Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Lee Bowers Interview With Mark Lane  (Read 3817 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: The Lee Bowers Interview With Mark Lane
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 03:22:04 AM »
Advertisement

In my opinion, with Bowers controlling the train flow leading into and atop the Triple Underpass, I believe that standard equipment inside his Railroad Tower probably included a pair of binoculars. It's gotta be a good 150-200 yards straight line to the middle/far end of the Triple Underpass. I do Not believe someone controlling train cars running atop that Underpass could/would do it with their naked eyes. Bowers was not asked about this by the WC Attorney. I believe that whatever Bowers detailed having seen, (including his descriptions of what was going on inside the 3 cars that cruised around his Railroad Tower), was at least partially aided by binoculars.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 03:22:04 AM »

Offline Anthony Dyle

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 02:14:47 AM »

This is either from Thompson's 1966 book(meaning it was probably shot in '65 or '66) or it's from the Bowers segment in 'JFK'.  I don't have the former to hand(maybe you do) but I can check the film later.
Regardless, I think you can see how someone might have been able to dissapear from Bowers' view but actually be on the north side of the fence, even if it was just to relieve himself.

Secondly, that's not Elm St we see on the left.  How do I know?  Because that's what I've read.  I thought it was at first and part of me still does but apparently the image is decieving me and that street is further away from the fence than it looks.  Honestly, I don't know for sure but I'd like to.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 04:29:28 PM »
                                                             2 very important FACTS to bear in mind:

(1) The entire E-W section of picket fence that parallels Elm St was MOVED Down toward Elm St after 11/22/63. The picket fence having been moved needs to be considered when examining picket fence images taken After 11/22/63. Looking at that E-W section of picket fence today, makes me conservatively estimate it has been moved 3 feet down/toward Elm St.

(2) On the Pergola side of the N-S section of picket fencing, there is a clear "pathway" that runs down the entire fence. This pathway is also very deeply shadowed. A person(s) could easily be standing within this deeply shadowed path and Not be captured on film, seen by Bowers, or viewed by anyone else on 11/22/63. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 04:30:50 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 04:29:28 PM »