Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: An interesting video  (Read 5131 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

An interesting video
« on: July 27, 2023, 05:21:51 PM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

An interesting video
« on: July 27, 2023, 05:21:51 PM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: An interesting video
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 04:20:43 AM »
Good stuff. I was most interested in Harry Holmes at 1:20:20, where Oswald appears to place hizself on the 6th floor at the time of the shots.
But no mention of Agent Hickey accidentally shooting JFK with his AR15. The evidence around that saga would make good viewing.

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 08:22:57 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 08:22:57 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 10:54:50 AM »
That video is very good indeed.

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/UFy86ovoHfY/m/Uf8tcHgPAgAJ

It's interesting to see that in that group you present the video as being made by somebody who is not a conspiracy theorist without going so far as to claim he is a LNr.
The truth is that the video is trying to show both sides of the arguments in a fair and balanced way, leaving it up to the viewer to make up his own mind. The maker of the video has made all sorts of similar videos about other subjects, such as the Jack the Ripper murders, and seems to have a neutral position when it comes to the JFK case.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 11:28:28 AM »
The style of the video reminds me a little bit of the methods that Ken Burns typically employs in his documentaries. The usage of actors speaking the words of some of the testimonies, etc while showing photos, the 3D model of Dealey Plaza and the TSBD, etc is, in particular, what I would expect from Ken Burns. I once wrote to Ken Burns suggesting that he do a documentary on the JFK assassination. I got a reply saying that many others have also suggested it but Ken was way too busy with other projects to consider it. That’s a shame, because Ken Burns has a huge fan base and a documentary by him could be a much needed reality check and antidote to the JFK films by Oliver Stone.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 11:30:01 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 11:28:28 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 02:12:04 PM »
The style of the video reminds me a little bit of the methods that Ken Burns typically employs in his documentaries. The usage of actors speaking the words of some of the testimonies, etc while showing photos, the 3D model of Dealey Plaza and the TSBD, etc is, in particular, what I would expect from Ken Burns. I once wrote to Ken Burns suggesting that he do a documentary on the JFK assassination. I got a reply saying that many others have also suggested it but Ken was way too busy with other projects to consider it. That’s a shame, because Ken Burns has a huge fan base and a documentary by him could be a much needed reality check and antidote to the JFK films by Oliver Stone.

Much needed? The official “LN” narrative has dominated mainstream media coverage of the JFK assassination for the last 60 years. There have been movies, like “Parkland” for example, that promote the Warren Commission’s version of the events.

Belief in conspiracy in the assassination has remained high in spite of that. A Ken Burns documentary on the subject won’t make a difference.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 02:57:32 PM »
Much needed? The official “LN” narrative has dominated mainstream media coverage of the JFK assassination for the last 60 years. There have been movies, like “Parkland” for example, that promote the Warren Commission’s version of the events.

Belief in conspiracy in the assassination has remained high in spite of that. A Ken Burns documentary on the subject won’t make a difference.

Belief in conspiracy in the assassination has remained high in spite of that.

People believe what they want to believe. The widespread distrust of the authorities (Vietnam war, Watergate, etc only made it worse); and a preference towards intrigue and mystery versus the plain boring facts are powerful influences as to what people believe. People would rather be entertained by a movie or a documentary about a subject that interests them, than pay attention to the news. So, I think that a Ken Burns documentary would reach a lot more people, and provide some much needed in-depth education regarding the assassination for them, than a short segment on the six o’clock news or 60-minutes would.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 02:57:32 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 03:46:15 PM »
Maybe the question that needs to be answered is why do so many people believe it is a conspiracy. Originally people looked at it with a jaundiced eye. Is it because he was a president, in Dallas, a carcano, or the fact LHO was shot in the presence of so many cops in their police station and in their custody?