Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: LHO beating on bus door?  (Read 4670 times)

Online Charles Collins

LHO beating on bus door?
« on: November 03, 2023, 11:57:28 PM »
Advertisement
I could use some assistance on this if anyone can help. I am looking at a photo, by Stuart Reed I think, that allegedly shows the bus that LHO reportedly boarded after he left the TSBD. It appears to be sitting in traffic at an intersection (which I think is Griffin). Here is McWatters’ testimony regarding what happened there:

Mr. BALL - Well then, do you remember picking up a passenger at a place other than at a bus stop as you went down Elm?
Mr. McWATTERS - Yes, sir.
As I left Field Street, I pulled out into the, in other words, the first lane of traffic and traffic was beginning to back up then; in other words, it was blocked further down the street, and after I pulled out in it for a short distance there I come to a complete stop, and when I did, someone come up and beat on the door of the bus, and that is about even with Griffin Street.
In other words, it is a street that dead ends into Elm Street which there is no bus stop at this street, because I stopped across Field Street in the middle of the intersection and it is just a short distance onto Griffin Street, and that is when someone, a man, came up and knocked on the door of the bus, and I opened the door of the bus and he got on.
Mr. BALL - You were beyond Field and before you got to Griffin?
Mr. McWATTERS - That is right. It was along about even with Griffin Street before I was stopped in the traffic.

And here is the photo:

I drew a blue arrow pointing to what appears to me to be LHO beating on the door of the bus. I would appreciate any help regarding this theory. Finding the best possible copy of the photo would be a good start. Thanks!

JFK Assassination Forum

LHO beating on bus door?
« on: November 03, 2023, 11:57:28 PM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: LHO beating on bus door?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 10:18:56 AM »
I didn’t find Stuart Reed listed in the index of “Pictures of the Pain” by Richard Trask. But here is a web page that appears to show the photo in question can be attributed to Stuart Reed. It also has a newspaper article at the bottom of the page that tells us a little about who Stuart Reed was.

https://tangodown63.com/reed-stuart-l-2/

I would like to verify that the intersection that the bus is at in the photo is Griffin Street. It appears to me that it is, but it would be nice to verify that. Thanks!

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 12:05:36 PM »
It’s getting more intriguing trying to find information on Reed’s photos. Here’s an image of a signed release from Reed to the FBI for the photos. Apparently Reed left Dallas before they were processed (developed).

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/16712-any-info-on-s-l-reed/page/3/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 12:05:36 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 12:27:19 PM »
I didn’t find Stuart Reed listed in the index of “Pictures of the Pain” by Richard Trask. But here is a web page that appears to show the photo in question can be attributed to Stuart Reed. It also has a newspaper article at the bottom of the page that tells us a little about who Stuart Reed was.

https://tangodown63.com/reed-stuart-l-2/

I would like to verify that the intersection that the bus is at in the photo is Griffin Street. It appears to me that it is, but it would be nice to verify that. Thanks!

Nice one Charles, but it would be good to get better quality pics if they exist.
Reed really got around that day it must be said.
I'm just glad I'm not of an extreme temperament because Reed randomly capturing the bus Oswald is supposed to be on - twice! - would have my tinfoil knickers in a twist.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 01:05:25 PM »

In the pic above "Oswald's bus" appears to be parked near a white building that is relatively low compared to the buildings behind it.
In the pic below I'm not 100% I've identified that building but I can't see any viable alternatives:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 01:05:25 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 02:19:57 PM »

In the pic above "Oswald's bus" appears to be parked near a white building that is relatively low compared to the buildings behind it.
In the pic below I'm not 100% I've identified that building but I can't see any viable alternatives:

Thanks, that helps. But judging from the unique shape of whatever that dark object is (see the blue arrow that I drew), I think the building the bus is adjacent to is one building east of the white building you indicated. That would put the bus in the vicinity of the red circle I drew. And I believe that the intersection is Griffin Street.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 02:21:58 PM by Charles Collins »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 02:31:31 PM »

Thanks, that helps. But judging from the unique shape of whatever that dark object is (see the blue arrow that I drew), I think the building the bus is adjacent to is one building east of the white building you indicated. That would put the bus in the vicinity of the red circle I drew. And I believe that the intersection is Griffin Street.

Agreed, I thought that whole block had been leveled but there is definitely a structure there.
You're position of the bus is appears accurate but I'm not so sure its the intersection at Griffin Street.
Will get back on that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 02:31:31 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 02:33:27 PM »
The Driver - Cecil McWatters