Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who do you believe?  (Read 32818 times)

Offline Wesley Johnson

Re: Who do you believe?
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2018, 06:03:23 PM »
Advertisement
You are the one who originally put the 90 seconds in.

Yes, but only because the Truly/Baker meeting confirms that Oswald was on the 2nd floor at that time. Arnold said she saw him on the same floor a few minutes earlier

I understand that you are trying to say that Oswald could have seen Jarman and Norman coming in 10 minutes before.

I'm not trying. I said it.

that is not supported by anyone.

And Oswald at the 6th floor window is not supported by anyone either, yet you believe Brennan.

Oswald claimed he had lunch on the first floor and told Capt. Fritz that. Depending on who you talk to on here you might get variations of his exact wording, whether he said, "I had lunch with Junior, Jarman, a black guy, a black man, a black, whatever", he told Fritz he had lunch on the first floor and no one else supports that.

The problem is that we don't know what Oswald really said. There are only conflicting third party accounts. So, let's not assume to know what Oswald really said and then proceed to call it a lie, shall we?

D, In 1978, fifteen years after the assassination Carolyn Arnold told the Dallas Morning News that around 12:25 pm she saw Oswald sitting having his lunch in the second floor lunchroom. In the same month she told author Anthony Summers that "she went into the lunchroom on the second floor for a moment and she saw Oswald there, alone and having lunch", Instead of 12:25 pm that she told Dallas Morning News, she told Summers she saw Oswald, "about a quarter of an hour before the assassination about 12:15 pm, it may have been a little later" Why in a month period fifteen years after does she give the News a 12:30 pm time and then give Summers a 12:15 pm or later time?

It seems to me that all you've got it third party information and nothing from Arnold directly. Regardless of the minor time differences, her story is still the same; she saw Oswald on the second floor just minutes prior to the shooting.

Doesn't sound like a very convincing witness to me.

No surprise there. Why deal with the elephant in the room that is her seeing Oswald when you can concentrate on minor differences in times which she may or may not have given herself?

Why did she give the FBI four days after the statement that she saw Oswald a few minutes before 12:15 and not in the lunchroom? She contends the FBI mis quoted her, but on March 18, 1964 she gave the FBI a signed statement that "I did not see Lee Harvey Oswald at the time the president was shot". A very weak witness that is disputed by several others witnesses including Pauline Sanders.
[/b]

"I'm not trying. I said it"?

Come on Martin, a little picky there aren't you?  ;D Let me ask you. Why is it, that you will believe Arnold but not Brennan? "yet you believe Brennan." and yet you believe Arnold? Very funny there Martin.
"So, let's not assume to know what Oswald really said and then proceed to call it a lie, shall we?

So, let's not assume to know what Arnold really said and then proceed to call it truth, shall we?

Very humorous Martin, all the CT'ers have is third party crap. Give me a break. Is there even one piece of evidence that you guys believe? By the way, you know what I believe, so, could you tell me which conspiracy theory you believe? Or do you just lump them all into one basket and then pick information from this one or that one depending on what part of the assassination you are debating? I truly would like to know. The one that really gets me is the "theory" that JFK was really not killed that day. What a hoot. Or how about "Jackie did it" , "the driver did it"!! I mean come on Martin. Do the CT'ers ever feel any embarrassment by some of these theories?   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2018, 06:03:23 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2018, 06:44:12 PM »
"I'm not trying. I said it"?

Come on Martin, a little picky there aren't you?  ;D Let me ask you. Why is it, that you will believe Arnold but not Brennan? "yet you believe Brennan." and yet you believe Arnold? Very funny there Martin.

"So, let's not assume to know what Oswald really said and then proceed to call it a lie, shall we?

So, let's not assume to know what Arnold really said and then proceed to call it truth, shall we?

Very humorous Martin, all the CT'ers have is third party crap. Give me a break. Is there even one piece of evidence that you guys believe? By the way, you know what I believe, so, could you tell me which conspiracy theory you believe? Or do you just lump them all into one basket and then pick information from this one or that one depending on what part of the assassination you are debating? I truly would like to know. The one that really gets me is the "theory" that JFK was really not killed that day. What a hoot. Or how about "Jackie did it" , "the driver did it"!! I mean come on Martin. Do the CT'ers ever feel any embarrassment by some of these theories?   

Come on Martin, a little picky there aren't you?  ;D Let me ask you. Why is it, that you will believe Arnold but not Brennan?  "yet you believe Brennan." and yet you believe Arnold? Very funny there Martin.

Where did I say I believed Arnold and/or Brennan or not? The discussion was about your question about who to believe; Oswald or Arnold. I have merely demostrated to you that there is not enough evidence to reach any kind of firm conclusion. Both could be telling the truth and both could not be.

