Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was the Stemmons Freeway sign removed?  (Read 32118 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Was the Stemmons Freeway sign removed?
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »
Advertisement
Mystery guest #2, said the Divine Miss M
She also had one of the greatest lines of all when she said she was there to look at faces, not clothes.

Actually she said "I thought you wanted me to describe their clothing", when Ball didn't ask a single thing about their clothing.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2018, 02:11:03 AM »
Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in the lineup?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You did not? Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. From their face, no.

So she was there to look at faces which she couldn't recognise?

At the end of the day you can attempt to make fun of Markham not understanding the odd question and being nervous but all that matters is what she saw on the 22nd and she saw Lee Harvey Oswald kill J D Tippit and as Oswald left the scene he was identified by even more who all positively identified Oswald fiddling with a weapon

Mr. BALL. What about number two, what did you mean when you said number two?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Number two was the man I saw shoot the policeman.

Mr. BELIN - What did you see then?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I then pulled on up and I seen this officer standing by the door. The door was open to the car, and I was pretty close to him, and I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car.

Mr. BELIN. Did you see anything else as you heard her screaming?
Mrs. V DAVIS. Well, we saw Oswald. We didn't know it was Oswald at the time. We saw that boy cut across the lawn emptying the shells out of the gun.

Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in that room?
Mrs. B DAVIS. Yes, sir. I recognized number 2.

Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.
Mr. BALL. You mean he looked like the same man?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes.

Mr. BALL. Then what did you do?
Mr. GUINYARD. I was looking--trying to see and after I heard the third shot, then Oswald came through on Patton running---came right through the yard in front of the big white house---there's a big two-story white house---there's two of them there and he come through the one right on the corner of Patton.

Mr. LIEBELER. Let me show you some pictures that we have here. I show you a picture that has been marked Garner Exhibit No. 1 and ask you if that is the man that you saw going down the street on the 22d of November as you have already told us.
Mr.REYNOLDS. Yes.

Mr. BELIN. Four? Did any one of the people look anything like strike that. Did you identify anyone in the lineup?
Mr. SCOGGINS. I identified the one we are talking about, Oswald. I identified him.

RUSSELL positively identified a photograph of LEE HARVEY OSWALD, New Orleans Police Department # 112723, taken August 9, 1963, as being identical with the individual he had observed at the scene of the shooting of Dallas Police Officer J.D. TIPPIT on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, at Dallas, Texas.

JohnM

Offline Howard Gee

« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2018, 02:30:29 AM »
Markham might not be the sharpest tool in the shed or a very good witness but the case against Saint Patsy in Tippit's murder is air tight.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2018, 02:30:29 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »
Markham might not be the sharpest tool in the shed or a very good witness but the case against Saint Patsy in Tippit's murder is air tight.

Only in your strange world, Howard.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2018, 12:23:50 AM »
LOL.  Did you actually read the comments?  How about this one?

"The one Dr. BA posted above seems a little off, to me. There?s too much difference in the color shift between the astronaut, and the LM and background mountains. The bigger shift creates too great a false parallax, making it tough to resolve."

I suppose he's being "dishonest" too.  Why can't you take the slightest bit of criticism without flipping out?

If you knew what you were talking about you'd be dangerous.

Out of all the comments there was only 1 guy who was looking at a different composite to mine but he felt there was too much separation which made it difficult for him to recombine.

Whereas when I make anaglyphs, I take into consideration the left and right separation since the end result works better and feels more comfortable when it mimics our actual eyes.

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:27:49 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2018, 12:23:50 AM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2023, 11:05:24 PM »
As per Jim Marrs , WFAA Chanel 8 news cast that within a week of the assassination there was talk of the Stemmons Freeway sign being taken down because of bullet holes in it . There was speculation that Hoovers group took down the sign .  Google up " The Stemmons Freeway Sign and the Lamppost " . On Wednesday November 27 , 1963 , Pete Barnes of the Dallas Police Crime Lab visited Dealey Plaza and took a series of photos with a speed graphic camera . He had made a cardboard sign of the Stemmons freeway sign to use as a comparison since the Original Stemmons Freeway sign had been taken down . He was trying to compare the Zapruder film frames to the Barnes frames and also with photos .

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2023, 03:55:13 AM »
The sign can be seen as late as the summer of 1964. Maybe they replaced it with an identical sign shortly after the assassination, but that seems unlikely.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2023, 03:55:13 AM »