Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nest  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: The Nest
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2023, 11:35:53 PM »
Advertisement
Looks to me like Mr.Collins has empirically demonstrated that  the seated position is plausible and is actually a comfortable position for the gunman from which he can hide himself (and rifle) from the Hughes film angle , then he can easily move his rifle to a shooting position when the JFK limo begins down Elm st.

This refutes the  CT “Cramped Snipers Nest” argument that the shooter would have had an awkward position if the boxes were so stacked as per the WC photos,

IDK if Mr Collins is 5’-9” in height nor if that window in his model is 15.5 inches open , but the seated position /with legs slightly perpendicular seems to be quite the most natural position that fits the arrangement of the boxes as were allegedly first photographed before the 2nd configuration photos introduced suspicion that the scene was created by conspirators after the fact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2023, 11:35:53 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2023, 11:59:36 PM »
Looks to me like Mr.Collins has empirically demonstrated that  the seated position is plausible and is actually a comfortable position for the gunman from which he can hide himself (and rifle) from the Hughes film angle , then he can easily move his rifle to a shooting position when the JFK limo begins down Elm st.

This refutes the  CT “Cramped Snipers Nest” argument that the shooter would have had an awkward position if the boxes were so stacked as per the WC photos,

IDK if Mr Collins is 5’-9” in height nor if that window in his model is 15.5 inches open , but the seated position /with legs slightly perpendicular seems to be quite the most natural position that fits the arrangement of the boxes as were allegedly first photographed before the 2nd configuration photos introduced suspicion that the scene was created by conspirators after the fact.

I am about 5'9" tall. The window opening in the masonry is 14" above the finished floor. The window stool is 2" above the opening in the masonry. And the window is open 19" above the stool. The boxes are dimensions very carefully derived (thanks again for the help) from the WC photos, the ones with the rulers alongside the boxes. The model can be modified if I made any mistakes.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2023, 11:20:16 AM »

Only a tiny patch of your shirt is visible and you’re wearing bright, contrasting colors.

It is a matter of lighting and resulting shadows. When the referenced photo was taken, I didn’t yet have the lighting set up to simulate the actual lighting at 12:30 pm on 11/22/63 in Dealey Plaza. And, when the photo website I use becomes useable again, I will post some photos that demonstrate revised lighting to show that the angle of the sun at 12:30 pm on 11/22.63 reduces those shadows. Plus a thinner arm without a loose fitting shirt sleeve would reduce the shadows further.

Brennan somehow thought he saw this person from the belt up at the time of the shot. I don’t see how that is remotely possible, so what else did he imagine/embellish?

Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.

I will show you, with photographic evidence, that it is possible. Unfortunately we have to wait until the photo sharing website is useable again. I think Brennan is “guesstimating” (because he must not have remembered exactly how much of the man he could see) when he says “a possibility.” But it appears to me (from my experiments) that Brennan saw almost down to the belt, but not quite.

Okay, it appears that the photo sharing website is back up again. So, here is a photo showing the new light source located to simulate the position of the sun at 12:30 pm on 11/22/63. According to the US Naval Observatory website this would be at an altitude of 37-degrees and an azimuth of 184.9-degrees. I used a laser level and accounted for the orientation of the TSBD at 15-degrees counterclockwise from due north.

Here is a photo, from Brennan’s simulated angle, using the new (simulated sun position) light source. This depicts the sniper looking towards the Main & Houston Streets intersection. The t-shirt is light colored to go along with the description by Brennan.

And here is a photo showing the firing position. Note that the shadows cast on the light colored shirt are discernible but the portion of the shirt that is in the shadows is still visible.

For those who might declare that LHO didn’t own a light colored shirt, please see CE 520 in the lower part of the photo below. It is a dingy white t-shirt, versus the bright white, that we identify with the dress shirts worn by men with their coats & ties. So, I think this might account for Brennan’s description of “possible khaki” colored.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 11:23:56 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2023, 11:20:16 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2023, 08:24:59 PM »
I think Brennan is “guesstimating” (because he must not have remembered exactly how much of the man he could see) when he says “a possibility.”

I think Brennan is guessing about being able to recognize the person too.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2023, 08:28:24 PM »
Thanks for the revised photos.  Sure, if the shooter put the rifle down, looked directly at Brennan, and was only a few feet away, you have a point.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2023, 08:28:24 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2023, 09:33:28 PM »
Thanks for the revised photos.  Sure, if the shooter put the rifle down, looked directly at Brennan, and was only a few feet away, you have a point.

That’s ridiculous and typical of you.   ::)

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2023, 01:28:25 AM »
LOL… Mr. I is right,  camera angle may be correct. but the actual longer distance would probably make the head much smaller.

Never the less, this a good experiment and you might add some more wall and complete the  whole window and some % of wall and ceiling above it to see if any more shadow is cast on the face.

Euins seems to have seen only the upper portion of the gunmans head ( the bald spot) while the rest of the face apparently was in shadow.

The photos  maybe have clarified a curiosity why Euins and some other witness thought the rifle was sticking OUT the window. It appears to me that it might just be an illusion of the perspective and the angle of the rifle barrel in relation to the outer box on the window ledge.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2023, 01:28:25 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »
Fantastic thread!