Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Where have we seen this before?  (Read 11556 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Where have we seen this before?
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2023, 01:42:01 PM »
Advertisement
Even leftist CNN acknowledges this fact:

CNN:
Illicit fentanyl that originates abroad is one of the most damaging weapons employed against our homeland, destroying lives and families across our country.

The drug is the leading cause of death for Americans ages 18 to 49, according to a Washington Post analysis. And based on figures released by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an average of 195 Americans died every single day in 2021 due to this lethal drug, which is primarily smuggled into the US from Mexico. To put that in perspective, that is about the equivalent of the death total on 9/11 about every 15 days.

I don't care what CNN or the Washington Post says or doesn't say. Claims are made all the time. That doesn't make them automatically true.

But now we know that when it suits your purpose you'll gladly take the word of "leftist" media? Are you one of those fools who believes everything he reads in a paper or hears on TV or Radio?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2023, 01:42:01 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2023, 02:08:58 PM »
I don't care what CNN or the Washington Post says or doesn't say. Claims are made all the time. That doesn't make them automatically true.

But now we know that when it suits your purpose you'll gladly take the word of "leftist" media? Are you one of those fools who believes everything he reads in a paper or hears on TV or Radio?

So you don't believe that over 100,000 Americans died from drug overdoses as reported by the CDC?  And you don't believe these drugs are coming from Mexico even though the Biden administration acknowledges that fact?  It is widely accepted that fentanyl - which is the source of most of these deaths - originates in China and comes to America via the open Southern border.  I'm not aware of anyone on the left or right that disputes these facts.  Maybe Google it and you will find numerous sources to avoid embarrassing yourself further.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2023, 02:40:25 PM »
Richard seems to equate drug smuggling with decent respectable "dreamers" trying to better themselves because they believe the US is "exceptional" (LOL) and that anyone can be a millionaire BS.

"Huh?  You don't believe the Biden administrations own data? 
     And I'm blowing this out of proportion.  The data indicates a
     record number of illegal bordering crossings.  Where do you
     think those people end up?  And a record number of deaths. 
     There were twice the number of American deaths from drugs
     crossing the border in 2022 than in the entire Vietnam war."

Misconception 2: “Building a wall would greatly reduce heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, and fentanyl trafficking.”

Proponents of a border wall often claim that it would help the United States solve its opioid addiction problem by blocking heroin smugglers from Mexico. This reveals a misunderstanding of how cross-border smuggling works.

The vast majority of the drug that enters from Mexico does so through “ports of entry”—the 48 official land crossings through which millions of people, vehicles, and cargo pass every day. “Heroin seizures almost predominantly are through the port of entry and either carried in a concealed part of a vehicle or carried by an individual,” then-U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Gil Kerlikowske told a congressional committee last year. “We don’t get much heroin seized by Border Patrol coming through, I think just because there are a lot of risks to the smugglers and the difficulty of trying to smuggle it through,” he said.

“The most common method employed by Mexican TCOs [Transnational Criminal Organizations] involves transporting drugs in vehicles through U.S. ports of entry (POEs),” the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) reported in its 2016 National Drug Threat Assessment. “Illicit drugs are smuggled into the United States in concealed compartments within passenger vehicles or commingled with legitimate goods on tractor trailers,” according to the document.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2023, 02:40:25 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2023, 02:43:05 PM »
So you don't believe that over 100,000 Americans died from drug overdoses as reported by the CDC?  And you don't believe these drugs are coming from Mexico even though the Biden administration acknowledges that fact?  It is widely accepted that fentanyl - which is the source of most of these deaths - originates in China and comes to America via the open Southern border.  I'm not aware of anyone on the left or right that disputes these facts.  Maybe Google it and you will find numerous sources to avoid embarrassing yourself further.

It is widely accepted that fentanyl - which is the source of most of these deaths - originates in China

"Widely accepted"?

It is widely accepted that Donald Trump, when he was President, was considered to be an embarrasment and a fool by most, if not all, European leaders. Do you accept that also?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2023, 04:11:17 PM »
Richard seems to equate drug smuggling with decent respectable "dreamers" trying to better themselves because they believe the US is "exceptional" (LOL) and that anyone can be a millionaire BS.

I'm not following.  "Dreamers" are children brought to the US years ago.  That has nothing to do with the current situation or discussion.  The point is clear and undisputed.  Here they are again:

1) The US has had a record number of drug overdose deaths.  Over 100,000 last year.  Double the American death toll for the entire Vietnam war.  That is a fact widely reported by the media and confirmed by the CDC.  For some inexplicable reason, Martin disputed that fact but without providing a reason much less supporting information. 

2) The drugs that are causing these deaths are coming across the Southern border in the form of fentanyl.  No one, including the leftists, dispute this fact.  Martin is the only person that I ever heard argue that there is any doubt about where this drug is coming from.  Even CNN confirms that the drugs are coming across the border.  The open border policy allows for these drugs to reach the US more easily.  The record number of drug deaths corresponds with the record increase in the number of illegal border crossings. There is a correlation between these events.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2023, 04:11:17 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2023, 05:23:24 PM »
I'm not following.

You're equating drug smuggling with ordinarily non-criminal working folks who cross the border in hopes of a better life, when you wrote:

I pointed out that drug smugglers don't use the migrants to smuggle drugs. "The vast majority of the drug that enters from Mexico does so through “ports of entry”—the 48 official land crossings through which millions of people, vehicles, and cargo pass every day."

The idea that ordinary people are carrying backpacks full of drugs or have leprosy or whatever is fearmongering from American degenerates, like MAGA-tards, Republicans, American evangelicals and the "moral majority".

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2023, 06:13:10 PM »
You're equating drug smuggling with ordinarily non-criminal working folks who cross the border in hopes of a better life, when you wrote:

I pointed out that drug smugglers don't use the migrants to smuggle drugs. "The vast majority of the drug that enters from Mexico does so through “ports of entry”—the 48 official land crossings through which millions of people, vehicles, and cargo pass every day."

The idea that ordinary people are carrying backpacks full of drugs or have leprosy or whatever is fearmongering from American degenerates, like MAGA-tards, Republicans, American evangelicals and the "moral majority".

"The vast majority of the drug that enters from Mexico does so through “ports of entry”—the 48 official land crossings through which millions of people, vehicles, and cargo pass every day."

Indeed... or by speed boats or self made mini submarines....

But none of that fits Richard's fear mongering narrative.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2023, 06:13:10 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2023, 06:56:43 PM »

You have provided no facts.  What we know is that there is both a record number of drug deaths and a record number of illegal immigrants crossing the border.  No one has suggested that every or even most of these illegals are transporting drugs.  That is just the usual leftist race baiting.  EVEN if it were true that the drugs are crossing from Mexico to the US via "ports of entry" that means there are not enough border agents to protect Americans.  And the vast influx of illegals flooding across the border are taking resources away from those efforts.  And many folks enter the US illegally via "ports of entry."