Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Earl Warren and the 40-Year Wait  (Read 3671 times)

Offline Della Cross

Earl Warren and the 40-Year Wait
« on: November 22, 2023, 08:01:11 PM »
Advertisement
In honor of President Kennedy on this sad anniversary:  I want to share something that my father told me years ago.  Two or three days after the assassination, my father was watching TV.  A network news reporter and camera crew were in Washington DC when Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren passed by on his way between two buildings. The reporter asked the Chief Justice for a comment.  Warren, looking very distressed, was evasive. Then he added, "The full truth about the assassination of President Kennedy will not be known for forty years." Which seemed to mean the coverup had already started. My father was shocked, but was unable to find out anything else about Warren's statement. Does anyone on this Forum know about Warren's comment to the TV reporter?  Was that news video ever seen again?

JFK Assassination Forum

Earl Warren and the 40-Year Wait
« on: November 22, 2023, 08:01:11 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Earl Warren and the 40-Year Wait
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 09:47:48 PM »
"Yes, there will come a time. But it might not be in your lifetime.
I am not referring to anything especially, but there may be some
things that would involve security. This would be preserved but
not made public."

( Page from Reclaiming History, 2007. The "Mrs. Oswald" referred to on the top line is Marina. )

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 10:04:02 PM »
12 years ago I added this section to the Earl Warren Wikipedia biography, reasoning that the JFK Wikipedia bio included plenty of dirt, a substantial portion less well supported than the following, after I noted that the Earl Warren bio made him out to be an altar boy.The wikipedia minder removed the CONTROVERSY section less than an hour later.

Warren as prosecutor, had known Declan Ford's father, and as governor, had appointed Declan's brother, John, as a state judge. Warren was pleased when Judge John Ford issued a favorable ruling related to air pollution reduction.

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/ford_d.htm
TESTIMONY OF DECLAN P. FORD
"....Mr. MURRAY. Mr. Chief Justice, may I confer briefly with counsel?
The CHAIRMAN. Where were you born?
Mr. FORD. Los Angeles.
The CHAIRMAN. Did you go to the public schools there?

Mr. FORD. I attended both parochial and public schools in Los Angeles and Glendale.
The CHAIRMAN. Then you went to the University of California at Los Angeles?
Mr. FORD. Right.
The CHAIRMAN. Where did you go after that. You were in the service, did you say?
Mr. FORD. I was in the service. After I got out of the service I went back to UCLA and finished my education and then went to work in the oil industry first in Bakersfield and in Los Angeles, Ventura, and then went to work for DeGollyer and McNaughton overseas.
The CHAIRMAN. I see. .."

I did not understand how the opportunity arose for this to happen, or why. Warren did not interfere with his daughter Virginia being a fixture on the arm of Conrad Hilton, an organized crime front and money launderer. After it was assumed Virginia Warren would marry the much older Hilton, she married John Daly, visibly an alcoholic who Warren had to have encountered, considering the amount of time Daly spent drinking at Toots Shor's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toots_Shor
Toots Shor - Wikipedia
The then-Chief Justice, Earl Warren, considered Toots one of his closest friends. "The Chief" showed up to be photographed with a shovel full of dirt when Toots broke ground on Toots' 52nd street "joint". Third restaurant

Supporting links can be accessed at this link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Earl_Warren&oldid=432596658#Controversy
Controversy

Although Drew Pearson and Earl Warren were close friends and vacationed together[44] and considering Pearson's stepson, Tyler Abell and his wife Bess were employed in the Lyndon Johnson White House[45], the reporting of Drew Pearson in October, 1963, was incompatible with the proposal by Earl Warren and the endorsement of Tom C. Clark of the appointment of Albert E. Jenner, Jr. to the Warren Commission staff.

