Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Towner3 Fence Man Identity  (Read 12122 times)

Offline Royell Storing

Re: Towner3 Fence Man Identity
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 07:15:14 PM »
Advertisement

I am not so sure that it isn’t a shoulder strap over his left shoulder with the camera case on his right. Did Zapruder have a camera case with a shoulder strap with him that day?

You know how Sitzman towered over Zapruder. Now look at where that guy inside the shelter measures up to the 2nd level Shelter window. This man is much taller than Zapruder. Heavier too.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 07:15:14 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 07:18:11 PM »

Are there any other images taken around the same time frame as Towner3 was taken that shows Sitzman in that area (or elsewhere)? Also, in the extreme camera right hand side of Towner3 there is a man who, to me, resembles Zapruder standing inside the pergola. Has anyone positively identified that man? And what do either Sitzman or Zapruder say that they were doing during this time frame (in the immediate aftermath of the shooting)? Your identification seems very likely correct to me. Especially since Sitzman apparently cannot be positively placed elsewhere during this time period.
I don't know of any other photos or film that show that figure, or detail about what Sitzman did until she, along with Mrs. Hester, appear at or near the N Elm sidewalk in a Skaggs photo. Following that she is being interviewed (as filmed by Darnell) on the patio next to the Zapruder pedestal. Then she's seen around the depository doorway. Since the Towner3 slide shows just a fraction of a second anything else is a guess, I guess  ;)

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 07:29:28 PM »
      Several reasons this is Not Sitzman. For starters, just look at your own model. Sitzman is tall enough standing on that 2nd step to already see over the picket fence. Why would she then be BENDING OVER at the waist?
She is not only able to look over the fence, but also beyond the pergola shelter into more of the parking area. The further she moves down the steps the more she could see in that area.

Also, why would she have her left arm extended straight out/perpendicular to her body?
Balance?
 Contorting Sitzman's body into this "Twister" position is not natural.
There is nothing unnatural about that "Twister" slur.

And what happened to her scarf that runs down her back?
Over her right shoulder.

Really? You claim, "The further she moves DOWN the steps, the MORE she could see in that area". Not true. The further DOWN the steps anyone goes, the LOWER they are in relation to the picket fence = the LESS they can see. High ground permits a better view vs low ground.
         What woman inna standing position has her entire arm extending outward at waist level? There are 3 Zapruder still frames showing Sitzman standing. In all of these still frames her arms are tight to her body. Including her arm with the purse draped over it. No arm is sticking out from her body.
         If you're gonna turn that scarf, (for whatever reason), with the rear duck tail now over her (R) shoulder, then the KNOT that was under her chin has to now be over her (L) shoulder. That KNOT is not visible on the guy/kid looking over the picket fence.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 07:29:28 PM »

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 07:36:33 PM »
H Michael. I don't have a man. Do you think I'm joking?

Hi James, I hope that you are doing well! Sorry if I offended you! Like I said before, I simply think it is a man and I do not see him wearing Sitzman's black head scarf! It is my opinion. Thank you for everything! Sincerely yours, Michael

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 07:43:54 PM »
         Really? You claim, "The further she moves DOWN the steps, the MORE she could see in that area". Not true. The further DOWN the steps anyone goes, the LOWER they are in relation to the picket fence = the LESS they can see. High ground permits a better view vs low ground.
         What woman inna standing position has her entire arm extending outward at waist level? There are 3 Zapruder still frames showing Sitzman standing. In all of these still frames her arms are tight to her body. Including her arm with the purse draped over it. No arm is sticking out from her body.
         If you're gonna turn that scarf, (for whatever reason), with the rear duck tail now over her (R) shoulder, then the KNOT that was under her chin has to now be over her (L) shoulder. That KNOT is not visible on the guy/kid looking over the picket fence.
Yes, the further moving down the steps absolutely allows her to see more around the side of the pergola. I said nothing about peering over the fence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 07:43:54 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 07:45:05 PM »
             You know how Sitzman towered over Zapruder. Now look at where that guy inside the shelter measures up to the 2nd level Shelter window. This man is much taller than Zapruder. Heavier too.

James has her positioned two steps down from the level that the man is standing. That’s probably in the neighborhood of 16”. James could likely tell us exactly what the height difference is. Also, if the camera elevation is lower than the man’s head (again James can probably tell us this) and the man is not flat up against the back wall of the pergola, then using the back window level as a gauge would make the man appear taller than he actually is. Perspectives in photography can be misleading due to trying to depict 3D on a one-dimensional photograph.

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 07:50:38 PM »

James has her positioned two steps down from the level that the man is standing. That’s probably in the neighborhood of 16”. James could likely tell us exactly what the height difference is. Also, if the camera elevation is lower than the man’s head (again James can probably tell us this) and the man is not flat up against the back wall of the pergola, then using the back window level as a gauge would make the man appear taller than he actually is. Perspectives in photography can be misleading due to trying to depict 3D on a one-dimensional photograph.
The cement pedestal is 22.4" above the pavement. Two steps down would be about 11".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 07:50:38 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 09:28:42 PM »
Yes, the further moving down the steps absolutely allows her to see more around the side of the pergola. I said nothing about peering over the fence.

The guy/kid on the fence is DIRECTLY FACING the fence. If that figure has a belt buckle, it would be dead center/facing the fence. The head/face is Not turned as if peering around anything. This image does Not show anything to indicate the head is turned as if peering left or right around the Pergola.