Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When the SN was built  (Read 25610 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: When the SN was built
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2023, 09:40:34 PM »
Advertisement
Neither of your two gotcha quotes amounts to a hill of beans, Mr. Collins:

1. He was told the 'elderly Negro' was not important. His understanding of the point of the official statement was to get down the important facts, not to include every detail.
2. Mr. Rowland did not himself understand the significance of the 'elderly Negro'---------all the significance (he thought) attached to the man with the rifle. This fact is reflected in Mrs. Rowland's memory of their conversations.
And you forgot to underline this:
Mr. BELIN. Were you present when he was with the police officers?
Mrs. ROWLAND. At times.

Of course we all know that if the 'elderly Negro' were convenient to the official story, you'd be falling over yourself in praise of Mr. Rowland's superlative powers of recall. As things stand, you brand him a liar/fantasist on the flimsiest pretext. You're nothing more than a heads-I-win-tails-you-lose defender of the official story who is pretending to do objective research.

KUTGW! Thumb1:

Specter demonstrated, with CE 358 that the FBI interview took place on Sunday the 24th, not Saturday the 23. Arnold Rowland confirmed that CE 358 was the accurate record of that interview. And nowhere in that document is there even a hint of any “sighting” of an elderly negro on the sixth floor. Arnold Rowland confirms that his wife was with him during this interview. Mrs. Arnold confirms the following:

Mr. BELIN. Were you personally with him throughout the time that he was
with the police officers?
Mrs. ROWLAND. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And he, in your presence, never said that he saw anyone on the sixth floor other than the man with the rifle?
Mrs. ROWLAND. No. He never said in my presence that there was another man other than the man with the rifle on the sixth floor.

Why do you appear to just ignore what you don’t want to contemplate? The parts I underlined (for emphasis) are only a portion of what I posted. The remainder is relevant, whether you “like it” or not.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2023, 09:40:34 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2023, 09:50:40 PM »

Specter demonstrated, with CE 358 that the FBI interview took place on Sunday the 24th, not Saturday the 23. Arnold Rowland confirmed that CE 358 was the accurate record of that interview. And nowhere in that document is there even a hint of any “sighting” of an elderly negro on the sixth floor.

Mr. Rowland will have said plenty of things in that interview that didn't make the final 'cut'. This is the case with all such documents. Are all such documents, because they are selective as to which items make the final interview report, inaccurate records of the interviews?

Mr. Rowland is simply saying that no words were put in his mouth. No contradiction between his saying this and his saying the 'elderly Negro' detail was not included.

Arnold Rowland confirms that his wife was with him during this interview. Mrs. Arnold confirms the following:

Mr. BELIN. Were you personally with him throughout the time that he was
with the police officers?
Mrs. ROWLAND. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And he, in your presence, never said that he saw anyone on the sixth floor other than the man with the rifle?
Mrs. ROWLAND. No. He never said in my presence that there was another man other than the man with the rifle on the sixth floor.

She's just said this, lol:

Mrs. ROWLAND. At times.

Of course, you chose not to underline those inconvenient words.

And round and round you go, on your entirely circular process of heads-I-win-tails-LHO-loses 'evidence-appraisal'

Yawn!

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2023, 11:17:12 PM »
Mr. Rowland will have said plenty of things in that interview that didn't make the final 'cut'. This is the case with all such documents. Are all such documents, because they are selective as to which items make the final interview report, inaccurate records of the interviews?

Mr. Rowland is simply saying that no words were put in his mouth. No contradiction between his saying this and his saying the 'elderly Negro' detail was not included.

Mrs. ROWLAND. At times.

Of course, you chose not to underline those inconvenient words.

And round and round you go, on your entirely circular process of heads-I-win-tails-LHO-loses 'evidence-appraisal'

Yawn!

Mr. Rowland had the opportunity to make any corrections when he signed the document on 11/24/63. He signed it as being accurate, his wife confirms that he didn't say anything about an elderly black man on the sixth floor at that meeting. Mr. Rowland had another opportunity to say the document was inaccurate when he testified to the WC, but instead he confirms again that it is accurate. Yet you choose to believe otherwise. Could it possibly be due to your bias? Hmm, sure seems that way to me.

Mrs. ROWLAND. At times.

That was a general question about several interviews. When it came specifically to the 11/24/63 interview Mrs. Rowland said:

Mr. BELIN.  On Sunday morning, November 24th?
Mrs. ROWLAND.  Yes.
Mr. BELIN.  Were you personally with him throughout the time that he was with the police officers?
Mrs. ROWLAND.  Yes.
Mr. BELIN.  And he, in your presence, never said that he saw anyone on the sixth floor other than the man with the rifle?
Mrs. ROWLAND.  No. He never said in my presence that there was another man other than the man with the rifle on the sixth floor.

