Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?  (Read 19515 times)

Offline Colin Crow

A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:27:43 AM »
Advertisement
As we regularly see the term CT thrown about in the forum, (sometimes kook is used interchangeably by some), I wonder if the LN's cohort that resides here could agree a definition that describes their understanding of what a CT is and thinks.

Once this is agreed to the rest here can determine whether they belong to that group or not. I am going to ask non-LN's to refrain from joining this debate (this may be a forlorn hope I know).

So go to it LN's......what do CT's believe and think?

JFK Assassination Forum

A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:27:43 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 02:23:58 AM »
As we regularly see the term CT thrown about in the forum, (sometimes kook is used interchangeably by some), I wonder if the LN's cohort that resides here could agree a definition that describes their understanding of what a CT is and thinks.

Once this is agreed to the rest here can determine whether they belong to that group or not. I am going to ask non-LN's to refrain from joining this debate (this may be a forlorn hope I know).

So go to it LN's......what do CT's believe and think?

Colin, For me, CT is a blanket term that I apply to those who refuse to accept that Oswald was the only shooter in Dealey Plaza on Nov 22, 1963. Being short for "Conspiracy Theorist", it is not a literally accurate description of most non-lonenutters, since most of you guys don't have a specific theory on who carried out the assassination. If you find the term bothersome, I could just refer to you as a Buff. Would you prefer that? I believe that Bob Harris hates it. Of course, he thinks nothing of calling us LNs "Nutters".
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:25:37 AM by Tim Nickerson »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:59:22 AM »
Colin, For me, CT is a blanket term that I apply to those who refuse to accept that Oswald was the only shooter in Dealey Plaza on Nov 22, 1963. Being short for "Conspiracy Theorist", it is not a literally accurate description of most non-lonenutters, since most of you guys don't have a specific theory on who carried out the assassination. If you find the term bothersome, I could just refer to you as a Buff. Would you prefer that? I believe that Bob Harris hates it. Of course, he thinks nothing of calling us LNs "Nutters".

Thanks for your reply Tim. So that someone who believed Oswald was the shooter but his actions were not undertaken without the knowledge and assistance of others would not be a CT?

It's not that I find the term bothersome but relatively simplistic and lacking in sophistication. Personally I would prefer the label sceptic or "WC sceptic". In contrast Lone Nut is a term that immediately defines that sides position. You all suffer from monorchism  8).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:14:02 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:59:22 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:50:18 AM »
Thanks for your reply Tim. So that someone who believed Oswald was the shooter but his actions were not undertaken without the knowledge and assistance of others would not be a CT?

It's not that I find the term bothersome but relatively simplistic and lacking in sophistication. Personally I would prefer the label sceptic or "WC sceptic". In contrast Lone Nut is a term that immediately defines that sides position. You all suffer from monarchism  8).

'Conspiracy theorist'

simplistic and lacking in sophistication
> Thus, a perfect fit

You all suffer from monarchism
> Yeah, sure. And we're all lemmings according to Iacoletti. Well, I sure hope the Reptilians amongst us don't develop a taste for lemming flesh anytime soon.

:(

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:18:17 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »
'Conspiracy theorist'

simplistic and lacking in sophistication
> Thus, a perfect fit

You all suffer from monarchism
> Yeah, sure. And we're all lemmings according to Iacoletti. Well, I sure hope the Reptilians amongst us don't develop a taste for lemming flesh anytime soon.

:(

Sorry Bill, spell suggester decided to change monorchism to monarchism and I didn?t notice. Apparently Hitler was a LN too.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:39:42 PM »

Specifically, CTer, here, means someone who believes that there was a successful conspiracy to murder President Kennedy.

In general, CTer means someone who believes in any large conspiracy that successfully kept a secret for a long time, however unlikely this would be. Examples are:

** A worldwide Jewish conspiracy to do evil things to non-Jewish races.

** illuminati

** Freemason?s

** Apollo Moon Landing Hoax

** UFO coverup

A sign of such a conspiracy theory is if the proponents do not provide a list of all the people involved because the list would be too large and make it too obvious that they believe in a large conspiracy.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »

It's not that I find the term bothersome but relatively simplistic and lacking in sophistication. Personally I would prefer the label sceptic or "WC sceptic". In contrast Lone Nut is a term that immediately defines that sides position. You all suffer from monorchism  8).

Terms like ?WC sceptic? or ?Holocaust sceptic? or ?Evolutionary Theory sceptic? are misleading because they imply support from the true skeptics, like Michael Shermer. In reality, most skeptics argue against large successful conspiracy theories.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »

Sorry Bill, spell suggester decided to change  to monarchism and I didn?t notice. Apparently Hitler was a LN too.

So now we LNers are facsists with a missing testicle. Good one.

;)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:09:47 PM by Bill Chapman »