Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Josiah Thompson - Who Was the Umbrella Man?  (Read 21941 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Josiah Thompson - Who Was the Umbrella Man?
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 09:23:33 AM »
Advertisement
    The assumption above is that this Wiegman still frame was shot only seconds after the Kill Shot. The Wiegman Film for over 30 years was ballyhoo'd as being filmed "continuously". This "continuous" claim was eventually was proven to be BOGUS. The reason this still frame was pushed as being shot just seconds after the Kill Shot, was due to the JFK Limo or Queen Mary being captured going under the Triple Underpass. Any timeline of more than a few seconds after the Kill Shot would then bolster the JFK Limo Stop issue.

What are you talking about when you say "the Limo Stop issue".
There is film footage of the limo as it passes down Elm Street. There are multiple films.
The limo slows down drastically before the head shot but it doesn't stop. The recollections of some witnesses, that the limo momentarily stopped, is refuted by actual film footage of the event.
It is only an "issue" in the minds of those who like to make things a little more fanciful than they need be.

The Weigman clip above is taken no more than 6 seconds after the head shot. We know this is the case by examining the Z-film.
All I was saying was that, even though it doesn't necessarily mean anything, both the UM and the DCM are sat down within this time frame. It's as if the second JFK was hit in the head they both rushed to sit down.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 09:23:33 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2023, 05:45:42 PM »
What are you talking about when you say "the Limo Stop issue".
There is film footage of the limo as it passes down Elm Street. There are multiple films.
The limo slows down drastically before the head shot but it doesn't stop. The recollections of some witnesses, that the limo momentarily stopped, is refuted by actual film footage of the event.
It is only an "issue" in the minds of those who like to make things a little more fanciful than they need be.

The Weigman clip above is taken no more than 6 seconds after the head shot. We know this is the case by examining the Z-film.
All I was saying was that, even though it doesn't necessarily mean anything, both the UM and the DCM are sat down within this time frame. It's as if the second JFK was hit in the head they both rushed to sit down.

Again, how can you have any confidence in the Wiegman Film when it was FALSELY promoted as being filmed "continuously" for over 30 years? Wiegman claimed to have seen SA Lem Johns somewhere UP the knoll, ("Pictures Of The Pain"/Trask), yet we do Not see SA Johns anywhere on this film. Where did he go? Cutting room floor? Plus, the film is proffered as being "continuous" for over 30 years running and Wiegman is still alive during this 30 yr period and he says absolutely nothing to refute this Bogus Claim? This 30yr+ "continuous" claim was done to reinforce the elapsed time following the Kill Shot. And remember, back in 1963, KODAK had a choke hold on the entire film developing industry.     
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 05:46:52 PM by Royell Storing »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2023, 12:30:25 AM »
   Again, how can you have any confidence in the Wiegman Film when it was FALSELY promoted as being filmed "continuously" for over 30 years? Wiegman claimed to have seen SA Lem Johns somewhere UP the knoll, ("Pictures Of The Pain"/Trask), yet we do Not see SA Johns anywhere on this film. Where did he go? Cutting room floor? Plus, the film is proffered as being "continuous" for over 30 years running and Wiegman is still alive during this 30 yr period and he says absolutely nothing to refute this Bogus Claim? This 30yr+ "continuous" claim was done to reinforce the elapsed time following the Kill Shot. And remember, back in 1963, KODAK had a choke hold on the entire film developing industry.     

This 30yr+ "continuous" claim was done to reinforce the elapsed time following the Kill Shot

So, you seem to be claiming that the limo came to a full stop and that the Z-film was altered in order to "delete" this event from the film record?
Below is a stabilised version of the Nix film.
Please explain how the movement of Hill and the motorcycles alongside the follow-up car have also been altered to disguise the stop.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2023, 12:30:25 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2023, 01:11:08 AM »
This 30yr+ "continuous" claim was done to reinforce the elapsed time following the Kill Shot

So, you seem to be claiming that the limo came to a full stop and that the Z-film was altered in order to "delete" this event from the film record?
Below is a stabilised version of the Nix film.
Please explain how the movement of Hill and the motorcycles alongside the follow-up car have also been altered to disguise the stop.

