Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 47672 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 01:56:24 AM »
Advertisement
You are the epitome LNer who will refuse to drink...... even after he's been lead to water......
You have to have the water to begin with, Walt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 01:56:24 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2023, 03:14:33 PM »
You have to have the water to begin with, Walt.

Do you actually believe hat Tippit's killer was using an old worn out 38 caliber S&W with a 2 inch barrel and he could hit Tippit in the chest area?    Think about it??    .   

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2023, 07:11:49 PM »
Do you actually believe hat Tippit's killer was using an old worn out 38 caliber S&W with a 2 inch barrel and he could hit Tippit in the chest area?    Think about it??    .

Is there some reason to believe the gun carried by Oswald was not operational?   Subjective characterizations like it was "worn out" doesn't mean it was not functional as you suggest.  The shots were fired at point blank range.  It's unreal that anyone would apply this kind of analysis to rebut the mountain of actual evidence and multiple eyewitnesses that link Oswald to this crime.  Oswald was identified as the gunman who committed this crime in broad daylight in front of multiple witnesses while still carrying the literal smoking gun.  He still had that gun in his possession upon arrest.  He also had the same two brands of ammo that were used to kill Tippit.  Absent a time machine, it is difficult to imagine how there could be more evidence than exists.  It is a slam dunk of guilt.

Imagine the counternarrative where LHO is blundering by accident across the scene of multiple murders that day.  And he looks just like the killer according to multiple witnesses.  He is carrying a gun for some unknown reason to go to the movies.  He is acting so suspiciously that a random person follows him and has the police called.  He has the same two brands of ammo as Tippit's killer.  Just so much bad luck.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2023, 07:11:49 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2023, 07:29:09 PM »
Why dump the shells at all.
Why not get the F out of Dodge and then dump them.
I never quite understood that.
It doesn't have any bearing on who the shooter was, it just seems weird (to me, at least).

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2023, 08:06:40 PM »
It doesn't have any bearing on who the shooter was, it just seems weird (to me, at least).

I'm not sure that you are raising this to indicate any doubt of Oswald's guilt but many CTers go down these kinds of rabbit holes for that purpose.  Would it be any weirder for Oswald to have done this than some other person?  What is important is that Oswald is the person identified at the scene with the gun.  He is arrested with the gun a short distance away and has the same two brands of ammo used to kill Tippit.  One heck of a coincidence if he wasn't involved.  What is "weird" to me is leaving his place of employment at midday without permission after a police officer has pointed a gun at him and having no apparent curiosity about what is going on.  And then going out of his way to get his gun and sneak into the movies.  Acting so suspiciously that he draws the attention of a random person.  Now that is weird behavior unless Oswald was in flight from the assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2023, 08:06:40 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2023, 08:20:37 PM »
"Richard" exhibits weird behavior every day on this forum.  Nobody bases a murder accusation on that.

PS:  "gun carried by Oswald".  LOL

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2023, 12:07:21 AM »
Tippit was shot from ~6 ft away. The shooter could have comfortably hit him rapidfire with a pop gun at that range.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2023, 12:07:21 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2023, 12:15:21 AM »
I imagine that the gunman would quickly come to the conclusion he needed to reload ASAP before anyone decided to jump him.

Or in case anyone else was nearby with a firearm of their own. Texas has something of a rep for being Texas, after all.

And why keep fired cartridges in your pocket? They don't help you escape, and are evidence that you fired the pistol that your carrying since (at least) you put your pants/jacket/shirt on.