Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bullet mark on the manhole south side of Elm St.  (Read 9977 times)

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: Bullet mark on the manhole south side of Elm St.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 12:27:00 AM »
Advertisement
In Altgens 7 we see Officer Foster (far left) standing hi up on a small railway cabinet behind the gawkers.
There is a possibility that the hi concrete post of the barricade blocks Foster's view of the manhole on the south side of Elm St.
If so, then Foster could not have seen a bullet hit the grass near that manhole.
The hi post more likely blocks Foster's view of where say one of Hickey's 4 or 5 shots possibly hit the grass, as this was well west of the manhole. Hickey's auto burst was on a line say 13 ft north of the manhole.

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?pid=12733&fullsize=1

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 12:20:25 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 12:27:00 AM »

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 11:57:52 PM »
229  Bullet / projectile recovered near sewer cover                                           https://jfk.boards.net/
Compare:
50 The Harper Fragment
63 7.65 shell found in Dealey Plaza on 12/02/63
69 Bullet found in JFK's limousine
77 File cabinet containing, “records that appeared to be names and activities of Cuban sympathizers”
97 James Tague May 1964 Dealey plaza color film

Erasing the Past...Discussions

Dallas policeman J. W. Foster, who was positioned on top of the triple underpass, saw a bullet strike the
grass on the south side of Elm Street near a manhole cover, about 350 feet from the TSBD. He reported
this to a superior officer and was instructed to guard the area.

(Michael T. Griffith, Extra bullets and missed shots, Second Edition Revised on 4/28/2001)

Another group of pictures taken at Dealey Plaza shortly after the assassination by Jim Murray of Blackstar
Photo Service and William Allen of the Dallas Times Herald revealed another individual wearing exactly the
same kind of radio receiver in a semi-invisible earclip. In this series of photos, Deputy Sheriff Buddy
Walthers is shown looking down at a bullet while a neatly dressed blond man is reaching down to pick it up.
The unidentified blond man was wearing the plastic radio receiver clipped to his ear lobe.

https://images.findagrave.com/photos/2016/185/138955293_1467696828.jpg

The bullet was never seen again. The Warren Commission did not ask Walthers about the bullet or the
blond man with the earclip, and he did not volunteer anything about them. Walthers subsequently was
murdered, so it is safe to conclude that this bullet will remain on the long list of missing or destroyed
evidence.

(Jim Garisson, On the trail of the assassins of JFK, 1988)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/84/f2/d084f2245b0308608d3e67deb96c5feb.jpg
The elusive Robert Barrett

Mark Oakes did an excellent job researching this subject many years ago ... He makes a strong case that
the man next to Walthers was FBI agent Robert Barrett. Barret's friend, FBI agent Robert Gemberling, is
the person who helped ID Barrett.

(Jim DiEugenio, Reclaiming Parkland, p. 211)

But Barrett said it was not he (Telephone interview of Robert Barrett by author on March 5, 2004; Barrett
said he had told this to assassination researcher Dale Myers earlier).

Despite the oft-cited references to a bullet being recovered near the sewer cover, if a bullet were actually
recovered, it is difficult to believe that no record would exist. After all, the plaza was full of spectators at
the time of the alleged discovery, the story was covered by numerous reporters, and the actual event was
captured on film by two photographers. If investigators destroyed the evidence, as critics allege, how
would they know just minutes after the shooting in Dealey Plaza and before any bullet or fragments were
even recovered that they would have to get rid of a “fourth” bullet? The allegation makes no sense unless
you believe (as many critics do) that Oswald had been chosen well in advance of the shooting to be the
fall guy.

(Vincent Bugliosi, Reclaiming history)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/images/slug1.jpg

A sequence of photos show one of the men picking something up out of the grass and then putting it in
his pocket. Some researchers claim that these men were FBI or CIA agents. Walthers initially claimed a
bullet was found. However, he later changed his mind and said it was actually a piece of JFK's head.
Some researchers have suggested that it was a bullet that could not be linked to Lee Harvey Oswald
that was being placed in the agent's pocket.

(Buddy Walthers Spartacus educational)

Edna and Wayne Hartman were key witnesses to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy - witnessing
a burrow created by a missed shot that hit and raised up the turf near the curbside manhole cover on the
south side of Elm Street in Dealey Plaza.

