Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: LHO beating on bus door?  (Read 4661 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: LHO beating on bus door?
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 03:47:04 PM »
Advertisement
The Driver - Cecil McWatters

McWatters testified the intersection was Griffin Street. In the video he says Murphy. I looked for a Murphy Street in that area and could not find one. I think that Griffin Street is correct.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 03:47:04 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 01:06:37 PM »
Agreed, I thought that whole block had been leveled but there is definitely a structure there.
You're position of the bus is appears accurate but I'm not so sure its the intersection at Griffin Street.
Will get back on that.

I have looked at it closer now and believe that it is Lamar Street (not Griffin Street) where the bus is in the photo. It is confusing if you count the streets from Houston Street. And Griffin Street is not obvious in the Reed photo. But, in the aerial photo, when starting at Field Street, Griffin can be seen. So much for the theory, I guess my imagination played tricks on my eyes again. Thanks for the help.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 03:45:57 PM »
I do have some great news however, regarding Stuart Reed’s photos. Stephen Fagin of the Sixth Floor Museum just told me in an email that Stuart Reed III (grandson) has very recently donated twenty original slides of his grandfather’s photos of 11/22/63. Three of these photos are included in a new exhibit (Two Days in Texas) opening this week at the museum. Those three photos depict the motorcade (not the buses on Elm Street). Here is what Stephen said about the remainder of the twenty photos:

I know getting all twenty of these images accessible via our online collections database is a priority – definitely including the Elm Street image in question – but that will not be able to happen until after the anniversary.

I am so grateful for the Sixth Floor Museum and Stephen Fagin.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 03:45:57 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 05:08:14 PM »
I do have some great news however, regarding Stuart Reed’s photos. Stephen Fagin of the Sixth Floor Museum just told me in an email that Stuart Reed III (grandson) has very recently donated twenty original slides of his grandfather’s photos of 11/22/63. Three of these photos are included in a new exhibit (Two Days in Texas) opening this week at the museum. Those three photos depict the motorcade (not the buses on Elm Street). Here is what Stephen said about the remainder of the twenty photos:

I know getting all twenty of these images accessible via our online collections database is a priority – definitely including the Elm Street image in question – but that will not be able to happen until after the anniversary.

I am so grateful for the Sixth Floor Museum and Stephen Fagin.

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 05:08:41 PM by Dan O'meara »