Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When Was JBC Hit?  (Read 20874 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: When Was JBC Hit?
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2023, 10:25:36 PM »
Advertisement
It is amazing to me how much influence our preconceptions have on what we see in the photographic record. I am not immune to this phenomenon. People who can’t believe the SBT, for whatever reasons, will deny that JBC is reacting to being shot.

Right.  And people who believe in the single bullet fantasy "see" a simultaneous reaction.  It's a Rorschach test.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2023, 10:25:36 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2023, 10:29:27 PM »
He is reacting.
I can't tell from the film whether he is reacting being hit in the back or reacting to hearing the first shot hit JFK and fearing an assassination unfolding (as he said occurred).

The only reason to think that the bullet through JFK's neck hit Connally is that the bullet passed through JFK's neck without deflecting and the car shows no sign of being hit.  Arlen Specter admitted that this was the reason for the SBT.

If that is indeed the case, the SBT must be correct.  The evidence would favour the first shot SBT and we would have to find (as John McCloy did) that the evidence that JBC was hit on the second shot must be wrong.

But if JBC was hit by two bullets and did not feel one because it caused only superficial wound that he did not notice for a few seconds before being hit in the back, then there is no problem with any of the evidence.  In fact, the difference in JBC's wounds could be easily explained as would the condition of CE399.  Tague's evidence that he was struck on the second shot would also fit.  And the trajectory would fit much better.  I can't think of any evidence that does not fit that scenario.

Rather than getting bogged down in various theories, particularly your own, it's more of a general discussion about what we actually see in the Z-film.
You agree JBC is reacting - how would you describe the reaction?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 10:31:30 PM »
Right.  And people who believe in the single bullet fantasy "see" a simultaneous reaction.  It's a Rorschach test.

What do you see, John?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 10:31:30 PM »

Offline Jarrett Smith

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 10:49:29 PM »
Connally was reacting at Z223 but watching Mrs. Kennedy it seems JFK was hit a bit earlier. She turns and stares at him right after he goes behind the sign.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2023, 11:41:08 PM »
What do you see, John?

Oh that's easy, Iacoletti sees the exact opposite of any evidence that convicts Oswald.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2023, 11:41:08 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2023, 12:10:21 AM »
Oh that's easy, Iacoletti sees the exact opposite of any evidence that convicts Oswald.

JohnM

The interesting thing is that this isn't about people's pet theories, it's just about what the Z-film is showing.
What do people see?
So far there has been a general consensus that JBC is having an extreme reaction that begins around z223/224.
Obviously, people can't resist adding their own spin, be it the SBT or whatever, but it would be interesting to see if a real consensus can be reached over this issue as I believe it would be a first.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2023, 12:16:54 AM »
Connally was reacting at Z223 but watching Mrs. Kennedy it seems JFK was hit a bit earlier. She turns and stares at him right after he goes behind the sign.

Mrs. Kennedy's job was to acknowledge the crowd and at that point in time the majority of the crowd from her position was behind her husband.

Another factor to consider is after hearing a shot at approximately Z160, Connally quickly turns to the right.

Mr. SPECTER. As the automobile turned left onto Elm from Houston, what did occur there, Governor?
Governor CONNALLY. We had--we had gone, I guess, 150 feet, maybe 200 feet, I don't recall how far it was, heading down to get on the freeway, the Stemmons Freeway, to go out to the hall where we were going to have lunch and, as I say, the crowds had begun to thin, and we could--I was anticipating that we were going to be at the hall in approximately 5 minutes from the time we turned on Elm Street.
We had just made the turn, well, when I heard what I thought was a shot. I heard this noise which I immediately took to be a rifle shot. I instinctively turned to my right because the sound appeared to come from over my right shoulder, so I turned to look back over my right shoulder,...

Rosemary Willis slows down after hearing a shot at approximately Z160

At circa Zapruder film frames 164-171 (hereafter "Z-164-171"), she starts to slow down, then she stops running and, simultaneous with her slowing/stopping, she slightly turns her level-facing head to end up looking towards the southeast corner of the Texas School Book Depository. Willis stated she stopped because she heard a loud noise that attracted her attention.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary_Willis

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2023, 12:16:54 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2023, 12:25:21 AM »
The interesting thing is that this isn't about people's pet theories, it's just about what the Z-film is showing.
What do people see?
So far there has been a general consensus that JBC is having an extreme reaction that begins around z223/224.
Obviously, people can't resist adding their own spin, be it the SBT or whatever, but it would be interesting to see if a real consensus can be reached over this issue as I believe it would be a first.

The GIFs you posted on the previous page show both men violently reacting simultaneously.

The lapel flip caused by the exiting bullet, reinforces this simultaneous reaction.

JohnM