On 11/22/63, the Hartmans had been at Mullendorf's Cafe on Main St. near Dealey Plaza when they heard
that the Presidential motorcade would soon pass by the cafe. They went outside and stood at the N.E.
corner of Main and Record to watch the motorcade, then returned to the cafe. Within minutes they heard
loud gunshots and immediately went outside and proceeded down Main St. to Dealey Plaza where they saw
generalized chaos and encountered a policeman and a small boy on the Grassy Knoll.

Edna Hartman later recalled to JFK author, Jim Marrs, "He [the policeman] pointed to some bushes near the
railroad tracks on the north side of the street and said that's where the shots came from... Then I noticed
these two parallel marks on the ground that looked like mounds made by a mole. I asked, 'What are these,
mole hills?' and the policeman said, 'Oh no, ma'am, that's where the bullets struck the ground'"

(Marrs, Crossfire, 315-16).

Amateur assassination photographer Hugh Betzner noticed "police officers and some men in plain clothes . . .
digging around in the dirt as if they were looking for a bullet" there. And professional photographers Jim Murray
and William Allen took a famous sequence of photos showing Dep. Sheriff E. R. "Buddy" Walthers (in civilian
clothes) watching as a blonde-haired man, he believed to be an FBI agent, pointed at the dug-out spot on
the ground just off Elm Street, bent over, scooped something up from the turf, then put the item in his pocket.
Shown the photos, Dallas Police Chief, Jesse Curry, said the man was an FBI agent, but he didn't know his
name. Later he said he knew his name but wouldn't divulge his name. Some have identified him as FBI Special
Agent Robert Barrett (since disproved), others as FBI Agent Kenneth "Prince" Albert (the agent has a very
strong likeness to his yearbook photos). The photographs have been widely published.

Murray also photographed the hole that was left in the turf after the scene had been cleared; this photograph
ran in the following day's Fort Worth Star-Telegram, captioned, "One of the rifle bullets fired by the murderer
of President Kennedy lies in the grass across Elm Street . . ." The Dallas Times-Herald reported in reference to
the hole in the grass, "Dallas Police Lt. J. C. Day of the crime lab estimated the distance from the sixth-floor
window . . . to the spot where one of the bullets was recovered at 100 yards."

In 1964 the Hartman's responded to an FBI request to the public for witnesses to contact them with
information. The FBI did not take their statement until July 1964 (CD 1518). Edna said when the they went
to the FBI to volunteer their detailed observations the FBI acted like their observations were not important
to the FBI or the investigation, and that it did not matter to the FBI whether the HARTMAN's made a
statement or not. Edna said the FBI dismissively told them that the bullet track was caused by "pieces of
bone from the skull of the president," but Edna said "I told them I did not believe a bone could do all of that."
And "The angle it (the bullet track) was, it could not have been from the President's skull".

The Hartman's told the FBI the hole as about 1 1/2" in diameter and the burrow as shallow, not going down
into the earth, but running just under the roots of the grass for about 18-24 inches. They described its
direction as being from the Grassy Knoll toward the south, ie: toward Main Street. (This would be
perpendicular to the direction of a missed shot had it been fired from the Texas School Book Depository.)

In 1982, Dallas Morning News reporter, Earl Golz, interviewed the Hartmans for his book writing that the
Hartman's said the bullet track was "...not in line with the shots fired from the depository building..." but
was "...aligned in the direction of the grassy knoll across the street and to the right front of the limousine."

When JFK reseacher/author, Jim Marrs, interviewed the Hartmans for his 1989 book "Crossfire" he shared
with them the content of their FBI Statements for the first time and were furious to learn that their
statements had been altered by the FBI, without their knowledge or permission to state the burrow
created by the missed shot led back in the direction of the Texas School Book Depository - something
they never said and directly opposed to the direction of the burrow they saw on 11/22/63.

In her videotaped interview with JFK researcher, Mark Oaks, in 1991, Mrs. Hartman specifically said the
direction of the furrow led back to the area "by a large tree above the Grassy Knoll," where it has long
been posited there was another assassin.

