Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When the SN was built  (Read 23645 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: When the SN was built
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2023, 02:02:45 AM »
Advertisement
     -- "JFK First Day Evidence" (1993 book)

Irrelevant as it is about what happened the second time the evidence was given to the FBI.

The first time this happened was on Friday evening at around 11 PM. It was flown to Washington, examined and returned to the DPD on Saturday, when Oswald was still alive.
The FBI found no trace of a print on the rifle, yet Day said nothing about the print he had allegedly lifted from the rifle until the evidence was turned over to the FBI the second time!

Why did Day stay silent after the FBI found no print or even a trace of a lifted print? What possible reason could Day have had to say nothing?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2023, 02:02:45 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2023, 04:14:49 AM »
According to Rusty, "Drain was half listening to Lieutenant Day and half to the other FBI man and evidently didn't get the word about the palm print at that time."

“Evidently”.

Or Day never said a word to Drain because it didn’t exist yet.

Rusty to the rescue 30 years later with his magic briefcase…

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2023, 11:20:23 AM »
“However much you deny the truth, the truth goes on existing” — George Orwell

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2023, 11:20:23 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2023, 12:11:31 PM »
Gary Savage, “JFK First Day Evidence”, page 77 (quote of R.W. Livingston):

….“I am sure that Lieutenant Day, who was in charge of the Crime Lab, dusted the rifle that was found on the sixth floor of the School Book Depository, and lifted a partial palm print off the underside of the barrel after the rifle was taken apart. 2. They had the actual print there in the office that night. I compared it my self with Oswald’s palm print, and it looked to me like there was enough there to say yes, it was Oswald’s palm print. I think all the other people on the day shift had already looked at the palm print before I arrived that night, but I went ahead and looked at the palm print myself and was satisfied that it was Oswald’s.”

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2023, 01:47:46 PM »
Irrelevant as it is about what happened the second time the evidence was given to the FBI.

The first time this happened was on Friday evening at around 11 PM. It was flown to Washington, examined and returned to the DPD on Saturday, when Oswald was still alive.
The FBI found no trace of a print on the rifle, yet Day said nothing about the print he had allegedly lifted from the rifle until the evidence was turned over to the FBI the second time!

Why did Day stay silent after the FBI found no print or even a trace of a lifted print? What possible reason could Day have had to say nothing?

So many false premises, contradictions, and absence of common sense and logic.  Here you are alleging that the fact that Day did not mention the print to anyone means that he fabricated that evidence.  You can't even prove that he didn't mention it to anyone.  But even if he didn't, why would he lie to fabricate evidence after Oswald was dead?  There would be no prosecution of Oswald by the DPD.  If the DPD was satisfied by the evidence without this print - and they were, and there would never be any trial why in the world would someone risk their reputation and career lying about the evidence in the most important case in his career?  It makes absolutely no sense.  In fact, it is baseless and idiotic.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2023, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2023, 02:35:13 PM »
My recollection is that some of those boxes didn't even contain books.

Might be right, if nothing else, using the prevailing Conspiracy Land Logic, LHO took all the books out and then retaped the empty box during the actual shooting and then ran to the lunchroom where he encountered Officer Baker. Totally innocent. Really, it could have happened that way you know.

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2023, 02:39:38 PM »
So lack of fingerprints on the top is somehow relevant, but not lack of fingerprints anywhere else. Nice special pleading. But the real question is, how are fingerprints anywhere on a cardboard box evidence of murder?

According to the claim you made of LHO’s innocence that is exactly right. His fingerprints place him building the SN and not the result if him retrieving books from the box. If there is a better candidate for the assassin, other than the individual who built the SN and brought his rifle to the TSBD where it was found on the 6th floor and matched to the shells, bullet and fragments, now would be a good time to reveal who it is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2023, 02:39:38 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2023, 03:16:21 PM »
Here’s CE 506 which depicts the position of the clipboard when found. This is the first time I have seen this photo. I cannot help but speculate that the rifle was hidden amongst those boxes when LHO arrived at the TSBD that morning. And that he might have left his clipboard there as he retrieved his rifle just after being seen by Givens.