Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Yet Another Cop With No Hat?  (Read 6183 times)

Offline Steve Barber

Re: Yet Another Cop With No Hat?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2023, 11:16:11 PM »
Advertisement
I think they are discussing the small figure emerging from below Marilyn's right shoulder for a few frames moving towards frame left.

Thanks James.   I'll remove my comment.   Thanks also for pointing out what they're talking about.  I looked at my clearest print of the Darnell footage--which this snippet comes from--and the man in the background is an elderly gentleman with salt and pepper looking grey hair.  Defintely not a cop in uniform.   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 11:21:40 PM by Steve Barber »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2023, 11:16:11 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 03:14:38 AM »
  Thanks James.   I'll remove my comment.   Thanks also for pointing out what they're talking about.  I looked at my clearest print of the Darnell footage--which this snippet comes from--and the man in the background is an elderly gentleman with salt and pepper looking grey hair.  Defintely not a cop in uniform.

I haven't seen anyone claiming that this is a legit "cop in uniform". The suspicion is that this "No Hat Cop" is a phony and meets the description of the "No Hat Cop" that Gordon Arnold described on "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" back in 1988. Arnold claimed way back in 1988 that he filmed the Kill Shot and that a "No Hat Dallas Cop" immediately assaulted him and took the film from his camera. This claim by Arnold has been derided ever since. That is, until the recently improved detail in the Darnell film currently posted on You Tube revealed this "No Hat Cop" behind Sitzman. Would you be so kind as to post your "clearest print of the Darnell footage" so this Forum can decide whether this really is, "an elderly gentleman with salt and pepper looking grey hair"? 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 03:45:38 AM by Royell Storing »

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2023, 08:04:46 AM »
Roscoe White was new in DPD and was off duty that day so he was not wearing his uniform. I believe he reported to DPD shortly after 12:30 and was waiting for instructions. I cannot search for names right now but one of the detectives stated that after 2:00PM he took Roscoe and several other oficers and they went to search Ruth Paine house where they found a blanket and LHO back yard photos. I believe Roscoe stole one of the photos which explains how his wife had it later.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2023, 08:04:46 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2023, 10:31:10 PM »
If that's a badge, it moves up the shirt as the man walks along.

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2023, 11:35:45 PM »
Bill - If you are referring to the man on the Darnell snippet, I see what you are referring to as a "badge"/tin star to be situated on the top or side of his shoulder. A "badge"/tin star would generally be somewhere on the chest. As I have said previously, viewing this Darnell snippet is better appreciated via still frame. Out of everything we are seeing of this guy, there is 1 Frame that gives us a decent view of this man. It is only the ever increasing definition of the Darnell Film that has recently permitted this guy to be spotted by the masses.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2023, 11:35:45 PM »

Offline Robert Reeves

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2023, 07:17:40 PM »
no hat cop?

Offline Robert Reeves

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2023, 07:24:34 PM »
Talking of cops. I had a copy of a photograph showing a cop at the bottom of the steps. I can't remember now if he's wearing a hat or not. But he was definitely wearing glasses. A colour photograph. There is a crowd of people near by from what I can remember. I cannot find it anywhere in Gallery. I had a copy on my hard drive but it's crashed!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2023, 07:24:34 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2023, 10:30:10 PM »