That's a very specific set of questions and answers that spell it out in no uncertain terms. Yet, you choose to believe otherwise. Could it possibly be due to your bias? Hmm, sure seems that way to me.

There is absolutely no evidence to support Arnold's claim of seeing an elderly black man on the sixth floor. And there is credible evidence that suggests that he didn't. You were the one accusing me of not believing the elderly black man sighting simply because it didn't fit the official narrative. It sure appears to me that you are the one that has no reason whatsoever to believe the sighting of the elderly black man on the sixth floor other than it doesn't fit the official narrative and it supposedly fits your fantasy scenario.  8)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:24:33 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2023, 11:17:12 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2023, 11:32:52 PM »

Mr. Rowland had the opportunity to make any corrections when he signed the document on 11/24/63. He signed it as being accurate,

Insofar as it contained no positive misrepresentations of what he'd said, it was accurate. There were no corrections to be made

his wife confirms that he didn't say anything about an elderly black man on the sixth floor at that meeting.

At the meeting where FBI agents were dressed as police officers and "brought a written statement and asked him if that was in general what he had to say"? That one?

Mr. Rowland had another opportunity to say the document was inaccurate when he testified to the WC, but instead he confirms again that it is accurate. Yet you choose to believe otherwise. Could it possibly be due to your bias? Hmm, sure seems that way to me.

Mrs. ROWLAND. At times.

That was a general question about several interviews. When it came specifically to the 11/24/63 interview Mrs. Rowland said:

Mr. BELIN.  On Sunday morning, November 24th?
Mrs. ROWLAND.  Yes.
Mr. BELIN.  Were you personally with him throughout the time that he was with the police officers?
Mrs. ROWLAND.  Yes.
Mr. BELIN.  And he, in your presence, never said that he saw anyone on the sixth floor other than the man with the rifle?
Mrs. ROWLAND.  No. He never said in my presence that there was another man other than the man with the rifle on the sixth floor.

She is confusing visits. Mr. Rowland did not give a statement to FBI agents pretending to be police officers

Thumb1:

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2023, 11:42:47 PM »
Insofar as it contained no positive misrepresentations of what he'd said, it was accurate. There were no corrections to be made

At the meeting where FBI agents were dressed as police officers and "brought a written statement and asked him if that was in general what he had to say"? That one?

She is confusing visits. Mr. Rowland did not give a statement to FBI agents pretending to be police officers

Thumb1:

Now, you are just being silly.

Like I said regarding the sound of the siren of the ambulance. You find some insignificant detail, misrepresent it, and act like you have obliterated the whole argument. Why the heck would anyone believe anything you have to say?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2023, 11:42:47 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2023, 11:53:17 PM »

Now, you are just being silly.

Like I said regarding the sound of the siren of the ambulance. You find some insignificant detail, misrepresent it, and act like you have obliterated the whole argument. Why the heck would anyone believe anything you have to say?

~Grin~

If you were gunning for Mrs. Rowland the way you've been gunning for Mr. Rowland, you would be using this "insignificant detail" (police officers = FBI agents!) to blow up her credibility. Because that's how you work in your indefatigable defense of the official story.

I, for my part, have no interest in blowing up Mrs. Rowland's credibility (she just got confused between visits), but I am rather enjoying the spectacle of you blowing up yours

Thumb1:

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2023, 12:11:29 AM »
~Grin~

If you were gunning for Mrs. Rowland the way you've been gunning for Mr. Rowland, you would be using this "insignificant detail" (police officers = FBI agents!) to blow up her credibility. Because that's how you work in your indefatigable defense of the official story.

I, for my part, have no interest in blowing up Mrs. Rowland's credibility (she just got confused between visits), but I am rather enjoying the spectacle of you blowing up yours

Thumb1:

So, now you are claiming that police officers made a separate interview, but there is no record or evidence of this “visit”?  ???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2023, 12:11:29 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2023, 12:27:19 AM »

So, now you are claiming that police officers made a separate interview, but there is no record or evidence of this “visit”?  ???

Mrs. Rowland talks about police officers coming with a pre-written statement and going over it with her husband. Key witnesses were visited multiple times by law enforcement; not every visit was formally written up.

With a little help from Mr. Belin, she's mixing this visit up with an F.B.I. visit.

Thumb1: