Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?  (Read 8054 times)

Offline Reggie Montoya

Advertisement
New member here.
Love the forum so I decided to register.
At any rate, what's the worst book you came across dealing with the JFK conspiracy? I nominate American Confidential: Uncovering the Bizarre Story of Lee Harvey Oswald and his Mother by Deanne Stillman.
Interested in reading your answers.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: What's the worst JFK assassination related book you ever came across?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 11:42:55 PM »
In terms of millions of people deceived and the amount of errors-per-page, these mass-marketed titles from major publishers spring to mind.

"Who Killed JFK?" 1992, many reissues. "High Treason", 1989, the later paperback version and reissues sold millions. A more recent large-selling book littered with errors is "JFK and The Unspeakable", 2008.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 01:51:06 AM »
In terms of millions of people deceived and the amount of errors-per-page, these mass-marketed titles from major publishers spring to mind.

"Who Killed JFK?" 1992, many reissues. "High Treason", 1989, the later paperback version and reissues sold millions. A more recent large-selling book littered with errors is "JFK and The Unspeakable", 2008.

Millions? If so, Groden must be a millionaire?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 01:51:06 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 02:08:39 AM »
Millions? If so, Groden must be a millionaire?

If Groden made, say, $250,000 from books and videos, and selling autopsy pictures to tabloids, and didn't have any meaningful employment for 25 years, then he was living modestly. His career as a courtroom expert witness went nowhere fast. Wonder if he's getting a mental disability pension.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 02:15:32 AM »
I was just thinking if High Treason sold 1 million copies, and the author received $1 per copy sold that would be 1 million dollars. Of course half that would go to Livingstone depending on how they had agreed to split funds.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 02:15:32 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 02:47:34 AM »
I was just thinking if High Treason sold 1 million copies, and the author received $1 per copy sold that would be 1 million dollars. Of course half that would go to Livingstone depending on how they had agreed to split funds.

Per average rates, for Groden to get $1 per paperback sale, the paperback would have to sell for $40.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 05:54:38 AM »
New member here.
Love the forum so I decided to register.
At any rate, what's the worst book you came across dealing with the JFK conspiracy? I nominate American Confidential: Uncovering the Bizarre Story of Lee Harvey Oswald and his Mother by Deanne Stillman.
Interested in reading your answers.

The book's premise was that Mary was murdered by a CIA "wet work" operative who had attempted to frame Raymond Crump in her shooting because "Mary knew too much!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Pinchot_Meyer

Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, ...
books.google.com › books
Peter Janney · 2016
Found inside
"... Georgia law professor, Scully identified himself as “a moderator at the Internet forum, JFK Debate, created by John Simkin.”2 Mr. Scully focused his attack on the conclusions I had presented about the prosecution witness William L ..."

I "dug my own grave," in the CT "community".

The author of the book's friend, Douglas Horne, "lashed out" in reaction to the unwelcome facts I presented.

Horne's friend, book author Peter Janney confirmed in the revised edition of his book. forced by my research results, that I had not concealed who I was by naming me in his attempt to discredit me because he could not counter the facts I discovered that had dismantled his fairy tale.

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27065-tom-scully/#comment-439847
 Posted April 9, 2021 (edited)

On 4/9/2021 at 6:06 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Any idea why?

I checked and discover the reason why he left. Apparently, Tom and the author of Destiny Betrayed were censored because of Hank Albarelli's complaint over the Mary Meyer issue. Edited April 9, 2021 by Calvin Ye

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 06:10:38 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 05:54:38 AM »

Online Paul McBrearty

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 07:50:43 PM »
The worst books concerning the JFK Assassination are all the conspiracy-orientated titles, all of which are written in a deceptive, dishonest, fraudulent, spurious, and distorted manner, etc., and aimed at an unsuspecting public as the authors are cognizant that conspiracy disinformation is marketable to the masses.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 08:00:47 PM by Paul McBrearty »