Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What Booth Said After He Killed Lincoln  (Read 12506 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: What Booth Said After He Killed Lincoln
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 04:28:29 PM »
Advertisement
Of course Booth killed Lincoln.  That is the point.  If the same standard of proof were applied to that case as in the JFK context, however, there would be "doubt."  No one can show that Booth pulled the trigger.  No one can link Booth to the murder weapon.  No one can link the bullet to the gun found at the scene.  No one knows for sure who found the gun (chain of custody).  Some witness were off as to description of Booth.  He "worked" in the theatre.  So his presence is not evidence of guilt.  No one can know his motive with certainty.  There can only be "speculation" and "assumptions."  And on and on.  The point is that the standard applied by CTers to Oswald is absurd.

With all due respect, you’re full of BS on this  :D

There’s no doubt about Booth’s motive and his co-conspirators were caught.

In contrast, we can only speculate about Oswald’s motive and/or whether or not there was a conspiracy. There’s not enough hard evidence to resolve all the remaining questions about the JFK assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 04:28:29 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 08:21:02 PM »
With all due respect, you’re full of BS on this  :D

There’s no doubt about Booth’s motive and his co-conspirators were caught.

In contrast, we can only speculate about Oswald’s motive and/or whether or not there was a conspiracy. There’s not enough hard evidence to resolve all the remaining questions about the JFK assassination.

That's because you are not understanding the point. I'm not arguing that there is any doubt of Booth's guilt or motive.  He did it.  He hated Lincoln etc.  There is no doubt about it.  What I trying to demonstrate is that if you apply the looney standards CTers apply to Oswald in the JFK case to Booth's situation or to any fact in human history, you could claim there was doubt.  The irony is that CTers appear to agree that Booth is guilty of assassinating Lincoln based on the evidence in that case.  But, for some inexplicable reason, can't grasp that there is as much or even more evidence that links Oswald to the JFK assassination.  It's humorous.  I've rebutted all your evidence of Booth's guilt using the CTer JFK standards.  As a result, if I were a loon, I could claim that there is doubt even though we know he was guilty. 

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 01:08:31 AM »
That's because you are not understanding the point. I'm not arguing that there is any doubt of Booth's guilt or motive.  He did it.  He hated Lincoln etc.  There is no doubt about it.  What I trying to demonstrate is that if you apply the looney standards CTers apply to Oswald in the JFK case to Booth's situation or to any fact in human history, you could claim there was doubt.  The irony is that CTers appear to agree that Booth is guilty of assassinating Lincoln based on the evidence in that case.  But, for some inexplicable reason, can't grasp that there is as much or even more evidence that links Oswald to the JFK assassination.  It's humorous.  I've rebutted all your evidence of Booth's guilt using the CTer JFK standards.  As a result, if I were a loon, I could claim that there is doubt even though we know he was guilty.

The standards of evidence in the JFK assassination are the same as any other murder case.

What you refuse to acknowledge or accept is that there are one  too many problems with evidence and witness statements in the Kennedy assassination. Most people understandably aren’t satisfied with the conclusion that Oswald acted alone due to the conflicts with the evidence and unresolved questions.

I personally don’t consider myself a “Conspiracy Theorist”. I’m skeptical of most conspiracy theories. But at the same time, I acknowledge that conspiracies do happen and based on the evidence in the Kennedy assassination, I believe it’s plausible that others were involved.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 01:08:31 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 03:46:08 PM »
The standards of evidence in the JFK assassination are the same as any other murder case.

What you refuse to acknowledge or accept is that there are one  too many problems with evidence and witness statements in the Kennedy assassination. Most people understandably aren’t satisfied with the conclusion that Oswald acted alone due to the conflicts with the evidence and unresolved questions.

I personally don’t consider myself a “Conspiracy Theorist”. I’m skeptical of most conspiracy theories. But at the same time, I acknowledge that conspiracies do happen and based on the evidence in the Kennedy assassination, I believe it’s plausible that others were involved.

