it was Martin only quite recently that mentioned this (but as i am going from memory i stand to be corrected on that ) but to my knowledge you did not discuss it with him . so what are your views on bugliosi the CT ? .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2024, 04:57:38 PM »

Online Paul McBrearty

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2024, 07:07:51 PM »
Some of the best books on this subject are:

Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The Warren Report and Lee Harvey Oswald's Guilt and Motive 50 Years on
The JFK Myths: A Scientific Investigation of the Kennedy Assassination
Conspiracy of One: The Definitive Book on the Kennedy Assassination
Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy
JFK Assassination Logic: How to Think about Claims of Conspiracy
Thinking Critically About the Kennedy Assassination: Debunking the Myths and Conspiracy Theories
Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK

All these truth-orientated titles provide an honest and unbiased evaluation of the evidence. The authors who have placed the historical truth over financial gain—a trait utterly foreign to the prevaricating deceptive writings of their conspiracy adversaries—should be commended for their invaluable work.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2024, 08:22:34 PM »
Some of the best books on this subject are:

Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The Warren Report and Lee Harvey Oswald's Guilt and Motive 50 Years on
The JFK Myths: A Scientific Investigation of the Kennedy Assassination
Conspiracy of One: The Definitive Book on the Kennedy Assassination
Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy
JFK Assassination Logic: How to Think about Claims of Conspiracy
Thinking Critically About the Kennedy Assassination: Debunking the Myths and Conspiracy Theories
Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK

All these truth-orientated titles provide an honest and unbiased evaluation of the evidence. The authors who have placed the historical truth over financial gain—a trait utterly foreign to the prevaricating deceptive writings of their conspiracy adversaries—should be commended for their invaluable work.
The Gagne book - "Thinking Critically...." - is especially good on the question of how exactly such a secret conspiracy could be planned in advance (no one said no?), executed (no one saw this being done?) and then covered up (no one blew the whistle?) when we have the problem of bureaucratic independence and inertia and rivalries. There is no such thing as "the government", not in the US. It's a series of agencies and departments and divisions filled with people of various backgrounds and views and interests.

Gagne makes this point: "Conspiracists are often silent on this matter [of how a bureaucracy could pull such a conspiracy off] but anyone who has studied the way institutional bureaucracies behave - with their particular chains of command, methods of internal communication, and bureaucratic trappings - might find it difficult to believe that a seamless conspiracy can be conduced by rival government agencies. It becomes even more questionable when we compound the number of agents and White House aides still faithful to Kennedy who maintained access to the evidence [and the investigation]."

Remember that LBJ kept *all* of JFK's people in his Administration, not only heading the departments and agencies but the Kennedy people, the Irish mafia, were kept onboard too. Why would he do this if he wanted to keep this quiet? It makes no sense.

So where was this plot planned out? Who led or initiated it? Where did they meet? How did they communicate? How were those who carried it out paid? Directed? Instructed? Where is the money trail? Where are the orders? I've read dozens of conspiracy books, more than I care to admit, and none of them lay this out. It's all "the conspiracy was off the books" replies if we get one at all.

We know the the civil service, the Administrative state, the bureaucracy of the US government cannot be controlled the way conspiracists say it was. It doesn't work that way. And multiple generations of people too? But in conspiracy world it doesn't work this way; "the government" is a single entity with the various agencies and departments and divisions - and all of the people in them - working together. It's a fantasy world they've created; not the real one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 04:06:51 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2024, 08:22:34 PM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2024, 03:17:03 AM »
The worst JFK Assassination related book , " BY FAR " is that Joke of a book written by Vincent Bugliosi called " Reclaiming History" . It has 1,648 pages and is as useless as the Warren Report . Did any of you read it ? Vincent has to be a 3rd cousin to Gerald Posner !!!!!