Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nest  (Read 5584 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Nest
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2023, 12:51:36 AM »
Advertisement
Here’s a few photos from over the shoulder to try to address James Hackerott’s question regarding the conduit’s potential interference, etc. The first one is with the rifle resting down in the lap area. The conduit is close to the left arm but not interfering

The next three photos are while aiming at the three different targets, Z161, Z225, and Z313. Again the conduit is close but doesn’t interfere. I frankly didn’t even realize that it was even there during the aiming proceedures.  I think that one reason it isn’t in the way is that the left arm needs to be extended to near the southwest edge of box A for support. The hand is even past that box edge for the shot at Z313.

I believe that the conduit would interfere with a shot at the target for the Z133 position. But the corner of box B is completely blocking that shot from a sitting position. So, I am changing my thinking about an intentional shot that early. If there was one that early, I think it was likely an inadvertent shot that missed the entire limo. I just find it hard to believe that an assassin would intentionally stand up for that shot and then have to change his position to a sitting one. He had to know that there was only a short time span available to shoot. And intentionally spending any of that time changing positions seems unlikely to me. Max Holland thinks he did, but I disagree.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2023, 12:51:36 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2023, 07:32:16 PM »
Here’s a few photos from over the shoulder to try to address James Hackerott’s question regarding the conduit’s potential interference, etc. The first one is with the rifle resting down in the lap area. The conduit is close to the left arm but not interfering
“Thanks very much for this study.”

The next three photos are while aiming at the three different targets, Z161, Z225, and Z313. Again the conduit is close but doesn’t interfere. I frankly didn’t even realize that it was even there during the aiming proceedures.  I think that one reason it isn’t in the way is that the left arm needs to be extended to near the southwest edge of box A for support. The hand is even past that box edge for the shot at Z313.
“I’m interested “if” the conduit, as planned by the sniper, was helpful for lateral stabilization. I realize only his left shoulder would be in contact with the conduit, but do you think the sniper could have used the conduit to a slight advantage? As a side note, I’ve just wondered if the rifle sling might have been used during the shooting.”

I believe that the conduit would interfere with a shot at the target for the Z133 position. But the corner of box B is completely blocking that shot from a sitting position. So, I am changing my thinking about an intentional shot that early. If there was one that early, I think it was likely an inadvertent shot that missed the entire limo. I just find it hard to believe that an assassin would intentionally stand up for that shot and then have to change his position to a sitting one. He had to know that there was only a short time span available to shoot. And intentionally spending any of that time changing positions seems unlikely to me. Max Holland thinks he did, but I disagree.

“Exactly!
Excerpt from the WC testimony of Mr. Ronald B. Fischer
Mr. BELIN - Now, would you describe what you saw as you were standing on that curb?
Mr. FISCHER - About 10 or 15 seconds before the parade--first car of the parade came around the corner.
Mr. BELIN - Now what corner is that?
Mr. FISCHER - Of Houston and Main.
Mr. BELIN - Uh-huh.
Mr. FISCHER - Which would have been the first time we could have seen any of the cars because of the building---about 10 or 15 seconds before the first car came around that corner, Bob punched me and said, "Look at that guy there in that window." And he made some remark---said, "He looks like he's uncomfortable"--or something.
And I looked up and I watched the man for, oh, I'd say, 10 or 15 seconds. It was until the first car came around the corner of Houston and Main. And, then, when that car did come around the corner, I took my attention off of the man in the window and started watching the parade. The man held my attention for 10 or 15 seconds, because he appeared uncomfortable for one, and, secondly, he wasn't watching-uh---he didn't look like he was watching for the parade. He looked like he was looking down toward the Trinity River and the triple underpass down at the end-toward the end of Elm Street. And--uh--all the time I watched him, he never moved his head, he never-he never moved anything. Just was there transfixed. “

I believe the assassin planned to start shooting as the limousine cleared the oak tree, circa Z223.

When I was developing a 3D view replicating the filmed nest boxes scene by Tom Alyea I determined the big Scott Foresman box (D?) was rotated about 40 degrees to the window bricks. I today plotted that on a Dealey Plaza map and found an extended perpendicular line from west face of the box is very near where JFK was about Z223.

So Charles, would you mind checking the angle that the box “D” (I think) makes with with the window bricks and see if a 40 degree rotation makes a difference to the conduit becoming more in play?

Thanks for your help. Please don’t dissemble the nest for a while if you can  ;).

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 12:05:18 AM »
Sure James, I am happy to try. It looks like we are very close on the angle to begin with (before I change anything). As my original first trial, I have set it at 41.329-degrees already (calculated with triangle calculator) versus your 40-degrees. Don’t worry about this model being demolished. I do not plan to disassemble the model anytime soon. So feel free to make suggestions. Thanks.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 12:05:18 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2023, 12:19:03 AM »
Sure James, I am happy to try. It looks like we are very close on the angle to begin with (before I change anything). As my original first trial, I have set it at 41.329-degrees already (calculated with triangle calculator) versus your 40-degrees. Don’t worry about this model being demolished. I do not plan to disassemble the model anytime soon. So feel free to make suggestions. Thanks.
Okay, your measurement is more than close enough to 40 degrees, and more than fine for my needs. Thanks!

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2023, 12:50:56 AM »
Okay, your measurement is more than close enough to 40 degrees, and more than fine for my needs. Thanks!

Okay, I will leave it there for now. Thanks.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2023, 12:50:56 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2023, 05:47:20 PM »

This is great work, Charles, and fascinating.  Try to imagine Brennan identifying you in this position.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 05:47:49 PM by John Iacoletti »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2023, 08:14:51 PM »
This is great work, Charles, and fascinating.  Try to imagine Brennan identifying you in this position.

Thanks. Brennan had a much different angle than that though. I took these photos a little while ago from the angle that I estimate Brennan had.

I don’t think Brennan would have had any difficulty from his angle. The last photo is to demonstrate that all the assassin had to do to “disappear” from Brennan’s view of the window was to sit up straight on box D (my hand with the remote shutter button can be seen to the camera right of the model).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2023, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2023, 09:58:11 PM »
Thanks. Keeping in mind that Brennan was a lot farther away and at a steeper angle.