Those "problems" only exist due to the laughable standard of proof applied by CTers to the JFK case.  That case was solved within a few hours of the crime being committed.  The evidence is rock solid.  There is no credible evidence of the involvement of anyone else.  Most CTers no longer even bother to try to explain what happened.  They instead try to create doubt by any means as to Oswald's guilt.  And failed even in that.  Imagine the outlandish alternative narrative that must have occurred for Oswald to be a patsy in this case.  Among other things he must have been in agreement with the conspirators to frame himself for the crime.  This is like Bigfoot.  True believers can never be unconvinced by facts or reason.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 05:09:31 PM »
Those "problems" only exist due to the laughable standard of proof applied by CTers to the JFK case.

The root of the conflicts with the evidence stem from either incompetent or malicious handling of the evidence by the Dallas PD followed by a bad autopsy conducted by the military, and destruction or suppression of evidence by other Federal government agencies.

It's possible that in spite of all the problems with the evidence, Oswald did act alone, but we'll never know for certain.

That case was solved within a few hours of the crime being committed.  The evidence is rock solid.

That's absolutely wrong.

"We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did. Nobody's yet been able to put him in the building (Texas School Book Depository) with a gun in his hand." - Jesse Curry

There is no credible evidence of the involvement of anyone else. 

There's evidence that suggests others were involved but no conclusive proof.

It's perfectly reasonable to speculate about conspiracy given the many unresolved questions about the Kennedy assassination.

They instead try to create doubt by any means as to Oswald's guilt.  And failed even in that.  Imagine the outlandish alternative narrative that must have occurred for Oswald to be a patsy in this case.  Among other things he must have been in agreement with the conspirators to frame himself for the crime.  This is like Bigfoot.  True believers can never be unconvinced by facts or reason.

You get hung up on the question of Oswald's guilt. There are many Americans who believe Oswald was guilty but others were involved.

RFK Sr. and LBJ believed Oswald was guilty but others were involved.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 05:09:31 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2023, 01:52:00 PM »
The root of the conflicts with the evidence stem from either incompetent or malicious handling of the evidence by the Dallas PD followed by a bad autopsy conducted by the military, and destruction or suppression of evidence by other Federal government agencies.

It's possible that in spite of all the problems with the evidence, Oswald did act alone, but we'll never know for certain.

That's absolutely wrong.

"We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did. Nobody's yet been able to put him in the building (Texas School Book Depository) with a gun in his hand." - Jesse Curry

There's evidence that suggests others were involved but no conclusive proof.

It's perfectly reasonable to speculate about conspiracy given the many unresolved questions about the Kennedy assassination.

You get hung up on the question of Oswald's guilt. There are many Americans who believe Oswald was guilty but others were involved.

RFK Sr. and LBJ believed Oswald was guilty but others were involved.

Oswald is linked to the rifle and the rifle is linked to the assassination.  That alone means Oswald is guilty absent some explanation for how his rifle came to be left on the 6th floor.  The floor from which witnesses confirm the shots were fired.  Bullet casings from Oswald's rifle are found by the window.  Oswald's prints are on the SN boxes.  That leaves only two ways to avoid concluding that Oswald was not the shooter.  1) He has a credible alibi.  He does not.  2) He can explain the presence of his rifle at the crime scene.  He did not.  Instead he lied and denied he owned any rifle.  Instead he fled the scene and killed a police officer.  It is difficult to understand how there could be any more evidence than exists to prove his guilt.  It is stone cold.  Oswald was the assassin.  There is zero credible evidence that he was working with anyone.  Oswald was a strange guy.  There are some loony things in his background because of that like defecting to the USSR.  That is not evidence that he was involved with anyone.  Rather it is evidence that he was a few bricks short of a load.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2023, 03:06:31 PM »
Oswald is linked to the rifle and the rifle is linked to the assassination.  That alone means Oswald is guilty absent some explanation for how his rifle came to be left on the 6th floor.  The floor from which witnesses confirm the shots were fired.  Bullet casings from Oswald's rifle are found by the window.  Oswald's prints are on the SN boxes.  That leaves only two ways to avoid concluding that Oswald was not the shooter.  1) He has a credible alibi.  He does not.  2) He can explain the presence of his rifle at the crime scene.  He did not.  Instead he lied and denied he owned any rifle.  Instead he fled the scene and killed a police officer.  It is difficult to understand how there could be any more evidence than exists to prove his guilt.  It is stone cold.  Oswald was the assassin.  There is zero credible evidence that he was working with anyone.  Oswald was a strange guy.  There are some loony things in his background because of that like defecting to the USSR.  That is not evidence that he was involved with anyone.  Rather it is evidence that he was a few bricks short of a load.

