Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Witness Charles Brehm Setting The Record Straight  (Read 6492 times)

Offline Jarrett Smith

Re: Witness Charles Brehm Setting The Record Straight
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 03:57:03 AM »
Advertisement

JohnM

Thanks for the photo's John, another one you have JFK is laying on the autopsy table with the top of his head missing. It looks just like Dr. McClelland's drawing. No doubt that is what he saw.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 03:57:03 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 04:25:05 AM »
Thanks for the photo's John, another one you have JFK is laying on the autopsy table with the top of his head missing. It looks just like Dr. McClelland's drawing. No doubt that is what he saw.

It looks just like Dr. McClelland's drawing. No doubt that is what he saw.

Thumb1:

JohnM

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 02:42:35 PM »
a piece of jfks head fly through the air both REARWARD

Hi Fergus, where/when did Brehm make this statement?

you are seriously asking me this ? , he is on film stating this .for the record i have no problem helping a person IE if they genuinely dont know something and need directing to where they can see or find info .but if i could say one thing dan you are no novice , so i cant understand why you would not know about what brehm said on film .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 02:42:35 PM »

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 02:58:35 PM »
David Von Pein wrote:

"Since we all know that Kennedy's head was tossed violently to the rear
     (after being driven forward initially by the force of Lee Oswald's bullet
     coming from the Book Depository), then I don't see anything unusual
     or miraculous about a piece of loose brain tissue or skull bone being
     thrown to the rear of his head."     ( Link )

The quote about the debris landing at the curb near Brehm was from a 1966 video interview by Lane with Brehm (available for viewing at the link to the Von Pein page).

In "Rush to Judgment", Lane included Brehm in "The statements of eyewitnesses close to the President tended to confirm the likelihood that the shot came from the right and not from the rear." Brehm said in 1967:

"It was one critic, Mark Lane, who takes very great liberties with adding
     to my quotation. I never said that the -- any shot came from here
     like I was quoted by Mr. Lane. Mr. Lane would liked me to have
     positively identified the -- what I saw fly over here -- his skull --
     although I told him I could not -- I did not -- I thought it was but I
     could not. So he had added his interpretations to what I said, and
     consequently that's where the story come from that -- that I said
     the shots came from up there. No shot came from up there at any
     time during the whole fiasco that afternoon."

hi jerry . with all due respect mr brehms opinion of mr lane is a seperate issue to what brehm himself actually said on film .

now in regard what mr von pien said . lone nut advocates of my experience (pretty much every one of them to be fair , and its quite a few ) continually state that ALL brain , blood and gore flew forwards and upwards . to add to that they have disregarded the statement of hargis being hit in the face if you will with blood and brain , and instead assert that the 4 motorcycle officers merley drop beneath the blood and gore as it went upwards , and that in essence the blood then dropped down on them .now i am being told some thing a bit different . now i am being told if i understand correctly that blood , brain etc flew backwards , and with sufficient force that it flew quite a distance . i mean at the point of the head shot how many feet were between jfk and brehm ? . i imagine a bare minimal 20 feet .thats quite a distance .we are told again by lone nut advocates that blood and gore only went forwards and upwards , they point out blood and particles can be clearly seen on the zapruder film flying in those directions . does mr von pien have any images / stills etc showing what brehm said he saw fly rearward ? . i think its a fair question .jerry thank you for posting and posting the info that dan was looking for .

Online Fergus O'brien

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 03:21:55 PM »
Thumb1:

JohnM

"Mr. SPECTER. And what, in a general way, did you observe with respect to President Kennedy's condition?
Miss BOWRON. He was very pale, he was lying across Mrs. Kennedy's knee and there seemed to be blood everywhere. When I went around to the other side of the car I saw the condition of his head.
Mr. SPECTER. You saw the condition of his what?
Miss BOWRON. The back of his head.
Mr. SPECTER. And what was that condition?
Miss BOWRON. Well, it was very bad---you know.
Mr. SPECTER. How many holes did you see?
Miss BOWRON. I just saw one large hole.
Mr. SPECTER. Did you see a small bullet hole beneath that one large hole?
Miss BOWRON. No, sir.
Mr. SPECTER. Did you notice any other wound on the President's body?
Miss BOWRON. No, sir. "

but the back of jfks head was seen in the limo before he ever lay on his back at parkland . bethesda witnesses testified they saw such a wound also .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 03:21:55 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 04:38:09 PM »
you are seriously asking me this ? , he is on film stating this .for the record i have no problem helping a person IE if they genuinely dont know something and need directing to where they can see or find info .but if i could say one thing dan you are no novice , so i cant understand why you would not know about what brehm said on film .

