Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Yet Another Shooter??  (Read 16641 times)

Offline Royell Storing

Re: Yet Another Shooter??
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2023, 01:56:04 AM »
Advertisement
"A closer look appears to reveal someone carrying a rifle in the seconds after the assassination:"

I guess I'm not following.   What exactly is the point?

The point is, how is it that this individual is perched so high atop the picket fence? There has to be something situated right next to the picket fence in this area. To this day, there's little known as to what was in the area between the picket fence and the short wall that leads down to the Black Dog Man Nook. We still do not even have a good fix on where the Bench was sitting.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 01:57:03 AM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2023, 01:56:04 AM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2023, 04:53:04 AM »
Hi Gerry,
Most likely this person is standing on either a step or the shelter’s south entrance steps abutment, which currently stands 22.4” above the concrete pavement. The abutment top surface is approximately 3’x1’. My background photo was taken near where the couple’s bench was located.

Well spotted. That could very well be what this person is standing on. For a second I thought maybe this might have been the male of the fleeing black couple.

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2023, 06:26:03 AM »
Here's one for the Tinfoil Brigade that I don't think has been spotted before.
I was looking through some Towner pics when I noticed the character circled in red:

A closer look appears to reveal someone carrying a rifle in the seconds after the assassination:

Go figure.

The sharp pointed pickets you see to this guy's left are the VERY TOP of the picket fence. This puts the very top of the picket fence at just above his knees.  This is how highly elevated above the picket fence he actually is. Standing on the steps or the abutement would not put anyone close to this high off the ground. As you can see, that short wall which runs down into the Black Dog Man Nook is even far taller than the shelter concrete floor/the very top step/abutement. The Uncropped version of Towner 3 clearly shows the height disparity between: (1) the guy on the fence, (2) the shelter concrete floor/top step, and (3) the short wall. That guy on the picket fence is towering well above the shelter floor/top step & the short wall. He is standing atop something that is alongside or leaning against the picket fence. Maybe he is standing atop one of those dirt piles that was mentioned by Gordon Arnold in his Sixth Floor Interview?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 06:41:52 AM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2023, 06:26:03 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 08:01:26 AM »
"A closer look appears to reveal someone carrying a rifle in the seconds after the assassination:"

I guess I'm not following.   What exactly is the point?

Don't you agree, it kinda looks like someone holding a rifle?

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 01:31:59 PM »
This is way, way after the shooting. It's just someone running around, that's all. You can even see the charter bus in the underpass. Do you really think the killers would have been lurking around with guns like this? Ridiculous. All these had to do is stick their gun out, shoot, and disappear and let them pandemonium begin.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 01:31:59 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2023, 04:09:46 PM »
This is way, way after the shooting. It's just someone running around, that's all. You can even see the charter bus in the underpass. Do you really think the killers would have been lurking around with guns like this? Ridiculous. All these had to do is stick their gun out, shoot, and disappear and let them pandemonium begin.

I do Not believe this guy on the fence has a rifle or was a shooter. Josiah Thompson has speculated that a shooter following the assassination could have been hidden inside a car trunk, and then later driven out of Dealey Plaza. This would therefore warrant spotter(s)/lookout(s) remaining behind to handle crowd control and keep the focus away from the car with a possible shooter in the trunk. The No Hat Cop as seen on the Darnell Film would fall into this category. Basically, keeping people away from the car and ALL the attention focused on the TSBD. My issue with that guy/kid on the fence is exactly what is he standing atop to raise him so high above the picket fence? The alleged No Hat Cop that confronted Gordon Arnold and took his film was quickly on Gordon Arnold immediately following the kill shot. That No Hat Cop could have occupied whatever this guy/kid is standing atop on the Towner 3 Slide. This issue is 1 of many things that makes the Gordon Arnold Sixth Floor Interview extremely interesting. During this interview, Arnold offhandedly referenced his filming view being obstructed by the Stemmons Sign and therefore forcing him to take a high ground position atop a dirt pile/hill. Arnold added that dirt was being moved around there in the area between the picket fence and the short wall. Like Arnold, The Bench as revealed on the Darnell Film is also on higher ground vs the area immediately around it. So we got Arnold and The Bench possibly being atop dirt "that was being moved around". How about another dirt pile/hill also being the explanation for the guy/kid's elevated position on the Towner 3 Slide?   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 04:13:24 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2023, 06:40:24 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2023, 06:40:24 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2023, 07:33:20 PM »
  That overhead view of the spacious dirt area leading to The Steps, makes it easy to understand how Gordon Arnold was not visible in the Moorman pic.   
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 03:58:32 PM by Royell Storing »