Oswald is linked to the rifle and the rifle is linked to the assassination.   

You really need to stop with this pathetically superficial BS.

Oswald is "linked" to a rifle by virtue of the opinion of an FBI handwriting expert and three photos, taken 8 months prior to the assassination, in which he is holding a rifle.

The rifle found at the TSBB is only "linked" to the assassination because it was discovered on the 6th floor. There is no evidence that rifle was even fired or that the shells found at the sniper's nest were fired by that rifle on that day.

There is no credible evidence whatsoever that "links" the rifle Oswald was holding in the BY photos and the rifle found at the TSBD.

That alone means Oswald is guilty absent some explanation for how his rifle came to be left on the 6th floor.

This is just about the most stupid comment I have seen you make for months and that say a lot. First of all, there is no evidence that the rifle found at the TSBD was "his rifle" and secondly, even if Oswald did own a rifle in March 1963, it still doesn't mean that he must have still owned it in November 1963. But even more stupidly, it is completely idiotic to argue that ownership of a rifle used in a crime automatically makes the owner guilty of that crime.

Oswald's prints are on the SN boxes

In his oral history interview for the Sixth Floor Museum, Lt Day stated that he wasn't greatly interested in any prints that could be on the boxes, because Oswald worked in the building and part of his job was to handle boxes on the 6th floor. According to Day the prints on the boxes had no real evidentiary value at all.

Instead he lied and denied he owned any rifle.

You have not a shred of evidence to justify the conclusion that Oswald lied about anything. It is just your narrowminded opinion!

It is difficult to understand how there could be any more evidence than exists to prove his guilt.  It is stone cold.  Oswald was the assassin.

Only in your delusional mind. Assumptions and leaps of faith are not evidence! Take those away and you end up with a weak circumstantial case based on superficial evidence that would not be enough to convince an honest prosecutor to take the case to trial.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 12:57:46 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2023, 03:06:31 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2023, 02:09:44 PM »
Oswald is linked to the rifle and the rifle is linked to the assassination.   

You really need to stop with this pathetically superficial BS.

Oswald is "linked" to a rifle by virtue of the opinion of an FBI handwriting expert and three photos, taken 8 months prior to the assassination, in which he is holding a rifle.

The rifle found at the TSBB is only "linked" to the assassination because it was discovered on the 6th floor. There is no evidence that rifle was even fired or that the shells found at the sniper's nest were fired by that rifle on that day.

There is no credible evidence whatsoever that "links" the rifle Oswald was holding in the BY photos and the rifle found at the TSBD.

That alone means Oswald is guilty absent some explanation for how his rifle came to be left on the 6th floor.

This is just about the most stupid comment I have seen you make for months and that say a lot. First of all, there is no evidence that the rifle found at the TSBD was "his rifle" and secondly, even if Oswald did own a rifle in March 1963, it still doesn't mean that he must have still owned it in November 1963. But even more stupidly, it is completely idiotic to argue that ownership of a rifle used in a crime automatically makes the owner guilty of that crime.

You think Oswald is linked to the rifle only by the "opinion" of the FBI.  What does that even mean?  LOL.  Of course there is a mountain of evidence and circumstances that link Oswald to a specific rifle with a specific serial number.  That same rifle is left at the scene of the crime with fired bullet casings from that same rifle found by the window from which several witnesses confirm the shots were fired.  Imagine that at the scene of a shooting that a gun is found that can be linked to an individual.  That individual has no alibi.  That individual instead flees and shoots a police officer and then lies about ownership of the gun.   That's a slam dunk of guilt.  But we have gone over your insane contrarian standard of proof in the JFK case a million times.  The point in this thread is to apply that looney standard to the Lincoln assassination.  There is no evidence that links Booth to the gun or the gun to the assassination.  Multiple different people claimed to have found the gun after the assassination.  No one can prove it was fired that day.  LOL.  No one saw Booth pull the trigger per your pedantic analysis of what that means.  They just heard a gunshot and turned to see Booth pointing a gun at Lincoln's head.  Some of the witnesses were off their description of Booth's height, weight, manner of dress.  So there must be doubt according to you.