Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Would A Bullet Really Knock You Backwards? DEBUNKED  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: Would A Bullet Really Knock You Backwards? DEBUNKED
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2023, 11:05:35 PM »
Advertisement
Agreed. The Jet Effect is real. The Jet Effect did occur. But I suspect it was of weak magnitude. It did not seem to effect the motion of JFK's head, either forward or backwards, a significant amount.

But it is possible the Jet Effect was stronger than I suspect. If the jet of material just happened to erupted to JFK's right, it would push the head to the left. This would be hard to measure in the Zapruder film, since that motion would be directly away from the camera.

When I state the 'Jet Effect' is a false explanation, the 'Neurological Spasm' is the true explanation of JFK's backwards motion, I am only referring to the effect on the backwards motion, which leads many people to think the shot had to have come from the front. The Jet Effect clearly had minimum effect on the backwards motion. The effect of the Jet Effect on motion to the left is unknown, since it cannot be easily measured. Although Dale Myers may have some information on that.
Remember, the impulse from the head is to the direction of JFK's left which is not the car left since JFK is turned about 30 degrees.  So JFK's left is about 30 degrees to the rear.  [Note: If the head was as wide as it is long, a bullet entering the middle of the back of the head and exiting on the front right corner of the head would be 30 degrees to the direction the head is facing. Since the head is not that wide, I suggest the angle through the head was a bit less - say 25 degrees.  But the bullet was already travelling 5 degrees right to left relative to the car, so that 25 degrees through the head was on top of a 5 degree angle to the car, meaning JFK's head was pointing about 30 degrees to the left of the car direction.]

With JFK turned 30 degrees to the left, an impulse of magnitude p to JFK's left will consist of a rearward impulse of .5p and a car left impulse of .867p (sin(30)= 1/2 and cos(30)=.866). That is consistent with what we see in frames z315-320.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 11:06:41 PM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2023, 11:05:35 PM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2023, 11:08:19 PM »
It is a very good explanation. Because it is the only explanation that explains JFK's head continuous acceleration backwards from z313 through z317. The only other explanation, which no one believes, is that there was a series of bullets during z313 through z317, each striking the head in at least 4 consecutive frames, striking at the same rate the Zapruder film was made, one bullet every 55 milliseconds. Plus another bullet fired from under the street, through the asphalt, through the bottom of the limousine and into JFK's right elbow.

The "neurological spasm" or the "neuromuscular spasm" is also a good theory because it has been demonstrated with animals. It has not been demonstrated with humans. It cannot be demonstrated with humans. Not because it has been tried and tried again and shown that it just doesn't happen. It's because this experiment is forbidden, even for condemned criminals because it is an afront to human dignity. Even film of murders, which I understand seem to show a neurological spam in humans, like the murder of a reporter in Nicaragua in 1979 cannot be shown as an afront to human dignity.

Any explanation that can be shown to occur in animals, and is the only plausible explanation, is a good explanation, except to the hopelessly biased.
Where has it been demonstrated in animals?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2023, 11:15:55 PM »
Where has it been demonstrated in animals?

"The Army film taken in 1948 of the goat shooting episodes convincingly explained the rearward reaction of the president's head as seen in the Zapruder film and very convincingly demonstrates that it could not have been caused by the frontal impact of a bullet, and equally convincingly demonstrates that it was caused by the convulsion of upper dorsal musculature receiving false signals from an exploding brain."
https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/select-committee-report/part-4.html

Charles Petty, from the HSCA.

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 11:17:41 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2023, 11:15:55 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2023, 12:55:10 AM »
The goat reaction looks nothing like the JFK reaction.

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2023, 07:41:18 PM »
"The Army film taken in 1948 of the goat shooting episodes convincingly explained the rearward reaction of the president's head as seen in the Zapruder film and very convincingly demonstrates that it could not have been caused by the frontal impact of a bullet, and equally convincingly demonstrates that it was caused by the convulsion of upper dorsal musculature receiving false signals from an exploding brain."
https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/select-committee-report/part-4.html

Charles Petty, from the HSCA.

That was a statement of the HSCA committee.  Petty does not refer to the sheep film.  Has anyone actually seen the film and, if so, can someone provide a link?

I note that Petty made two serious errors, in my view (none of which relate the motion of JFK after the head shot). 

First of all, to the question posed by Mr. Bugliosi at 4:15 about a 1 second delay of Connally after being struck in the back, Petty suggests that can occur because people react differently and people sometimes don't even know they have been struck.  Obviously, that does not fit Connally's evidence, which was that he felt the impact and that that forceful impact like a punch to the back occurred after he had heard the first shot, recognized it as a rifle shot and, fearing an assassination attempt, had turned around to check on JFK.

The second error, at 5:50 where he says that the bullet never penetrated the rib bone or the radius bone.  I am not sure how he concludes that it did not penetrate the rib. While it "circled around the outside of the chest" (4:00) initially,  it blasted through the last 10 cm of rib.   The bullet also caused a comminuted fracture of the radius. While I agree that this does not require penetrating the wrist if it merely deflected on impact, the SBT says that it penetrated the radius in order to enter the left thigh.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 07:42:37 PM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2023, 07:41:18 PM »