Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: From Behind the Fence  (Read 20337 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: From Behind the Fence
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 05:27:05 PM »
Advertisement
I'm a newbie, and have not done any research on the possibility that a shot was fired from behind the fence.  imho, all shots were fired from behind the presidential limo. But I know that some Parkland doctors believed the throat wound was an entrance wound.  A video on YouTube featuring an interview with railroad supervisor Sam Holland, who was standing on the overpass during the assassination on Nov. 22 has caused me to expand my research.
I assume this is old info to people who support the idea of a shot from the front, but it was new to me. Sam Holland was absolutely convincing, and his statement that the Warren Commission misquoted him on the subject of a shot fired from behind the fence at the top of the grassy knoll was shocking. I didn't realize the overpass where Holland was standing is so close to the fence where he heard a shot and saw gun smoke hanging in the air. I'd like to hear from people who already know this issue, and have viewpoints concerning it. Thanks.
Watch the video carefully when it shows the locations of Holland and the fence, about 1:19 in. You'll notice that, from Holland's perspective on 11/22/63, the TSBD is actually behind the fence as well. Sometimes, the evidence can be ambiguous. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 05:27:05 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2023, 05:32:48 PM »
Watch the video carefully when it shows the locations of Holland and the fence, about 1:19 in. You'll notice that, from Holland's perspective on 11/22/63, the TSBD is actually behind the fence as well. Sometimes, the evidence can be ambiguous.

So are you saying Holland actually saw smoke coming from the TSBD vs his claiming the Picket Fence?

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 05:54:14 PM »
   So are you saying Holland actually saw smoke coming from the TSBD vs his claiming the Picket Fence?
Holland describes it as "lingering." In my own non-trivial experience with firearms, gunsmoke doesn't linger. It's mostly steam, and it dissipates and disappears almost immediately.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 05:54:14 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 06:00:57 PM »
Holland describes it as "lingering." In my own non-trivial experience with firearms, gunsmoke doesn't linger. It's mostly steam, and it dissipates and disappears almost immediately.

The "lingering" was allegedly due to tree branches restricting the smoke from rising/drifting/dissipating quickly. That's the contention.

Offline Della Cross

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 07:35:31 PM »
Marjan Rynkiewicz wrote:
"... 99% of what Holland said was krapp."

I agree with you completely about Hickey, and his accidental role in the death of JFK.  But... did Holland really see a puff of gun smoke from behind the fence?  Or did he imagine it?  Why would he lie about it?  An echo from shots fired by LHO and Hickey might account for the gunshot(s) that some people heard from the grassy knoll. But the puff of smoke?  Holland says the area behind the fence was crowded with parked cars, and he and others had to crawl over bumpers and hoods to reach the fence. Those cars could have provided cover for a shooter, and for his escape.  Here we are, 60 years later, and the people who actually know what happened are still putting their country thru anguish and torment, rather than reveal the truth.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 07:35:31 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 08:14:33 PM »

On that day, there is no way anything was "lingering" in Dealy Plaza.   As always, there is always a constant breeze in Dealey Plaza.   That day, wind gusts were recorded at - I believe-25 mph.  In the stabilized Zapruder film, you can clearly see the wind blowing the trees as Zapruder is filming the caar disappearing beneath the underpass.  I have always doubted that Holland saw any smoke "lingering" that day. 

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2023, 10:57:05 PM »
Marjan Rynkiewicz wrote:
"... 99% of what Holland said was krapp."

I agree with you completely about Hickey, and his accidental role in the death of JFK.  But... did Holland really see a puff of gun smoke from behind the fence?  Or did he imagine it?  Why would he lie about it?  An echo from shots fired by LHO and Hickey might account for the gunshot(s) that some people heard from the grassy knoll. But the puff of smoke?  Holland says the area behind the fence was crowded with parked cars, and he and others had to crawl over bumpers and hoods to reach the fence. Those cars could have provided cover for a shooter, and for his escape.  Here we are, 60 years later, and the people who actually know what happened are still putting their country thru anguish and torment, rather than reveal the truth.
If u look at all of the pix in Dealey, & all of the footages, u will see that Holland & Co are still on the TUP many minutes after the shots.
So, Holland did not run to the fence after the shots.
Holland hizself says that there were 40 or 50 persons in the carpark when he was looking around in the carpark. So, the footprints & muddy prints etc could have been made after the shots.
Re the supposed smoke, the AR15 would have made a bit of smoke i suppose (4 or 5 shots), & it was just right of the trees from Holland's view.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?action=post;quote=142357;topic=2833.80
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 11:17:05 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2023, 10:57:05 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2023, 11:16:42 PM »
    The "lingering" was allegedly due to tree branches restricting the smoke from rising/drifting/dissipating quickly. That's the contention.
Sorry, Live Oaks don't do diddly to trap smoke or steam.