I'm not claiming there was a Limo Stop. What I am doing is watching you trying to dance around WHY the Wiegman film could be heralded as being filmed "continuously" for over 30 yrs. There's a reason for a blatant lie such as this standing for this extended period of time. All anybody has to do is actually watch the entire film to know this "continuous" stuff is pure baloney. Nobody can base any timelines onna film with the track record of the Wiegman Film. Yet, here we got Gary Mack parading Wiegman around in "Unsolved History", (40 yrs later) like Wiegman walks on water. This in the face of Wiegman being alive and failing to correct this lie during its' entire 30yr+ run. Once again, the JFK Research Community does nothing but embarrass itself.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2023, 01:30:07 AM »
  I'm not claiming there was a Limo Stop. What I am doing is watching you trying to dance around WHY the Wiegman film could be heralded as being filmed "continuously" for over 30 yrs. There's a reason for a blatant lie such as this standing for this extended period of time. All anybody has to do is actually watch the entire film to know this "continuous" stuff is pure baloney. Nobody can base any timelines onna film with the track record of the Wiegman Film. Yet, here we got Gary Mack parading Wiegman around in "Unsolved History", (40 yrs later) like Wiegman walks on water. This in the face of Wiegman being alive and failing to correct this lie during its' entire 30yr+ run. Once again, the JFK Research Community does nothing but embarrass itself.

I'm not dancing around anything.
I am completely unaware of the unsupported claims you are making that the Weigman film was "heralded as being filmed "continuously" for over 30 yrs" and that this has been proved to be bogus.
I am unaware as to how this claim affects the fact that Weigman does capture the limo before it reaches the underpass, which we know is less than 6 seconds after the head shot as this is filmed by Zapruder.
Also, in the Mark Bell film, around 10 seconds after he films the limo reaching the underpass he pans to the right and captures Weigman already in position filming the Hesters as is seen in his footage.
3 different films interlocking and confirming the timings of each other.
What, exactly, is the problem?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2023, 01:30:07 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2023, 03:28:57 AM »
I'm not dancing around anything.
I am completely unaware of the unsupported claims you are making that the Weigman film was "heralded as being filmed "continuously" for over 30 yrs" and that this has been proved to be bogus.
I am unaware as to how this claim affects the fact that Weigman does capture the limo before it reaches the underpass, which we know is less than 6 seconds after the head shot as this is filmed by Zapruder.
Also, in the Mark Bell film, around 10 seconds after he films the limo reaching the underpass he pans to the right and captures Weigman already in position filming the Hesters as is seen in his footage.
3 different films interlocking and confirming the timings of each other.
What, exactly, is the problem?

Your admittedly being unaware of the history of the Wiegman Film immediately DQ's you from further discussing anything connected to it. Do your homework. Bone-up on the Wiegman Film. Gary Mack himself issued a Mea Culpa with regard to his furthering the Wiegman "continuous" issue. This is a major problem when discussing anything connected to the JFK Assassination. People are trumpeting uneducated positions/opinions. We currently have a couple of generations getting up-to-speed on exactly what has gone down  over the last 60 yrs with regard to the assassination of JFK. People such as yourself need to slow your roll and instead  further your knowledge on this subject. All you are accidentally doing is poisoning the well of these current generations that are looking for JFK Assassination FACTS.
      People such as yourself take for granted that is Wiegman on the Bell Film due to the guy wearing a hat. Neither Zapruder or Wiegman ever verified seeing each other immediately following the assassination, yet the Bell Film shows these alleged 2 individuals almost close enough to shake hands. It is this reckless manner of ID'ing people on assassination films/images which has led to the ongoing state of JFK Assassination confusion. And while we are on the subject of assigning valid ID's to eyewitnesses of the assassination, Emmitt Hudson is the only person to ever ID Emmitt Hudson as standing/sitting on The Steps. The ID of Hudson should be treated just like the ID of Bev Oliver = Babushka Woman. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 03:32:34 AM by Royell Storing »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2023, 09:43:16 AM »
     Your admittedly being unaware of the history of the Wiegman Film immediately DQ's you from further discussing anything connected to it. Do your homework. Bone-up on the Wiegman Film. Gary Mack himself issued a Mea Culpa with regard to his furthering the Wiegman "continuous" issue. This is a major problem when discussing anything connected to the JFK Assassination. People are trumpeting uneducated positions/opinions. We currently have a couple of generations getting up-to-speed on exactly what has gone down  over the last 60 yrs with regard to the assassination of JFK. People such as yourself need to slow your roll and instead  further your knowledge on this subject. All you are accidentally doing is poisoning the well of these current generations that are looking for JFK Assassination FACTS.
      People such as yourself take for granted that is Wiegman on the Bell Film due to the guy wearing a hat. Neither Zapruder or Wiegman ever verified seeing each other immediately following the assassination, yet the Bell Film shows these alleged 2 individuals almost close enough to shake hands. It is this reckless manner of ID'ing people on assassination films/images which has led to the ongoing state of JFK Assassination confusion. And while we are on the subject of assigning valid ID's to eyewitnesses of the assassination, Emmitt Hudson is the only person to ever ID Emmitt Hudson as standing/sitting on The Steps. The ID of Hudson should be treated just like the ID of Bev Oliver = Babushka Woman.

