Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When the SN was built  (Read 25586 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: When the SN was built
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2023, 04:15:50 PM »
Advertisement
I think that Arnold Rowland’s associations of the radioed positions of the motorcade with the timing of his sightings appear, for the most part, pretty accurate.

"Pretty accurate"? LOL. They were extraordinarily accurate. Even Mr. Bugliosi (or whoever wrote that portion of his book) acknowledged this.

So your theory is that the guy who showcases brilliant memory about even the tiniest verifiable details bizarrely turns into a fantasist/hallucinator/liar when it comes to the 'elderly Negro'.

And why do you put forward this ridiculous theory, Mr. Collins? One reason and one reason alone: because the Warren Report tells you to. And we all know why you're here: to defend the Warren Report version of events at all costs, even if it means debasing your own intellectual and ethical dignity (as you have been doing here on the Rowland issue).

Was Mrs. Rowland asked whether Mr. Rowland ever talked to her about all the other non-rifle-holding people he remembered in the area that day? And if her answer had been no, what significance should be given to that circumstance? Answer: none. Mr. Rowland's big preoccupation-------------not unreasonably-------------was with the man with the rifle whom he had seen.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2023, 04:15:50 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2023, 04:20:06 PM »
Five people said they saw two men on the sixth floor.

Who were they? And how many of them said so on 11/22/63.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2023, 04:27:35 PM »
"Pretty accurate"? LOL. They were extraordinarily accurate. Even Mr. Bugliosi (or whoever wrote that portion of his book) acknowledged this.

So your theory is that the guy who showcases brilliant memory about even the tiniest verifiable details bizarrely turns into a fantasist/hallucinator/liar when it comes to the 'elderly Negro'.

And why do you put forward this ridiculous theory, Mr. Collins? One reason and one reason alone: because the Warren Report tells you to. And we all know why you're here: to defend the Warren Report version of events at all costs, even if it means debasing your own intellectual and ethical dignity (as you have been doing here on the Rowland issue).

Was Mrs. Rowland asked whether Mr. Rowland ever talked to her about all the other non-rifle-holding people he remembered in the area that day? And if her answer had been no, what significance should be given to that circumstance? Answer: none. Mr. Rowland's big preoccupation-------------not unreasonably-------------was with the man with the rifle whom he had seen.

Thumb1:

They were extraordinarily accurate.

No, not all of them. If you want to insist that Rowland had the time of the motorcade at Main & Ervay “extremely accurate”, then I submit that he was about eight minutes off…
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 04:29:41 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2023, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2023, 04:40:08 PM »

They were extraordinarily accurate.

No, not all of them. If you want to insist that Rowland had the time of the motorcade at Main & Ervay “extremely accurate”, then I submit that he was about eight minutes off…

The extraordinary accuracy pertains to the fact that he not just had the presence of mind to take note of the broadcast at the time, he also recalls it perfectly. This allows the event under description to be reliably timestamped:

Mr. SPECTER - How do you fix the time that he was there until the procession reached the intersection of Commerce and Ervay?
Mr. ROWLAND - The police motorcycle was almost in front of me with the speaker on very loud, giving the relative position about every 15 or 20 seconds of the motorcade, and this is how I was able to note that.

I can't think of any civilian witness in the case with this level of attentiveness and recall. Indeed, I suspect Mr. Rowland may have been on the autism spectrum: he gives the impression of that highly developed 'left brain' aptitude that one encounters in some talented scientists, mathematicians, engineers, tech people.

If his testimony were favorable to the official story, rather than a disaster for it, you would be singing his praises. You would be feting him as the greatest witness ever!

Thumb1:

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2023, 04:51:49 PM »
The extraordinary accuracy pertains to the fact that he not just had the presence of mind to take note of the broadcast at the time, he also recalls it perfectly. This allows the event under description to be reliably timestamped:

Mr. SPECTER - How do you fix the time that he was there until the procession reached the intersection of Commerce and Ervay?
Mr. ROWLAND - The police motorcycle was almost in front of me with the speaker on very loud, giving the relative position about every 15 or 20 seconds of the motorcade, and this is how I was able to note that.

I can't think of any civilian witness in the case with this level of attentiveness and recall. Indeed, I suspect Mr. Rowland may have been on the autism spectrum: he gives the impression of that highly developed 'left brain' aptitude that one encounters in some talented scientists, mathematicians, engineers, tech people.

If his testimony were favorable to the official story, rather than a disaster for it, you would be singing his praises. You would be feting him as the greatest witness ever!

Thumb1:

Whatever became of Arnold Rowland? Must be in some advanced science field or an eccentric inventor who wishes to be anonymous.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2023, 04:51:49 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2023, 04:52:50 PM »
Whatever became of Arnold Rowland? Must be in some advanced science field or an eccentric inventor who wishes to be anonymous.

Neither, but you're actually not far off!  Thumb1:

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2023, 04:59:22 PM »

Thumb1:

This allows the event under description to be reliably timestamped

Do you believe that “Arnie’s time stamp” of the motorcade being at Main & Ervay at 12:30 was accurate?

Heck, Arnie didn’t even know that the assassination took place on a Friday, he thought it was Thursday and had to be corrected.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2023, 04:59:22 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2023, 05:10:52 PM »

This allows the event under description to be reliably timestamped

Do you believe that “Arnie’s time stamp” of the motorcade being at Main & Ervay at 12:30 was accurate?

As already explained, Mr. Collins, his clear recollection of hearing that the motorcade was at Main & Ervay is what made possible a reliable timestamp.

As for time by the clock, Mr. Rowland expressly disclaimed infallibility here:

"Let me see, the exact time I do not remember, but the man, the colored man, was in that window until the procession reached Commerce I mean Main, and Ervay."

Pure Walter Mitty stuff, eh?

Thumb1: