Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 47980 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2023, 06:18:59 PM »
Advertisement
it's in CE2003.

Really? I just had a look at the index and I can't find Bentley's name in the list of affidavits. The document consists of 210 pages, so you are going to have to be a bit less evasive and tell me what page I need to look at.

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/html/WH_Vol24_0126b.htm
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 06:19:27 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2023, 06:18:59 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2023, 12:39:39 AM »
This is what Bentley says about his return to Dallas City Hall:

"I turned his identification over to Lt. Baker. I then went to Captain Westbrook's Office to make a report of the arrest.

"I then was told by Inspector Kockos to go to Baylor Hospital to receive treatment for the injured feet I received in making the arrest."

So, Bentley dropped off the ID when Oswald was dropped off in the Homicide office, and before following Hill and Carroll to the Personnel Office. I was a bit wrong in the exact sequence, but compare this to your original assertion that Bentley was whisked off to the hospital as soon as he arrived at City Hall.

Of course, this wrecks your arguments.

Of course, this wrecks your arguments.

When you start from position of truth, the facts and evidence just flow together into a cohesive whole but unfortunately for the CT's they try to present alternatives which simply don't fit any logical narrative and thus their arguments are easily destroyed.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2023, 12:39:39 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2023, 07:58:59 AM »
When you start from position of truth, the facts and evidence just flow together into a cohesive whole but unfortunately for the CT's they try to present alternatives which simply don't fit any logical narrative and thus their arguments are easily destroyed.

JohnM

Hilarious and pathetic at the same time. Bentley's report, written on December 3, 1963, is way too vague to be of any value. The most important thing that stands out is that the man who took Oswald's wallet from him in the car still doesn't mention finding a fake Hidell ID in it, nearly two weeks after the event.

Also, Bentley claimed to have given "his identification" (whatever that means) to Baker and according to Mitch Todd it could well have been Baker who gave Gus Rose the wallet. There are only two problems with that. First there is no chain of custody (wow, now there's a shocker) and secondly, Rose and Baker worked together, so Rose would have recognized Baker as the person who gave him the wallet, but he didn't! He said some unidentified officer gave him the wallet.

Now, I understand full well this may be way over your head, John, but at least it shows you that you should read and try to understand the arguments before jumping in with one of your usual pathetic comments.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2023, 09:40:46 AM »
Hilarious and pathetic at the same time. Bentley's report, written on December 3, 1963, is way too vague to be of any value. The most important thing that stands out is that the man who took Oswald's wallet from him in the car still doesn't mention finding a fake Hidell ID in it, nearly two weeks after the event.

Also, Bentley claimed to have given "his identification" (whatever that means) to Baker and according to Mitch Todd it could well have been Baker who gave Gus Rose the wallet. There are only two problems with that. First there is no chain of custody (wow, now there's a shocker) and secondly, Rose and Baker worked together, so Rose would have recognized Baker as the person who gave him the wallet, but he didn't! He said some unidentified officer gave him the wallet.

Now, I understand full well this may be way over your head, John, but at least it shows you that you should read and try to understand the arguments before jumping in with one of your usual pathetic comments.

The very foundation of your theory which you still can't wrap your head around is that the Oswald wallet at the Tippit crime scene is powerful evidence but you are still trying to convince us that for some unfathomable reason known only to you, is that the Dallas Police who are your villains in this, decided to give Oswald a free pass. WOW!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2023, 09:40:46 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2023, 12:44:40 PM »
The very foundation of your theory which you still can't wrap your head around is that the Oswald wallet at the Tippit crime scene is powerful evidence but you are still trying to convince us that for some unfathomable reason known only to you, is that the Dallas Police who are your villains in this, decided to give Oswald a free pass. WOW!

JohnM

Another indication that your comprehension skills are severely lacking. I'm not trying to convince anybody that the DPD decided to give Oswald a free pass.

I'm saying that there is sufficient circumstantial evidence to suggest that they switched the wallet taken from Oswald by Paul Bentley with the one found at the Tippit scene (with the Hidell ID in) and they did so for two reasons; first of all, it would link Oswald to the Hidell alias and secondly it would avoid questions being asked about Oswald having two wallets and conveniently dropping the one with the Hidell ID in it at the crime scene.

What you and your ilk seem unable to understand is that by the time Oswald arrived at the police station it was already known that Bentley had taken his wallet from him in the car. Now, how would it look if they later denied that and said it was found at the Tippit scene. Are you getting this, or do I need to explain it again?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 01:07:33 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2023, 01:36:09 PM »
Another indication that your comprehension skills are severely lacking. I'm not trying to convince anybody that the DPD decided to give Oswald a free pass.

I'm saying that there is sufficient circumstantial evidence to suggest that they switched the wallet the wallet taken from Oswald by Paul Bentley with the one found at the Tippit scene (with the Hidell ID in) and they did so for two reasons; first of all it would like Oswald to the Hidell alias and secondly it would avoid questions being asked about Oswald having two wallets and conveniently dropping the one with the Hidell ID in it at the crime scene.

What you and your ilk seem unable to understand is that by the time Oswald arrived at the police station it was already known that Bentley had taken his wallet from him in the car. Now, how would it look if they later denied that and said it was found at the Tippit scene. Are you getting this, or do I need to explain it again?

Now, how would it look if they later denied that and said it was found at the Tippit scene.

This just gets more comical with every post.

Listen closely, as I alluded to in the other thread, Oswald having the Hidell identification would be used to show law enforcement that he wasn't Oswald and using your narrative, Oswald losing the Hidell wallet after showing Tippit is a very reasonable scenario which wouldn't need any denial.

Nobody would question Oswald having two wallets for two or more different pieces of identification.

C'mon Martin think clearly and try again and this time make a logical explanation that explains your hare-brained narrative and then we can examine why someone would even leave a second wallet??

JohnM

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 01:44:06 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2023, 01:36:09 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2023, 02:52:50 PM »
This just gets more comical with every post.

Listen closely, as I alluded to in the other thread, Oswald having the Hidell identification would be used to show law enforcement that he wasn't Oswald and using your narrative, Oswald losing the Hidell wallet after showing Tippit is a very reasonable scenario which wouldn't need any denial.

Nobody would question Oswald having two wallets for two or more different pieces of identification.

C'mon Martin think clearly and try again and this time make a logical explanation that explains your hare-brained narrative and then we can examine why someone would even leave a second wallet??

JohnM

Martin's "explanation" contains so many logical inconsistencies that it is mind boggling.  Not the least of which is that if the DPD were manipulating the evidence and deciding which wallet to link to Oswald, they would obviously use the one found at the Tippit murder scene.  What more incriminatory evidence could there be to link Oswald to the Tippit murder than claiming that he dropped his wallet at the scene.  Only an imbecile would ever suggest that the same police officers who they claim are otherwise framing Oswald would suppress the most important piece of evidence in the entire case to link him to the Tippit murder.