(Wayne Eldrige Hartman, Find a grave memorial)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FxK3mZTd9W8/UE94Umfq16I/AAAAAAAAAFc/aqNIB5KODns/s400/JFK+-+Buddy+Walthers+and+JW+Foster.jpg

The Hartmans, who came forward for the first time almost nine months later, both told the FBI the unrealistically
precise story that the gouge in the turf was “one and one-half inches in diameter” and the hole continued
just beneath the roots of the grass for about “18 to 24 inches.” Indeed, if we’re to believe Wayne Hartman,
right in front of the police officer, he was “able to fit three” of his fingers “into the hole.” (CD 1518, pp.42–45,
Interview of the Hartmans by FBI agents Raymond Switzer and Robert Barrett on August 7, 1964) Because
of the Hartmans’ statements, on September 18, 1964, the FBI went to the subject area of the turf with a metal
detector, but no fragments of a bullet were found (CD 1518, p.45-A).
I have not been able to find youtube etc showing whether a bullet can make a 1.5" dia hole, 18" to 24" long, in turf .
I have not been able to find youtube etc showing whether a bullet ricocheting off concrete can lift a sod of turf (eg on the edge of the manhole).
I have found youtube showing that a rifle bullet usually makes a very small gouge on concrete when hitting on a shallow angle, not as severe as the deep scar seen in the photos of the manhole.
SSA Sorrell inspected the scar on the manhole & declared that the scar was not made by a bullet.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 01:51:10 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 05:40:16 AM »
https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/carrshaw.htm

I am thinking that Carr lied -- he did not see a shot hit grass -- ie from the 6th floor east of Houston -- ie hitting grass near the manhole cover -- even if that shot was when the jfklimo was near the manhole (which would have been at about Z400).

CRIMINAL DISTRICT COURT PARISH OF ORLEANS STATE OF LOUISIANA STATE OF LOUISIANA vs. CLAY L. SHAW 198-059 1426 (30) SECTION "C" EXCERPT OF THE TESTIMONY TAKEN IN OPEN COURT February 19, 1969 B E F O R E: THE HONORABLE EDWARD A. HAGGERTY, JR., JUDGE, SECTION "C" THE COURT: Call your next witness. MR. GARRISON: Your Honor, Mr. Carr is unable to walk because of a recent accident, and we understand the Defense has no objection, if the Court will permit, to have Mr. Carr wheeled right in front of the State Counsel table. THE COURT: That's all right. He can testify from there. RICHARD RANDOLPH CARR, having been first duly sworn by the Minute Clerk, was examined and testified as follows:

Q: What kind of noise did you hear?
A: I heard a shot. There was a pause and immediately after that there were three shots in succession.
Q: Were you able to tell from where the first shot was coming?
A: No, sir, not the first one I could not tell the direction it come from.
Q: Were you able to tell from where the three shots came from which followed?
A: Yes, I was.
Q: Where did they come from?
A: They came from the -- from where I was standing at the new courthouse, they came from in this direction here, behind this picket fence,
and one knocked a bunch of grass up along in this area here (indicating), this area here is flat, looking at it from here, but the actual way it is, it is on a slope up this way and you could tell from the way it knocked it up that the bullet came from this direction (indicating).