Just checking whether this was the Lane interview where Brehm says "whatever it was", meaning he didn't actually know what it was.
So, was it the Lane interview you were referencing.
BTW, it is customary to cite your sources as a matter of practice, You shouldn't have to be asked at all.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 05:48:09 PM »

hi jerry . with all due respect mr brehms opinion of mr lane is a seperate issue to what brehm himself actually said on film .

In late-1966, Lane did invent a quote from Brehm saying the head shot came from the front:

"Mr. Brehm said: 'I saw the effect of the bullet upon the President's head. As the
     bullet struck his head, a portion of the President's skull was driven backward and
     to the left over the rear and left of the car indicating that the fatal shot came
     from a right front area, not from the rear, not from behind the limousine.""

That may have been among the reasons for Brehm's 1967 comments about Lane:

now in regard what mr von pien said . lone nut advocates of my experience (pretty much every one of them to be fair , and its quite a few ) continually state that ALL brain , blood and gore flew forwards and upwards . to add to that they have disregarded the statement of hargis being hit in the face if you will with blood and brain , and instead assert that the 4 motorcycle officers merley drop beneath the blood and gore as it went upwards , and that in essence the blood then dropped down on them .now i am being told some thing a bit different . now i am being told if i understand correctly that blood , brain etc flew backwards , and with sufficient force that it flew quite a distance . i mean at the point of the head shot how many feet were between jfk and brehm ? . i imagine a bare minimal 20 feet .thats quite a distance .we are told again by lone nut advocates that blood and gore only went forwards and upwards , they point out blood and particles can be clearly seen on the zapruder film flying in those directions . does mr von pien have any images / stills etc showing what brehm said he saw fly rearward ? . i think its a fair question .jerry thank you for posting and posting the info that dan was looking for .

You seem to think Brehm said a piece of debris " land[ed] at the curb where he stood". In looking back at the 1966 interview with Lane, Brehm said:

"I saw a piece fly over in the area of the curb where I was standing …
     it seemed to have come left and back … whatever it was that I saw
     did fall both in that direction and over into the curb there."

This apparently is from the same interview:

"That which appeared to be a portion of the President's skull went flying
     slightly to the rear of the President's car and directly to its left. It did fly
     over toward the curb and to the left and to the rear."

So just "slightly to the rear" (as least how Brehm perceived it; it might not have went to the rear at all) and not landing at his feet, but "over into the curb there". I think when Brehm said "over in the area of the curb where I was standing," he was trying to specify the curb was the south curb, not the north curb.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 05:48:09 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 06:55:43 PM »
In late-1966, Lane did invent a quote from Brehm saying the head shot came from the front:

"Mr. Brehm said: 'I saw the effect of the bullet upon the President's head. As the
     bullet struck his head, a portion of the President's skull was driven backward and
     to the left over the rear and left of the car indicating that the fatal shot came
     from a right front area, not from the rear, not from behind the limousine.""

That may have been among the reasons for Brehm's 1967 comments about Lane:

You seem to think Brehm said a piece of debris " land[ed] at the curb where he stood". In looking back at the 1966 interview with Lane, Brehm said:

"I saw a piece fly over in the area of the curb where I was standing …
     it seemed to have come left and back … whatever it was that I saw
     did fall both in that direction and over into the curb there."

This apparently is from the same interview:

"That which appeared to be a portion of the President's skull went flying
     slightly to the rear of the President's car and directly to its left. It did fly
     over toward the curb and to the left and to the rear."

So just "slightly to the rear" (as least how Brehm perceived it; it might not have went to the rear at all) and not landing at his feet, but "over into the curb there". I think when Brehm said "over in the area of the curb where I was standing," he was trying to specify the curb was the south curb, not the north curb.

You're focusing on "Curb". I would focus on ".....Where I was STANDING". "Curb" to me is a general location. "...Where I was STANDING" is specific.  STANDING = Land Mark