Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Sylvia Meagher Writes Clay Shaw with an Idea  (Read 2633 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Sylvia Meagher Writes Clay Shaw with an Idea
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2023, 08:54:59 PM »
Advertisement
She was right though.

It's not the responsibility of JFK assassination researchers to solve the JFK assassination murder case. I would even go further and argue that researchers shouldn't speculate about "who" the real killers were (if not Oswald). The conspiracy speculation distracts from the fact that there are real holes, sometimes huge holes, in the Lone-nut narrative. It's easy to shoot down bad conspiracy theories but much more difficult to resolve the many problems with the evidence in the JFK assassination.

Objectively, the Warren report was full of holes. Meagher and other first generation Warren report critics did a public service by exposing the holes in what was pretty much a prosecutorial document with little to no exculpatory evidence included in the report. Oswald didn't live to stand trial so if not for the Warren report critics, there would've been no real effort to examine the evidence critically. The news media almost unanimously endorsed the report. It took independent investigators to bring to light all the problems with the evidence which led to other investigations being opened. 

As of today, I personally don't know if Oswald was a "patsy" or part of the conspiracy. But I'm about 60-70% convinced that there was a conspiracy based on all the evidence from the JFK assassination that I've observed in my lifetime. Yes, part of me, 30-40%, allows for the possibility that it was Oswald alone in spite of the problems with the evidence and investigations. It's possible even though I don't think it's the most likely truth.

Strange lack of empathy from you given the facts of how his father and uncle were murdered.

It's likely (based on the autopsy and other evidence) that RFK's murder was a conspiracy and possible that JFK's murder was a conspiracy:

Noguchi's autopsy of Robert Kennedy concluded that the fatal shot was fired into the back of Kennedy's head, behind the right ear, from an upward angle, and from a distance of no more than 0.5 to 3 inches (15–75 mm) away. Such a finding has given rise to conspiracy theories regarding the assassination, as no witnesses reported seeing the convicted assassin, Sirhan Sirhan, any closer to Kennedy than 1 meter away and in a position to fire such a shot. Noguchi himself points out in his memoir Coroner that he has never officially ruled that Sirhan fired the fatal shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Noguchi

If you're convinced that your dad was murdered in a conspiracy that potentially involved the CIA, it wouldn't take a huge leap to conclude that your uncle was murdered in a similar manner.

Even if you disagree with RFK Jr, you should be able to express empathy towards him on this issue given the tragedies that he experienced.
He's running for president and, in part, using that platform to promote his baseless assassination conspiracy beliefs (he recently repeated them on a Russell Brand podcast). I don't think some obscure person (that would be me) on a relatively obscure website (that would be this) saying what I did is being callous to him.

I'm sure he's heard worse. And will in the near future. Again: he wants to be president. If he hadn't announced it I wouldn't have mentioned it in my list of people who can't look at the assassination without seeing it through their rather extreme politics.

To put a bow on this: I also have empathy for JD Tippit's widow (recently deceased) and his family. I don't think people who don't believe Oswald shot Tippit are not expressing "empathy" for them. They are just giving their views. Dumb ones; but it comes with the conspiracy mindset.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2023, 08:54:59 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 01:14:47 AM »
To put a bow on this: I also have empathy for JD Tippit's widow (recently deceased) and his family. I don't think people who don't believe Oswald shot Tippit are not expressing "empathy" for them. They are just giving their views. Dumb ones; but it comes with the conspiracy mindset.

JD Tippit's widow is not a public figure and no one to my knowledge on this forum has said a single word of disrespect about her.

Are you attempting to use her grief to shut down debates about JD Tippit's murder? If so, that's very lame and intellectually dishonest.

My point about empathy was, RFK Jr has the right to be emotionally affected (60 years later) given the strange circumstances in which his uncle and father were murdered. Who wouldn't be traumatized by the things he experienced?

Attacking him for his lack of closure about the JFK and RFK Sr assassinations seems unfair...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 01:15:16 AM by Jon Banks »