Nobody is doing that. All I have done is counter your claim with the argument that she could indeed be telling the truth. I didn't like much how you concentrated on minor differences in time told to third parties 15 years later and basically ignored the fact that she still claimed to have seen Oswald just prior to the shooting, just like she told the FBI on 11/26/63.

So, why are you making a big effort to argue that she was lying or at least is not a reliable witness, when you simply lack the evidence to reach such a determination?

Very humorous Martin, all the CT'ers have is third party crap. Give me a break.

First of all, I don't care what you think CT'ers have or not. I'm not one of them in as much as I don't have a theory and I don't really care if there was conspiracy or not. All I am interested in is finding out for myself if the case against Oswald is conclusive or not. And, no I won't give you a break.

By the way, you know what I believe, so, could you tell me which conspiracy theory you believe?

I have no theory. I just have serious doubts about the quality of the evidence presented against Oswald, that's all. LNs very often confuse playing Devil's advocate with defending some wacky theory... Why is that?

The one that really gets me is the "theory" that JFK was really not killed that day. What a hoot. Or how about "Jackie did it" , "the driver did it"!! I mean come on Martin. Do the CT'ers ever feel any embarrassment by some of these theories? 

I have never put any of those theories forward, nor do I subscribe to them, so I wouldn't know how CT'ers that do feel
about those theories.

But why are you now trying to make it about me and CT'ers. Why not continue to look at the evidence honestly and go from there?

Any thoughts about my comments about Sanders?

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2018, 08:11:02 PM »
Come on Martin, a little picky there aren't you?  ;D Let me ask you. Why is it, that you will believe Arnold but not Brennan?  "yet you believe Brennan." and yet you believe Arnold? Very funny there Martin.

Where did I say I believed Arnold and/or Brennan or not? The discussion was about your question about who to believe; Oswald or Arnold. I have merely demostrated to you that there is not enough evidence to reach any kind of firm conclusion. Both could be telling the truth and both could not be.

Nobody is doing that. All I have done is counter your claim with the argument that she could indeed be telling the truth. I didn't like much how you concentrated on minor differences in time told to third parties 15 years later and basically ignored the fact that she still claimed to have seen Oswald just prior to the shooting, just like she told the FBI on 11/26/63.

So, why are you making a big effort to argue that she was lying or at least is not a reliable witness, when you simply lack the evidence to reach such a determination?

Very humorous Martin, all the CT'ers have is third party crap. Give me a break.

First of all, I don't care what you think CT'ers have or not. I'm not one of them in as much as I don't have a theory and I don't really care if there was conspiracy or not. All I am interested in is finding out for myself if the case against Oswald is conclusive or not. And, no I won't give you a break.

By the way, you know what I believe, so, could you tell me which conspiracy theory you believe?

I have no theory. I just have serious doubts about the quality of the evidence presented against Oswald, that's all. LNs very often confuse playing Devil's advocate with defending some wacky theory... Why is that?

The one that really gets me is the "theory" that JFK was really not killed that day. What a hoot. Or how about "Jackie did it" , "the driver did it"!! I mean come on Martin. Do the CT'ers ever feel any embarrassment by some of these theories? 

I have never put any of those theories forward, nor do I subscribe to them, so I wouldn't know how CT'ers that do feel
about those theories.

But why are you now trying to make it about me and CT'ers. Why not continue to look at the evidence honestly and go from there?

Any thoughts about my comments about Sanders?

Martin, you edited your previous post and added the remark about Sanders after I quoted it. Was that intentional or just an afterthought? Okay, I get it, you just have questions about the evidence against Oswald. It just seems like you debate mainly as a "devil's advocate" from the CT side. Is there any evidence at all against Oswald that you do believe to be true? Just curious. By the way, I just look at statements by witnesses like Arnold, Sanders or whomever and weigh it in the balance of the whole situation. Arnold's statements, as well as Oswald's, concerning where he was at lunchtime are just not supported by other witnesses that day. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2018, 08:11:02 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2018, 10:45:15 PM »

Martin, you edited your previous post and added the remark about Sanders after I quoted it. Was that intentional or just an afterthought? Okay, I get it, you just have questions about the evidence against Oswald. It just seems like you debate mainly as a "devil's advocate" from the CT side. Is there any evidence at all against Oswald that you do believe to be true? Just curious. By the way, I just look at statements by witnesses like Arnold, Sanders or whomever and weigh it in the balance of the whole situation. Arnold's statements, as well as Oswald's, concerning where he was at lunchtime are just not supported by other witnesses that day.

Martin, you edited your previous post and added the remark about Sanders after I quoted it. Was that intentional or just an afterthought?

I accidentally posted the message before it was finished and then added the rest.