Q: Right before hearing the three successive shots you saw a bullet hit in the middle of Dealey Plaza, right?
A: No, sir, upon hearing the three successive shots, sir, I saw one, one of those three hit in Dealey Plaza in the grass.
Q: I see. Did you ever go and look for the hole where it hit?
A: No, sir, I have not.
Q: Did you ever try to recover the pellet?
A: No, sir, I have not.
Q: Now, is it your testimony that the three, that is, the group of these three shots were equally spaced, that is, the space of time between the first and second was just about the same as that between the second and third?
A: The three shots were consecutively.
Q: I take it then that you would deny that there was one shot and then a relatively long period and then two fast shots. Is that correct?
A: Yes, I sure would.
Q: I take it -- go ahead, sir.
A: I am sorry, sir, go ahead. I said I heard one shot, there was a pause and then I heard three consecutive shots.
Q: I take it then that you would also deny that of those three successive shots, there were two rapid ones and then a relatively long period and then a third one. Is that right?
A: Yes, I would.
MR. DYMOND: That's all, sir.
FURTHER REDIRECT EXAMINATION BY MR. GARRISON:
Q: Just one more question, Mr. Carr. Would you just take your -- would you just take your time and in your own words describe with reference to the photomap the direc- tion of
that shot which you observed furrowing on through the grass, from what area to what area, could you describe that, from what point to what point?
A: The shot was fired from somewhere in here.
Q: Just a minute, sir. This is going to be written down, what do you mean by "in here," from somewhere to where?
A: From this direction in here that shot was fired.
Q: You are indicating, to begin with, the grassy knoll area by the picket fence. Is that right?
A: Yes, sir, this is the first thing that attracted by attention as I explained to you before.
Q: But the direction would have been from there to where?
A: To in this vicinity right here (indicating).
Q: Well, if you carry the line down, would you identify some building or something on the map so that we will know precisely what you mean?
A: Yes, I will say the Criminal Courts Building right here (indicating).
Q: If the shot would have continued, you mean to say --
MR. DYMOND: I object to leading the witness, Your Honor.
BY MR. GARRISON:
Q: I will rephrase the question. If the shot had continued --
A: If the shot had not hit the grass, it would have hit the Criminal Courts Building, sir.
MR. GARRISON: That's all I have.
FURTHER RECROSS EXAMINATION BY MR. DYMOND:
Q: Just a couple of questions. Mr. Carr, is it your testimony that you saw this bullet furrowing through the grass?
A: I saw the grass come up.
Q: You saw the grass come up?
A: Yes.
Q: And from that you are telling us from what direction the shot came and where it would have gone if it would have kept on going. Is that right?
A: Yes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 01:17:37 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 05:40:16 AM »

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2023, 11:47:23 PM »
After the first or second or third or ? shot, Foster jumped down from the railway cabinet & ran to the barricade (see 2nd from left in Dllard photo from Unger Gallery).
Furthest left might be Officer White walking over from his allotted position on the western barricade.

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?pid=1753&fullsize=1

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 01:12:54 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2023, 12:08:38 AM »
Motorbike Officer Brewer took his turn to guard the manhole (see Brewer crouching in top center photo).
Brewer did not mention this guarding assignment in his testimony. He was one of the i think 8 lead motorcycle riders, ahead of the motorcade.
There is no evidence of a displaced sod near the gouge (contrary to what Foster said).
See Ch13 page 197 to 208 (page 199 missing).
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=2vfVBQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

The Complete Unraveling of the JFK Assassination: A Lost Bullet's Deadly Trail
Brian T. Kelleher Kelleher & Associates Environmental Mgmt LLC, 19 Dec 2014 - 281 pages
The new evidence in this book is amazing and changes everything. Applying the skills he has honed as a court consultant for the past two decades, Author Brian Kelleher discovered that the government experts and their critics alike, completely overlooked the most important evidence in the case: the "visual shot identifiers" in the six motion pictures that were taken as the shots rang out. With one startling revelation after another, Kelleher presents irrefutable scientific/photographic proof showing exactly when the shots were fired, where they came from and which bullets hit whom. He then shows how all the wound ballistics evidence and eyewitness testimony ties in. Finally, we now know what really happened . . . and where to find the "Lost Bullet." 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 12:19:49 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2023, 12:08:38 AM »

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2023, 09:19:05 PM »
Here are the guys at the manhole either earlier or later.
Its hard to see what they are doing.
its the 3 guys on the left, not the guys on the right.
If an AR15 slug hit grass then it would have been near the end of the grass area, near the concrete paved area,
not anywhere near that entry pit itself.

Green line is line of shots. Red line is underground pipeline.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 09:43:08 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2023, 09:51:17 PM »
Here is the cabinet that Foster was standing on.
I doubt that he could see the drainage inlet pit on the south side of Elm St.
Actually, it aint the cabinet, Foster was standing on a similar cabinet, back at about where the photographer was standing.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 09:57:52 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2023, 09:51:17 PM »

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2023, 12:07:48 AM »
Here we can see the cabinet that Foster stood on.
The 2 yellow lines are Foster's view of the manhole, & his view of where Hickey's shot-2 possibly hit grass.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 12:18:41 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »