Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Rolling Stones  (Read 8927 times)

Offline Rick Plant

The Rolling Stones
« on: June 24, 2023, 08:24:33 AM »
Advertisement
Rolling Stones’ Myrtle Beach concert remembered 45 years later

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Grand Strand rock ‘n roll fans found a lot of “satisfaction” 45 years ago this month thanks to a surprise concert by the now legendary Rolling Stones.

The concert was on June 22, 1978, at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, and folks are still talking about that night.

There were 2,000 tickets available and fans scooped them up within an hour, according to the book by music journalist Robert Christgau. Original tickets sold for $10, but scalped tickets went for $200 by the end of the week. One Myrtle Beach police officer who was there that night said six ticket scalpers were arrested before the start of the show.

David Corbett, a nephew of the concert’s promoter in Myrtle Beach, still recalls peoples’ fascination with the group.

"Now, I’m not sure how many tickets each person was able to buy,” he said. “Anyways, after it sold out on that Monday, my telephone started ringing … where I lived. People started calling our house, knowing that Uncle Cecil was my father’s only brother.”

More than 60 police officers and other authorities were on the convention center grounds that night and told fans who didn’t have a ticket they had to leave, Christgau said in his book.

Watch Video in Link: https://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-strand/myrtle-beach/rollings-stones-myrtle-beach-concert-remembered-45-years-later/

The Rolling Stones - Beast Of Burden - Myrtle Beach 1978

Listen:

JFK Assassination Forum

The Rolling Stones
« on: June 24, 2023, 08:24:33 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

Re: The Rolling Stones
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 03:10:41 AM »
The Rolling Stones Live in Detroit [6/6/1978] - Full Show

July 6 - 1978, Soundboard recording

Listen:

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 03:50:42 AM »
Bill Wyman Rolled into Chelsea with the Rolling Stones, and Six Decades Later He Shares His Village Views
https://variety.com/2023/music/musicians/bill-wyman-rolling-stones-chelsea-1235653234/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 03:50:42 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 01:43:03 AM »
Look What You've Done (Mono)

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 05:15:15 AM »
The Rolling Stones Live Full Concert The Forum, Los Angeles, 18 January 1973

Complete audio of The Rolling Stones Winter tour 1973 at The Forum, Inglewood, USA.

The Rolling Stones did three shows in the USA on this tour. The first one, in LA, and two more, in Honolulu. It were the only concerts in the US, their first performance after these shows in the USA, was in 1975.

This Show in Los Angeles was a benefit concert for the victims of the Nicaraguan earthquake. This earthquake happened a month earlier, more than 4000 people were killed and many were homeless. This concert at the Forum in LA resulted in more than $350,000 for Nicaragua.

Some highlights:
• Route 66 (a Bobby Troup cover) was played for the first time since 1969, it was only performed once.
• It's All Over Now (The Valentinos cover), was only played live three times in 1973. It was played live for the first time since 1967. After this performance, their first live performance of this song was done in 1994.
• No Expectations was only played live once on this tour. It was played live for the first time since 1969. And after this performance, it was played live again in 1994 for the first time in more than 20 years.
• Dead Flowers was only played live three times in 1973
• Live with Me was only played live two times in 1973
• Stray Cat blues was only played once in 1973.
• Midnight Rambler was the encore! Unfortunately no audio recordings are available.

The Rolling Stones played the following 19 songs:

00:00 Intro
00:50 Brown Sugar
04:27 B!tch
09:32 Rocks Off
13:49 Gimme Shelter
19:16 Route 66
22:20 It's All Over Now
27:04 Happy
30:25 Tumbling Dice
35:46 No Expectations
41:03 Sweet Virginia
45:47 You Can't Always Get What You Want
53:47 Dead Flowers
57:42 Stray Cat Blues
1:02:05 Live With Me
1:06:20 All Down the Line
1:10:44 Rip This Joint
1:12:55 Jumpin' Jack Flash
1:16:38 Street Fighting Man (incomplete)
Midnight Rambler (Encore) (missing)

Listen:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 05:15:15 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 04:25:26 AM »
Rolling Stones - 1972 Tour 50th Anniversary Special

Recorded Live from Philadelphia, Ft. Worth, and Vancouver.

Listen:

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 03:46:22 AM »
The Rolling Stones Live Full Concert Madison Square Garden, New York City, 22 June 1975

Complete audio of The Rolling Stones Tour of the Americas'75 at the Madison Square Garden, NYC, USA.

The Rolling Stones did 6 six shows in New York in 1975. They played from 22-27 June each day at the MSG. This upload contains complete and good-quality audio of the first at the MSG.

Some highlights:
- four covers were played:
○ Ain't Too Proud to Beg (The Temptations cover)
○ You Gotta Move
○ That's Life (Billy Preston cover)
○ Outa-Space (Billy Preston cover)
- That's Life and Outa-Space were both performed by Billy Preston
- It was the first show in 1975 with an encore. Sympathy for the Devil was the song played as an encore.
- Eric Clapton joined on Sympathy for the devil!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 03:46:22 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 09:19:18 PM »
The Rolling Stones’ Forty Licks Comes to Digital and Limited Edition Vinyl

The Rolling Stones’ Forty Licks, the album that gathered together fully three dozen of the most enduring and anthemic songs from the group’s peerless career and added four then-new tracks to their incredible story, is to be released digitally for the first time on July 26. Two days later, it will be available, again for the first time, in a lavish, limited edition four-disc, 180-gram black vinyl version, housed in a wide spined gatefold sleeve. At the same time, Stones fans will also have an opportunity to stream new Dolby Atmos versions of the album’s 40 tracks.

Forty Licks was initially released in September 2002 to celebrate the Stones’ 40th anniversary and to mark the beginning of their massive Licks tour. This global spectacle, mounted on the breathtaking scale that only the Stones could muster, crossed the globe over the next 14 months, playing 117 shows and became the second highest-grossing tour in history up to that time.

The collection, which times out at over two and a half hours, includes no fewer than 20 (US) Top 10 singles of which 13 broke into the Top 5 and 7 going all the way to #1 including “Satisfaction,” “Miss You,” “Brown Sugar,” “Paint It, Black,” “Honky Tonk Women,” “Get Off Of My Cloud” and “Angie.” UK chart stats for Forty Licks tracks are quite similar with 20 Top 10 singles, 16 Top 5 singles and 7 #1s. The list of UK chart toppers includes “The Last Time,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” and “It’s All Over Now” as well as “Satisfaction,” “Get Off My Cloud,” “Paint It, Black” and “Honkey Tonk Women.”

Following its initial release, Licks would sell seven million copies around the world, and has since come to be seen as the definitive anthology of the band’s recording career. It was, uniquely, the first collection to bring together landmark recordings from all points in their unrivalled songbook, from their early days via Decca UK and London US (ABKCO Records) through to the establishment of their own Rolling Stones Records.

With the release of Forty Licks, longtime Stones fans and newcomers alike can enjoy a retrospective featuring the 1960s hits that made the band icons of successive generations.

Full track listing below

Record One:
Street Fighting Man
Gimme Shelter
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
The Last Time
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
19th Nervous Breakdown
Under My Thumb
Not Fade Away
Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?

Record Two:
Sympathy For The Devil
Mother’s Little Helper
She’s A Rainbow
Get Off Of My Cloud
Wild Horses
Ruby Tuesday
Paint It, Black
Honky Tonk Women
It’s All Over Now
Let’s Spend The Night Together

Record Three:
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Miss You
Beast Of Burden
Don’t Stop
Happy
Angie
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Fool To Cry

Record Four:
Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Key To Your Love
Anybody Seen My Baby?
Stealing My Heart
Tumbling Dice
Undercover Of The Night
Emotional Rescue
It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
Losin’ My Touch

https://www.rockandbluesmuse.com/2023/06/28/the-rolling-stones-forty-licks-comes-to-digital-and-limited-edition-vinyl/