Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswalds Journey To Work Wth Buell Wesley Frazier  (Read 8470 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Oswalds Journey To Work Wth Buell Wesley Frazier
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2023, 12:00:44 AM »
Advertisement
Of all the unfortunate things in this case, Marina's obvious intense dislike of Ruth Paine is truly surprising.  When you read Marina's testimony and comments about Ruth Paine in the aftermath it is perplexing that she clearly disliked Ruth intensely after the assassination.  Ruth Paine was obviously trying to do a good deed in assisting Marina and her family when she had no obligation to do so.   My guess is that Marina was concerned that Ruth Paine could reveal some details about her that would not be complimentary.   Likely influenced by Robert Oswald who was suspicious of Ruth.  Marina also wanted the limelight and didn't want to share it with anyone.  There were likely financial incentives to be the source of information about Oswald and Ruth also knew some of those details. 

Marina had plenty of cause to be concerned.  She knew that her husband had attempted to assassinate a public figure in Dallas.  She knew that her husband kept the rifle in the Paine's garage.  She knew that her husband made an unexpected trip to the house where he kept the rifle on the very night before the arrival of the president.  She knew that her husband worked in a building overlooking the motorcade route.  Should she have been concerned being the only person on Earth to know these details on Nov. 21 and perhaps have been in a position to stop what happened?  Maybe.  She has gotten off easy in my opinion.  Maybe it is unreasonable to suggest that she should have known that her husband was a threat to assassinate JFK but she had plenty of cause to give it some consideration.
On the split between Ruth and Marina: As you pointed out, I think that came out, to a large extent, due to the influence by Robert over her after the assassination. He detested the Paines, especially Mike, and I think he convinced Marina that they were using the assassination and her for their own personal gain.

I'll go to McMillan again. On the breakup between Marina and Ruth:

And on Marina's guilt:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 12:01:37 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2023, 12:00:44 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2023, 08:32:32 AM »
Thanks for providing more insights, if you have any photos or videos, I'd sure like to see them!

I kinda guessed she was still 100% certain of Oswald's guilt but I feel it's important for any newbies to know how she felt.

Also it was good of you to attempt to guide her away from signing the "Curtain Rods" package but that she signed it anyway speaks volumes for who the woman actually is, a kind hearted Quaker who would do anything for virtually anybody. I wonder if the guy with the signed "Curtain Rods" package will try to turn a profit on eBay? Which reminds me of Max Good who exploited Ruth then put his documentary behind a paywall, what a nice guy.

Even the way Max Good distorts with evil intent, the font of Ruth Paine's name in the the promotional poster is stomach churning.

Btw who else was at the event?

JohnM

Thanks for providing more insights, if you have any photos or videos, I'd sure like to see them!

I have a ton of pics, John.  Private message your email address and I'll send as many as you'd like to see.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2023, 08:44:54 AM »
Did you ask her if she passed on the call about the love field airport job to Oswald? There is some doubt she hid this call from Oswald as she'd prefer him to work at the lower paid tsbd job rather than the higher paid love field job.

The less money LHO made, the easier it would be for her to seperate Marina from LHO which is what her goal appeared to be.

No.  I didn't ask her anything like that.  I didn't feel the need.  Plus, this was a casual four days with her, where she talked about things like Lee fixing the back screen door of the house in Irving.  We went for ice cream every night and Ruth decided to join us one of the nights.  It was casual, not the setting for interviewing (though we did ask her many questions but none on the level you're asking about).  As it turned out, once her commitments were through (which they were by Tuesday), she was simply part of the group like the rest of us.  All in all, there were about 12 to 15 of us eating lunch and dinner together each night, etc.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2023, 08:44:54 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2023, 08:49:09 AM »
Of all the unfortunate things in this case, Marina's obvious intense dislike of Ruth Paine is truly surprising.  When you read Marina's testimony and comments about Ruth Paine in the aftermath it is perplexing that she clearly disliked Ruth intensely after the assassination.  Ruth Paine was obviously trying to do a good deed in assisting Marina and her family when she had no obligation to do so.   My guess is that Marina was concerned that Ruth Paine could reveal some details about her that would not be complimentary.   Likely influenced by Robert Oswald who was suspicious of Ruth.  Marina also wanted the limelight and didn't want to share it with anyone.  There were likely financial incentives to be the source of information about Oswald and Ruth also knew some of those details. 

Marina had plenty of cause to be concerned.  She knew that her husband had attempted to assassinate a public figure in Dallas.  She knew that her husband kept the rifle in the Paine's garage.  She knew that her husband made an unexpected trip to the house where he kept the rifle on the very night before the arrival of the president.  She knew that her husband worked in a building overlooking the motorcade route.  Should she have been concerned being the only person on Earth to know these details on Nov. 21 and perhaps have been in a position to stop what happened?  Maybe.  She has gotten off easy in my opinion.  Maybe it is unreasonable to suggest that she should have known that her husband was a threat to assassinate JFK but she had plenty of cause to give it some consideration.

One of the things Ruth told us last month was that the last time she saw Marina was just after Marina had bought a house in late 1964.  Ruth went over to see the house.  Ruth said that things just weren't the same during that visit between the two of them.  She said it was because of what had happened and being around each other was a sad reminder.