Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When the SN was built  (Read 25598 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: When the SN was built
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2023, 12:38:54 AM »
Advertisement
I just happened to run across the Powell photo of the TSBD just after the shots. I couldn't help but notice that BRW does appear to be an elderly black man to me. It might just be the sunlight/shadows playing visual tricks, but that's the appearance that I see.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2023, 12:38:54 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2023, 06:19:53 AM »
I just happened to run across the Powell photo of the TSBD just after the shots. I couldn't help but notice that BRW does appear to be an elderly black man to me. It might just be the sunlight/shadows playing visual tricks, but that's the appearance that I see.

It might be the fact that you're looking at a grainy photograph, lol

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2023, 07:26:01 AM »
It might be the fact that you're looking at a grainy photograph, lol

Then it's a good match for Arnold Rowland's eyesight.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2023, 07:26:01 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2023, 11:05:31 AM »

~Grin~

Do let us know when you guys have come up with something substantial!  Thumb1:

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2023, 11:52:18 AM »

Yes, only so much detail can be discerned from the distance Arnold Rowland was from the TSBD. Even he indicated the distance prevented him from being able to identify the man with the rifle. Here's a relative close up from professional photographer Dillard. And, to me BRW looks older than he really was. Also, consider that Arnold Rowland was only 18-years old on 11/22/63. To a teenager, "elderly" is quite different to what a middle-aged person would consider elderly.

I can see how Arnold Rowland (from his distance to the TSBD) might describe BRW as appearing elderly.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2023, 11:52:18 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2023, 01:13:38 PM »

Yes, only so much detail can be discerned from the distance Arnold Rowland was from the TSBD. Even he indicated the distance prevented him from being able to identify the man with the rifle. Here's a relative close up from professional photographer Dillard. And, to me BRW looks older than he really was. Also, consider that Arnold Rowland was only 18-years old on 11/22/63. To a teenager, "elderly" is quite different to what a middle-aged person would consider elderly.

I can see how Arnold Rowland (from his distance to the TSBD) might describe BRW as appearing elderly.

Still nothing substantial? Oh dear!

What's next? A Soopah-Doopah-Sun-Analysis from Mr. Organ showing that Mr. Rowland's 'elderly Negro' was in fact Mr. Oswald, and the man with the gun over on the west end an hallucination brought on by migraine?

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination...............

:D

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2023, 03:13:22 PM »
Something else that I noticed on a photo of the sniper's nest is what appears to be small gaps between the flooring and the wall with a few cracks all the way to the floor below. This could be the reason that, I believe it was BRW, had some dust and debris fall on his head. Dust and dirt, etc. would tend to collect in the gap and the concussion of the shots could have shaken it loose to fall through the cracks.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2023, 03:13:22 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2023, 02:18:42 PM »
Something else that I noticed on a photo of the sniper's nest is what appears to be small gaps between the flooring and the wall with a few cracks all the way to the floor below. This could be the reason that, I believe it was BRW, had some dust and debris fall on his head. Dust and dirt, etc. would tend to collect in the gap and the concussion of the shots could have shaken it loose to fall through the cracks.

Good point. And that crack is right above where BRW would have had his head, as per the Dillard photo, as he looked out the window.

So we can now pin point exactly where the dust came from.

Small point but interesting all the same.