It just seems like you debate mainly as a "devil's advocate" from the CT side.

Really? And it isn't obvious to you why?

Is there any evidence at all against Oswald that you do believe to be true?

Actually, I believe most of the evidence brought against Oswald to be true, but there is a difference between evidence and proof and factual information can sometimes be presented in different ways, depending upon what one wants to prove. What one calls evidence of guilt is considered by someone else to be pure speculation.

By the way, I just look at statements by witnesses like Arnold, Sanders or whomever and weigh it in the balance of the whole situation.

Sure you do....and the "whole situation" would be the official narrative, right?

So, in Arnold's case you give more weight to her possibly getting the time wrong, some 15 years after the fact, than her consistency throughout the years in saying she saw Oswald just prior to the shooting? And in Sanders' case you take away from her statement something she did not actually say and incorrectly claim it doesn't support what Arnold said?

Arnold's statements, as well as Oswald's, concerning where he was at lunchtime are just not supported by other witnesses that day.

There you go again.... Pray tell, who would you expect to support Arnold's statement, when she alone happened to see Oswald? You don't expect others to support Brennan, right? So, why change the rules for Arnold?

And, as far as Oswald himself is concerned, since you don't know with any kind of certainty what he actually said verbatim, how can you even conclude that there was no support for his claim. Norman and Jarman were asked if they had eaten lunch with Oswald and they denied it, that's true, but what if that was the wrong question to ask? What if they were asked instead if it was possible that Oswald saw them "walking through the room" on the first floor just prior to the shooting?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 11:12:42 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2018, 11:15:26 PM »
Martin, you edited your previous post and added the remark about Sanders after I quoted it. Was that intentional or just an afterthought?

I accidentally posted the message before it was finished and then added the rest.

It just seems like you debate mainly as a "devil's advocate" from the CT side.

Really? And it isn't obvious to you why?

By the way, I just look at statements by witnesses like Arnold, Sanders or whomever and weigh it in the balance of the whole situation.

Sure you do....and the "whole situation" would be the official narrative, right?

So, in Arnold's case you give more weight to her possibly getting the time wrong, some 15 years after the fact, than her consistency in saying she saw Oswald just prior to the shooting? And in Sanders' case you take away from her statement something she did not actually say and incorrectly claim it doesn't support what Arnold said?

Arnold's statements, as well as Oswald's, concerning where he was at lunchtime are just not supported by other witnesses that day.

There you go again.... First of all, who would you expect to support Arnold's statement, when she alone happened to see Oswald? And, as far as Oswald himself is concerned, since you don't know with any kind of certainty what he said verbatim, how can you even conclude that there was no support for his claim. Norman and Jarman were asked if they had eaten lunch with Oswald and they denied it, that's true, but what if that was the wrong question to ask? What if they were asked instead if it was possible that Oswald saw them "walking through the room" on the first floor just prior to the shooting?

Name a witness that supports Arnold or Oswald's statements of where Oswald had lunch. I've read the statements by Captain Will Fritz and he stated that when asked "Oswald said he had lunch on the first floor".

"What if they were asked instead if it was possible that Oswald saw them "walking through the room" on the first floor just prior to the shooting?"

Seriously? What if they were asked  "could Oswald have been in the toilet when they came through?" what if they were asked "could Carolyn Arnold have been on the first floor when they walked through?" what if they were asked "Could Micky Mantle have been in the room when they walked through?" You can attempt to twist and spin it however you like Martin, I stand by my question "name any witness that can support Oswald's and Arnold's statements concerning where Oswald was during lunch." Have you read the documents concerning Oswald's interrogation and studied the films of the man while in custody? If he was being framed and a "patsy" as he claimed, he sure didn't act like it. I would have been screaming my head off every chance I got for a lawyer and telling Captain Fritz I was innocent. Oswald did not do that Martin. On the contrary he was confrontational the whole time. He told lie after lie. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2018, 11:15:26 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2018, 11:47:16 PM »

Name a witness that supports Arnold or Oswald's statements of where Oswald had lunch. I've read the statements by Captain Will Fritz and he stated that when asked "Oswald said he had lunch on the first floor".

"What if they were asked instead if it was possible that Oswald saw them "walking through the room" on the first floor just prior to the shooting?"

Seriously? What if they were asked  "could Oswald have been in the toilet when they came through?" what if they were asked "could Carolyn Arnold have been on the first floor when they walked through?" what if they were asked "Could Micky Mantle have been in the room when they walked through?" You can attempt to twist and spin it however you like Martin, I stand by my question "name any witness that can support Oswald's and Arnold's statements concerning where Oswald was during lunch." Have you read the documents concerning Oswald's interrogation and studied the films of the man while in custody? If he was being framed and a "patsy" as he claimed, he sure didn't act like it. I would have been screaming my head off every chance I got for a lawyer and telling Captain Fritz I was innocent. Oswald did not do that Martin. On the contrary he was confrontational the whole time. He told lie after lie.

