Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When the SN was built  (Read 25585 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: When the SN was built
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2023, 09:49:22 PM »
Advertisement
This thread about the construction of the rifle rest has given a new understanding to what LHO was doing between the departure of the floor laying crew and the arrival of BRW. A big question is what LHO would have done if BRW had actually gone over to where LHO was sitting. Would he have decided to not shoot at JFK or just killed BRW.

Oswald likely scouted and/or knew from his experience in working in the building the various locations that offered the best combintations of seclusion and shooting angle.  If it had turned out that a group of folks were on the 6th floor, he probably would have just gone up to the 7th floor where there would have been no one.  I think the ledge under the 7th floor window might have been the reason he didn't do that in the first place.  Just speculation, though, as it turned out to be unnecessary.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2023, 09:49:22 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2023, 09:49:46 PM »
So when do you think the sounds of the ambulance arrival happened?

You can freaking read.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2023, 09:51:16 PM »

You can freaking read.

Why can't you answer, Mr. Collins?

At what time do you believe the sounds of the ambulance arrival happened?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2023, 09:51:16 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2023, 10:26:59 PM »
Why can't you answer, Mr. Collins?

At what time do you believe the sounds of the ambulance arrival happened?

Maybe you can’t read.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2023, 10:33:25 PM »
Maybe you can’t read.

~Grin~

Maybe I can, and maybe that's why you don't wish to answer the question: What time do you believe the sounds of the ambulance arrival happened?

Another way of asking this question would be: What time do you believe Mr. Oswald heard the sounds of the ambulance arrival?

Another way of asking this question would be: What time do you believe Mr. Oswald was spotted by Mr. Rowland near the SW window of the sixth floor?

Take your pick, Mr. Collins!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2023, 10:33:25 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #213 on: February 11, 2023, 11:23:06 PM »
~Grin~

Maybe I can, and maybe that's why you don't wish to answer the question: What time do you believe the sounds of the ambulance arrival happened?

Another way of asking this question would be: What time do you believe Mr. Oswald heard the sounds of the ambulance arrival?

Another way of asking this question would be: What time do you believe Mr. Oswald was spotted by Mr. Rowland near the SW window of the sixth floor?

Take your pick, Mr. Collins!  Thumb1:

This is so typical of the nonsense spouted by the CT and nay sayer crowd. One perceived minor discrepancy and they act like they have completely obliterated the whole thing.    ::)

The timing of the sound of the siren isn’t critical to the theory (and remember this is only conjecture). There was some commotion associated with the epileptic event before the ambulance arrived. It was enough to get Mrs. Rowland’s attention (she reportedly saw it about the same time that Arnold Rowland was seeing the man with the rifle). Between the onset of the epileptic seizure and the time of the arrival of the ambulance there was likely commotion that could be heard on the sixth floor of the TSBD. Perhaps someone calling for help, or a traffic cop stopping traffic by using his whistle, etc. The point is that the commotion associated with the event could have caused him to look to see if the motorcade was approaching. (And unlike you and your silly theories, I present this as conjecture.)

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2023, 01:10:52 AM »
Oswald likely scouted and/or knew from his experience in working in the building the various locations that offered the best combintations of seclusion and shooting angle.  If it had turned out that a group of folks were on the 6th floor, he probably would have just gone up to the 7th floor where there would have been no one.  I think the ledge under the 7th floor window might have been the reason he didn't do that in the first place.  Just speculation, though, as it turned out to be unnecessary.

There are a lot of "ifs" that determined the outcome. If Marina would have agreed to look at apartments that day for one.

I don’t think the 7th floor windows can be opened and I don’t know about the roof. Like you said, LHO probably had searched for an alternative. He obviously saw they were working on that floor.

LHO ended up choosing the best location with the way the road slopes away from the building. He would not have had to adjust his aim much to correct for the movement of the car. No other window in the building would have worked as well except maybe the floor below.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2023, 01:10:52 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2023, 01:21:02 AM »

Of course any answer would just be conjecture. But my theory on it is this. There is credible evidence, in my opinion, from Arnold Rowland of seeing someone who resembled LHO with a rifle at the west end of the sixth floor for no more than 30-seconds sometime around 12:15 but no later than about 12:25. So my much earlier opinion that LHO was sitting in the sniper’s nest the whole time BRW was eating his lunch seems questionable.

It appears to me that LHO probably went to the west end of the sixth floor, shortly after Givens left, to retrieve his rifle that he hid there that morning. Before he could take the rifle back to the already prepared sniper’s nest, BRW came up to the sixth floor and ate his lunch. LHO stayed quiet and out of sight near the stairwell on the sixth floor. If BRW had come over that way LHO could have left via the stairs. When the sounds of the ambulance arrival happened LHO probably felt the need to find out if that was the motorcade arriving. If it had been the motorcade, LHO could have fired shots from the west window before anyone could stop him. However, once BRW left, LHO was able to go to the sniper’s nest in the SE corner as he originally planned.

If the above is wrong, and LHO actually was in the sniper’s nest the whole time, and BRW had come over there and had seen him, he could have simply said he was waiting to see the motorcade. This is provided his rifle was not in the line of sight of BRW. Perhaps the rifle was on the floor against the tall stack of boxes, this would be out of sight of anyone not inside the tiny sniper’s nest but close enough for LHO to grab it when needed. I don’t see any scenario where LHO would kill BRW before the motorcade arrived. That would create too much noise and draw unwanted attention which would cause an abortiion of the assassination anyway.

I would not give Rowland’s sighting any credibility at all, but in reality, it changes nothing. The rest of the conjecture is entirely possible. LHO was obviously hiding there somewhere.