Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Wesley Johnson

Re: A Topic for LN's: What is a CT?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As we regularly see the term CT thrown about in the forum, (sometimes kook is used interchangeably by some), I wonder if the LN's cohort that resides here could agree a definition that describes their understanding of what a CT is and thinks.

Once this is agreed to the rest here can determine whether they belong to that group or not. I am going to ask non-LN's to refrain from joining this debate (this may be a forlorn hope I know).

So go to it LN's......what do CT's believe and think?

From what I have observed so far on this site is, there are no CTers here. There are a bunch of people who want to walk the fence without ever really saying which theory. Colin I have lost track of how many conspiracy theories there are now. So, which theory do you believe? But my answer for your post is, we can add "fence walkers." 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »

Online Ray Mitcham

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 04:37:02 PM »

From what I have observed so far on this site is, there are no CTers here. There are a bunch of people who want to walk the fence without ever really saying which theory. Colin I have lost track of how many conspiracy theories there are now. So, which theory do you believe? But my answer for your post is, we can add "fence walkers."

There is a clue in our  nickname. Wes. Its i.e.,. "conspiracy theorists." We believe there was a conspiracy but the evidence is so tainted, and the investigation by the Warren Commission was so poor,  that it is almost impossible to say who was responsible.

Just because you don't have answer to a question doesn't mean you discount it.

Do you believe in God?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
There is a clue in our  nickname. Wes. Its i.e.,. "conspiracy theorists." We believe there was a conspiracy but the evidence is so tainted, and the investigation by the Warren Commission was so poor,  that it is almost impossible to say who was responsible.

If the investigation by the WC was so poor why do you characters misrepresent it

Online Ray Mitcham

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »
If the investigation by the WC was so poor why do you characters misrepresent it

We don't misrepresent it. We resent it.

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 06:15:56 PM »

Just because you don't have answer to a question doesn't mean you discount it.

Do you believe in God?

Whether I believe in god or not is not relevant. I agree that any evidence that is cited by CTers is tainted.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:57:36 PM by Wesley Johnson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 06:15:56 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »
We don't misrepresent it. We resent it.

'We resent it'

Exactly. That's why you misrepresent it.

Offline James Hess

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »
I think we are finally getting somewhere. But still a long way from getting a bare pass mark I’m afraid. The effort so far is extremely disappointing given I am seeing the term CT'ers being thrown around with gay abandon in other threads still. You wish to categorise someone or a group but are unable to define them? Just seems like a derogatory term to me. A bit like a racist or religious taunt.

Simplistic and unsophisticated, haven’t changed my view. Then again you have had your explanation of events provided for you after all.

Seems to me like when challenged to "put up" you "shut up".
Maybe a sound spanking of those scalawags is in order?
You know the ...."WC Defenders"
Will your next (excellent) thread be about "lumping people together"?
 :o

Online Colin Crow

• Beware of Geeks bearing gifs.
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »
Maybe a sound spanking of those scalawags is in order?
You know the ...."WC Defenders"
Will your next (excellent) thread be about "lumping people together"?
 :o

Perhaps I am not making myself clear. I have no problem with WC Defender instead of LN because apart from some disagreement about Oswald’s motive those who align with the findings of the WC are consistent in their belief. The events happened in a particular way and no other. I am seeing CT used here as a term that is undefined and therefore interpreted differently depending on the members view. What a CT is becomes more like beauty, dependant on the mind of the beholder.

Personally I don’t have a theory that explains the events at this stage. However from what I have read and interpreted I am sceptical about the WC version. I do believe man landed on the moon, that Bigfoot does not exist, that creationism is merely a religious belief and that evolution is scientifically based. I do not believe in the illuminati or conspiracies involving the Freemasons, New Word Order, Skull and Crossbones, that climate change is real.....

I am a sceptic.....someone who is trained to be....that’s how scientific method works.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:14:27 PM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 01:52:27 AM »

Perhaps I am not making myself clear. I have no problem with WC Defender instead of LN because apart from some disagreement about Oswald’s motive those who align with the findings of the WC are consistent in their belief. The events happened in a particular way and no other. I am seeing CT used here as a term that is undefined and therefore interpreted differently depending on the members view. What a CT is becomes more like beauty, dependant on the mind of the beholder.

Personally I don’t have a theory that explains the events at this stage. However from what I have read and interpreted I am sceptical about the WC version. I do believe man landed on the moon, that Bigfoot does not exist, that creationism is merely a religious belief and that evolution is scientifically based. I do not believe in the illuminati or conspiracies involving the Freemasons, New Word Order, Skull and Crossbones, that climate change is real.....

I am a sceptic.....someone who is trained to be....that’s how scientific method works.

Good. But it is common for CTers (in regard to the JFK assassination) to be CTers in other fields.

** James Fetzer - the leading spokesman for the “Zapruder film was faked” (at least until he made his anti-Semitism public) also believes in a multi generation world-wide Jewish conspiracy and has become essentially a Holocaust Denier. Also, a proponent of other Large Secret Conspiracies that have remained hidden, like the U. S. Government planning of the 9/11 attacks. And also, behind an attack on an Elementary school.

** Jim Marrs – whose book was used as a basis for the movie JFK was also a believer in UFOs and the U. S. Government’s conspiracy to hide the truth about UFOs. Indeed, I would suppose he believed that many or most of the world’s governments were involved in this conspiracy.

** Mark Lane – a leading CTer over the decades who also argued the U. S. Government was behind the Jonestown tragedy. I think he carried more responsibility for this than the U. S. Government although it was Jones’s own paranoia that was mostly to blame. But Lane did a lot to feed this paranoia.

** Michael T. Griffith – CTers go to authority on arguing against the Neurological Spasm Theory for explaining how JFK’s head could move backwards after z314 due to a shot from the front. And Griffith became this authority by checking with doctors, without telling them of the existence of films showing goats being shot in the brain, until he found a doctor who thought such a theory must be false. I be curious to know if the doctor would have thought so if Griffith was honest with him and showed him this film.

In any case, Griffith also believes in Scientific Creationism and that the Theory of Evolution is false. He also argues that the North was wrong to fight the Civil War and that the Confederacy was right to secede from the Union and it was wrong for the North to prevent this.

While none of this (necessarily) shows a belief in large conspiracies, it does show evidence of wacky thinking by Mr. Griffith.

Also, we have posters at this forum who hold Pro CT believes and a belief in other large secret conspiracies. I know of no LN on this forum, or a major LN spokesman, who does.

In any case, there does seem to be a strong correlation between people believing in the JFK conspiracy and also believing in other large secret conspiracies. Not all CTers are like this, but a lot are, including major spokesmen for the CT case. This is to be expected. If one shows a tendency to believe in one large secret conspiracy, one is probably more susceptible to a belief in others.

And so, believers in any large secret conspiracy theory, whether it is on the JFK assassination, or UFO’s, or Holocaust Denial or whatever, should not refer to themselves as “Skeptics”, of any sort. Any more than believers in Creationism should refer to themselves as Scientific Creationists.

Online Colin Crow

• Beware of Geeks bearing gifs.
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 10:29:29 AM »
You like to refer to Michael Shermer a lot......

"Shermer was once a fundamentalist Christian, but ceased to believe in the existence of God during his graduate studies. He accepts the labels agnostic,[5] nontheist,[6][7] atheist and others.[8][9][10] He has expressed reservations about such labels for his lack of belief in a God, however, as he sees them being used in the service of "pigeonholing", and prefers to simply be called a skeptic."

From Wiki......

How ironic.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 10:29:29 AM »