In 1946, fearing for his life, Chicago organized crime leader James M. Ragen contacted Clark through newspaper columnist Drew Pearson to obtain the protection of federal agents in exchange for information. A dozen FBI agents were sent to Chicago to interrogate Ragen. After checking and confirming the details of mob activity provided by Ragen, Tom Clark withdrew Ragen's FBI protection for lack of federal jurisdiction to prosecute the suspects Ragen named. Almost immediately, Ragen was seriously wounded by gunfire. Several suspects were arrested but no one was prosecuted due to the disappearance of some witnesses and the lack of cooperation of others. Ragen's condition was improving after the shooting, but he died suddenly in the hospital of mercury poisoning. Drew Pearson hinted in his syndicated column in October 1963 that Clark had told him that the FBI confirmed Ragen's accusations of Chicago mob control by leading businessmen and politicians. This was confirmed in the posthumous publication, eleven years later, of Drew Pearson's Diaries, 1949–1959 edited by Tyler Abell.[46]; Tom Clark had told Pearson that Ragen stated that Henry Crown, the Hilton Hotels chain, and Walter Annenberg controlled the mob.[47][48][46][49][50][51][52][53][54]

Earl Warren and his family were close friends of Henry Crown's investment partner, Conrad Hilton, and Warren's daughter, Virginia was formerly involved in a close relationship with Conrad Hilton.[55][56][57][58] The year following the publication of the Warren Report, Earl Warren selected[59] as his Supreme Court law clerk, the son of Paul Ziffren,[60]former California state Democratic party chairman, forced to resign after allegations of Ziffren's organized crime connections were leveled by Earl Warren's friend,[61] Senator William F. Knowland.[62][63][64][65]

"One of the things that was embarrassing and got national coverage was the Reader's Digest article of July, 1960. It was written by Lester Velie and is called, "Paul Ziffren, The Democrats' Man of Mystery." (The author sets forth a very detailed account of "Ziffren 's connections with the underworld and gambling figures of the period,") "[66]

Despite the disturbing information about Henry Crown, et al., Drew Pearson claimed was provided to him by Clark in 1946, Justice Tom Clark appointed Crown's son, John, as one of two of his 1956 Supreme Court session law clerks.[67] In December 1963, Chief Justice Earl Warren, acting as head of the newly formed Presidential Commission investigating the death of President Kennedy, suggested that Henry Crown's attorney, Albert E. Jenner, Jr., who also, at that time employed Crown's son, John at Jenner's Chicago law firm, be appointed as a senior assistant Warren Commission counsel. Warren gave his fellow commissioners the names of two men who approved of Jenner's appointment, Tom C Clark and Dean Acheson. [68]

The appointment of Albert Jenner to investigate[69] whether either Oswald or Ruby acted alone or conspired with others remains controversial.[70][71] In 1953, Albert E. Jenner, Jr. had represented Michael Frank Darling when he was investigated by the House Committee on Education and Labor.[72]Darling was business manager of IBEW union Chicago local 1031, the first and largest union organization to contract insurance coverage with Allen Dorfman and his father, Paul, an associate of Jack Ruby. [73][74][75]

https://books.google.com/books?id=oGq1AAAAIAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=high+places
Diaries, 1949-1959, Volume 1
Drew Pearson
Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1974 - Journalists - 592 pages
"...high places. J. Edgar Hoover intimated the same thing. He said the people Ragen pointed to had now reformed. I learned later that it pointed to the Hilton Hotel chain, Henry Crown, the big Jewish financier in Chicago (involved in Cook County real estate deals with Jake Arvey) and Walter Annenberg.."

The accusation was that Crown and Hilton were Tony Accardo financiers, Howard Willens, DOJ liason to the WC who assigned the investigatory subject matter to
Albert Jenner and the othe Asst. WC counsels, was the son of a man who purchased the home in River Forest, IL, next to Accardo's and, when it was up for sale recently, a rumor emerged that the former Willens home had a tunnel connecting it to the Accardo residence!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 10:16:22 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 10:04:02 PM »