Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?  (Read 19370 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 02:26:10 PM »
Advertisement

And in the past you have claimed that CT'ers are enemies of democracy have you not?

Can we add this to the list of CT attributes?

No. Because I only said that some CTers are enemies of democracy.

Certainly, this is true. The Soviets paid for Mark Lane?s first book on the JFK conspiracy ?Rush to Judgement? back in the mid 1960?s. They arranged for certain European newspapers to publish pro conspiracy articles in 1964. Once the JFK conspiracy industry got well started, they backed off.

Is the Kremlin not to be considered an enemy of democracy?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 02:26:10 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 02:39:12 PM »

There is nothing wrong with the phrase ?Conspiracy Theorist?. It is an accurate description. One who believes in a conspiracy theory. In this case, a conspiracy to murder President Kennedy.

CTers don?t like this term because it links to other believes in a Large Secret Conspiracies that successfully keep the secret of their existence from a large segment of the population for a long period of time. Like the Believers in a worldwide Jewish Conspiracy. Or believers in the Illuminati. Or a worldwide conspiracy among the Freemasons. Or the Apollo Moon Landing Hoax.

It's not that I find the term bothersome but relatively simplistic and lacking in sophistication. Personally I would prefer the label sceptic or "WC sceptic". In contrast Lone Nut is a term that immediately defines that sides position. You all suffer from monorchism  8).

People who believe in a false theory sometimes hope to adopt the name or part of the name from the rational side. Creationists like to call themselves ?Scientific Creationists? or believers in ?Scientific Creation?. Giving themselves a label similar to the label the ones on the other side of the debate give themselves ?Scientists?.

Skeptics, or at least the bulk of Skeptics, don?t hold with any Large Secret Conspiracy that has some success with maintaining secrecy for a long period of time. Hence, the spokesmen for Skeptics, like Michael Shermer, argue against the Holocaust Deniers, the Apollo Moon Landing Hoax believers and the JFK conspiracy theorists. So, it would be misleading and confusing if CTers adopted the name ?WC sceptic?. At least until the bulk of the true skeptics adopt similar views.

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »
As we regularly see the term CT thrown about in the forum, (sometimes kook is used interchangeably by some), I wonder if the LN's cohort that resides here could agree a definition that describes their understanding of what a CT is and thinks.

Once this is agreed to the rest here can determine whether they belong to that group or not. I am going to ask non-LN's to refrain from joining this debate (this may be a forlorn hope I know).

So go to it LN's......what do CT's believe and think?

From what I have observed so far on this site is, there are no CTers here. There are a bunch of people who want to walk the fence without ever really saying which theory. Colin I have lost track of how many conspiracy theories there are now. So, which theory do you believe? But my answer for your post is, we can add "fence walkers." 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 04:37:02 PM »

From what I have observed so far on this site is, there are no CTers here. There are a bunch of people who want to walk the fence without ever really saying which theory. Colin I have lost track of how many conspiracy theories there are now. So, which theory do you believe? But my answer for your post is, we can add "fence walkers."

There is a clue in our  nickname. Wes. Its i.e.,. "conspiracy theorists." We believe there was a conspiracy but the evidence is so tainted, and the investigation by the Warren Commission was so poor,  that it is almost impossible to say who was responsible.

Just because you don't have answer to a question doesn't mean you discount it.

Do you believe in God?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
There is a clue in our  nickname. Wes. Its i.e.,. "conspiracy theorists." We believe there was a conspiracy but the evidence is so tainted, and the investigation by the Warren Commission was so poor,  that it is almost impossible to say who was responsible.

If the investigation by the WC was so poor why do you characters misrepresent it

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »
If the investigation by the WC was so poor why do you characters misrepresent it

We don't misrepresent it. We resent it.

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 06:15:56 PM »

Just because you don't have answer to a question doesn't mean you discount it.

Do you believe in God?

Whether I believe in god or not is not relevant. I agree that any evidence that is cited by CTers is tainted.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:57:36 PM by Wesley Johnson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 06:15:56 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »
We don't misrepresent it. We resent it.

'We resent it'

Exactly. That's why you misrepresent it.