Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: “Something to think about”  (Read 6027 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: “Something to think about”
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 02:00:02 PM »
Advertisement
If Oswald was worried about his daughter (or the young children of the two men who he murdered) he would not have committed the crime in the first place.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 02:00:02 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 02:08:03 PM »
If Oswald was worried about his daughter (or the young children of the two men who he murdered) he would not have committed the crime in the first place.

Duh, it goes both ways. Oswald didn't know he was going to be set up as a patsy for the murder. So of course an innocent man would be worried about his kid getting new shoes. They probably had already talked about it before he was falsely arrested. Duh.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 02:36:35 PM »
Duh, it goes both ways. Oswald didn't know he was going to be set up as a patsy for the murder. So of course an innocent man would be worried about his kid getting new shoes. They probably had already talked about it before he was falsely arrested. Duh.

He talked about it with Marina and left her most of the money that he had.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 02:36:35 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023, 03:02:07 PM »

He was so worried about his wife and kids that he was trying to ship them back to Russia.  LOL.   Oswald didn't give a hoot about them.  He forever placed them under a black cloud due to their connection with him and his murderous legacy.  They had to live their entire lives with that unfair notoriety. 

Online Jon Banks

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 03:18:52 PM »
At the end of the day, we're all speculating. I just wish some would be more humble and admit that it's not possible to know with absolute certainty that others weren't involved or what Oswald's motives were if he did in fact do it alone...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 03:18:52 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2023, 03:27:54 PM »
At the end of the day, we're all speculating. I just wish some would be more humble and admit that it's not possible to know with absolute certainty that others weren't involved or what Oswald's motives were if he did in fact do it alone...

Absolute certainty is an unreasonable standard in human affairs.  No conclusion could ever be reached if absolute certainty is the standard. Oswald himself probably couldn't articulate his motive with absolute certainty.  His act was not a rational one.  What we have is the evidence.  And the evidence links Oswald to this crime beyond doubt.  There is no credible evidence in nearly six decades that links any other person to this crime. 

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2023, 03:45:54 PM »

He was a man of the political left (imagine a young Oswald and Redlich marching down Broadway Avenue together protesting on behalf of the Rosenbergs?).

If LHO had lived to go to trial, and Abt had declined to defend him, I suppose it is possible that Redlich might have stepped up and volunteered.

Here’s something about Redlich that I found in Wikipedia that is interesting. I have read Belin’s books and am familiar with his theory.

He was credited with disproving the Belin Theory, which related to a city bus ticket in Lee Harvey Oswald's pocket helping him escape to Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Redlich

Does anyone know the source of the claim that Redlich disproved Belin’s theory?
Never heard/read that he "disproved" the theory. Not sure how he could have done that. The Shenon book has this account on Belin's theory:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2023, 03:45:54 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2023, 03:54:03 PM »
Never heard/read that he "disproved" the theory. Not sure how he could have done that. The Shenon book has this account on Belin's theory:

Thanks, that makes sense. Now, I do believe I remember Belin writing something similar in his book regarding the WC staff discussions.