Name a witness that supports Arnold or Oswald's statements of where Oswald had lunch.

Asking for information which you know does not exist, or at least is not included in the official narative, does not make your case any stronger. In fact, trying to shift the burden of proof only weakens your own arguments.

I've read the statements by Captain Will Fritz and he stated that when asked "Oswald said he had lunch on the first floor".

The problem is, that what Fritz says isn't always supported by what others who were present said in their reports. But in this case, if Oswald said he had his lunch on the first floor (in the Domino room) what do you think that proves?

On the one hand it only makes it more possible that he did indeed see Norman and Jarman enter the building, minutes before the shots being fired and on the other hand it does not rule out at all that, after he finished his lunch, Oswald went up to the 2nd floor lunchroom to get a drink. So, what is your point?

Remember, the man in the 6th floor window was first seen some 15 minutes prior to the shooting. The problem for you is that we know for a fact that Norman and Jarman entered the shipping room of the building anywhere between 12.20 and 12.25. If Oswald did in fact see them and/or if Carolyn Arnold did see Oswald some time between 12.20 (when Sanders said she was in the 2nd floor lunchroom) and 12.25 (when Arnold said she left the building to watch to motorcade) you've got Oswald on either the first or second floor at a time when the man seen in the 6th floor window was already in position!

Seriously? What if they were asked  "could Oswald have been in the toilet when they came through?" what if they were asked "could Carolyn Arnold have been on the first floor when they walked through?"

Trying to ridicule a serious point is a weak strategy. The point I was making, which apparently went over your head, is that the quality of the answer by a witness is determined by the quality of the question asked. Ask the wrong question and you get a wrong answer. Failure to question Norman and Jarman more closely on this subject tells me that Fritz et all were not really interested in finding out anything that might support Oswald's claim.

You can attempt to twist and spin it however you like Martin, I stand by my question "name any witness that can support Oswald's and Arnold's statements concerning where Oswald was during lunch."

Name one person who can support Brennan's claim that it was Oswald who was shooting from the 6th floor window?
Name one person who can support Bledsoe's claim that Oswald was wearing the same shirt on the bus as he was arrested in?
Name one person who can support Roberts' claim that Oswald left the roominghouse zipping up a jacket?

See, how easy it is to ask such questions?

You seem to think (as many LNs do) that your position is correct unless you can be proven wrong. It doesn't work that way. There is no "winning by default". You need to prove your case... try and concentrate on that!

Have you read the documents concerning Oswald's interrogation and studied the films of the man while in custody?

Yes, I have read the reports and they contradict eachother too often to be considered accurate or sufficiently reliable. As for the fims of Oswald in custody, I don't really see what's there to study...

If he was being framed and a "patsy" as he claimed, he sure didn't act like it.

Really? How was he supposed to act?

I would have been screaming my head off every chance I got for a lawyer and telling Captain Fritz I was innocent.

You are not Oswald. Not everybody reacts and acts in the same way. Just because you would do something one way, doesn't mean that everybody else has to do it that way. Your argument is bogus. Besides, Oswald protested his innocence and he did ask for a lawyer several times.

Oswald did not do that Martin. On the contrary he was confrontational the whole time.

How in the world would you even know this for a fact? And what does that mean to you? Oswald did something different than you would do and thus he must be guilty, is that it? That's right out of the Salem playbook. 

He told lie after lie.

We have already established that there is no verbatim account of what Oswald really said while in custody, yet you continue to claim he lied.... based on what, exactly?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:11:35 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2018, 12:07:41 AM »

And what would Oswald's motivation be for trying to provide an alibi that included co-workers who could easily deny his presence there. Does anyone think Fritz would not ask Jarman and Norman if Oswald was there? Perhaps that is not exactly what he said.....we will never know will we.

How could Oswald pick the only 2 co-workers that just happened to pass the domino room within 5 minutes of the shots? Was he Nostradamus? Perhaps he knew he would be killed on the Sunday and it didn?t matter what he said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2018, 12:07:41 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2018, 12:10:57 AM »

So, in Arnold's case you give more weight to her possibly getting the time wrong, some 15 years after the fact, than her consistency throughout the years in saying she saw Oswald just prior to the shooting? And in Sanders' case you take away from her statement something she did not actually say and incorrectly claim it doesn't support what Arnold said?

There was no consistency in her statements. Saying that she might have caught a fleeting glimpse of Oswald standing on the first floor at 12:25 is not the same as saying that she saw him in the second floor lunchroom at 12:15.  Even her statements made in 1978 are not consistent with one another.