Do your homework

I don't need to do my "homework", Royell, as you are going to do it for me.
You are the one making unsubstantiated claims, not me.
You can cite exactly where you are getting your claim from that the Weigman film was heralded as being "continuous".
You can also cite exactly where this unsubstantiated claim has been proven wrong.
In fact, you can reproduce the passage from where you are getting this unsubstantiated claim from.
That's how things work around here, Royell - you, obviously haven't noticed.
Until you produce support for your claims they will be treated exactly for what they are - unsubstantiated, unfounded, baseless.

People are trumpeting uneducated positions/opinions.

As I am DQ'd from talking about what I see with my own eyes, according to you, maybe you can clarify a couple of things.

1) Is the Presidential limo shown in Weigman before it reaches the underpass?
2) Do you agree this is less than 6 seconds after the head shot, something we know from watching the Z-film?

I'd like you to answer these questions as I will be pressing for an answer.

People such as yourself take for granted that is Wiegman on the Bell Film due to the guy wearing a hat.

And people such as yourself like to go on about how clued up you are about this case and then make comments such as this which reveal a weak grasp of the evidence.
After leaving his vehicle, Weigman races towards the pergola and takes up a position where he films the Hesters lying on the grass. It's quite famous footage. The way to identify Weigman in Bell is not by his hat [ ::)] but by his position as he films the Hesters:

The pic above is taken approximately 10 seconds after Bell has filmed the limo reaching the underpass.

3) Do you agree the Bell pic above shows Weigman in position, filming the Hesters?

Neither Zapruder or Wiegman ever verified seeing each other immediately following the assassination, yet the Bell Film shows these alleged 2 individuals almost close enough to shake hands

This is such a ridiculous point to make it's hard to know whether you are serious or not. I've been around long enough to know that this kind of statement reveals someone who is so desperate to make a point they will say almost anything.

Emmitt Hudson is the only person to ever ID Emmitt Hudson as standing/sitting on The Steps. The ID of Hudson should be treated just like the ID of Bev Oliver = Babushka Woman

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about Hudson which is irrelevant as far as this discussion is concerned.
Who ID'd Malcolm Summers other than Malcolm Summers? Who ID'd A J Millican other than A J Millican? And I would be willing to bet there are dozens more witnesses at Dealey Plaza who are ID'd only by themselves.
Again, I've been around long enough to know you have some half-baked theory involving Hudson which is why you keep picking out his self-identification as something unusual while ignoring the many others this also applies to.

You talk as if you are some kind of font of wisdom regarding this case.
So let's see what you've got.

1) Is the Presidential limo shown in Weigman before it reaches the underpass?
2) Do you agree this is less than 6 seconds after the head shot, something we know from watching the Z-film?
3) Do you agree the Bell pic above shows Weigman in position, filming the Hesters?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2023, 09:43:16 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2023, 10:08:36 AM »
This is an excellent video synchronising various assassination films.
There is no need to look beyond the Zavada Report regarding the authenticity of the Z-film, but works like this demonstrate how the various films are interlocked. By itself it demolishes any notion of alteration.