Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Floor-Laying Crew  (Read 21065 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The Floor-Laying Crew
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2023, 04:28:59 PM »
Advertisement
At the time of Oswald’s arrest, they had no evidence to charge him with murder. They didn’t even have evidence for probable cause to make an arrest.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2023, 04:28:59 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2023, 06:06:07 PM »

Debunked ages ago.

What exactly has been debunked?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2023, 06:16:29 PM »

Thank you! Here are some of my impressions of the Sixth Floor Museum interview:

There is nothing in it that led me to believe there was an “outside crew” on the sixth floor.

Norman doesn’t remember seeing the 6’-2” worker on 11/22/63, (I believed that he was describing a coworker who he regularly discussed boxing with from listening to the tape).

Norman’s assertions that there was no coercion from any of the authorities who interviewed him, including the WC, to try to get him to testify to anything but the truth are some of the most important statements that he made. Another one is that Norman confirms that everything in his testimony transcripts is what he actually said at that time.

Truly bizarre "impressions" to take from the audio, Mr. Collins! Once again, you show yourself congenitally incapable of anything other than listening, reading, thinking and arguing past the sale. Anything that doesn't comport with the official story, you just explain away with recourse to preposterous argument.

Mr. Norman explicitly distinguishes between "us" and "the carpenters". When asked to name a single "carpenter", he cannot. Yet he has no trouble (elsewhere in the interview) remembering the names Lovelady, Shelley, Givens, Williams. Ergo, the carpenters were not one of "us".

And, in the 1993 interview, he fleshes this simple fact out: outside crew, with Depository employees helping them out

I don’t know who Mr. Glen Sample is, but in the excerpt of the 1993 interview that you posted in the first post of this thread, it appears to me that Sample is trying to put words in Norman’s mouth…

Lol, the only one trying to put words in Mr. Norman's mouth is you.

Here are Mr. Norman's words: "we went up there sometimes to move stuff around for the floor construction guys. They didn’t work for the Book Depository, but if our work got slow, we would give them a hand"

Here is your 'analysis': Norman isn't actually saying the floor construction guys didn't work for the Book Depository

:D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2023, 06:16:29 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2023, 06:21:53 PM »
So Truly wanted to keep them employed at a down time so he had them lay floors (fifth and sixth). Why call them over to cut/lay a floor if there was an "outside" crew to do that? If there's a separate crew to do this then they wouldn't have been called over to do the job.

They were helping

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2023, 08:40:24 PM »
Truly bizarre "impressions" to take from the audio, Mr. Collins! Once again, you show yourself congenitally incapable of anything other than listening, reading, thinking and arguing past the sale. Anything that doesn't comport with the official story, you just explain away with recourse to preposterous argument.

Mr. Norman explicitly distinguishes between "us" and "the carpenters". When asked to name a single "carpenter", he cannot. Yet he has no trouble (elsewhere in the interview) remembering the names Lovelady, Shelley, Givens, Williams. Ergo, the carpenters were not one of "us".

And, in the 1993 interview, he fleshes this simple fact out: outside crew, with Depository employees helping them out

Here are Mr. Norman's words: "we went up there sometimes to move stuff around for the floor construction guys. They didn’t work for the Book Depository, but if our work got slow, we would give them a hand"

Here is your 'analysis': Norman isn't actually saying the floor construction guys didn't work for the Book Depository

:D

::)

The only name that Norman could remember in the Sixth Floor Museum Oral History interview in 1991 was Givens. Here some of my notes (not verbatim) from the interview:

Question:  Do you have any idea who was working on the sixth floor at that time? Who were some of the guys?

Answer:  Some of the guys who work here and they had some carpenters or something.

Question: Do you know who in particular was working up there?

Answer: Givens I think might have been.

Question:  Anyone else?

Answer:  No cause there was just a few of us cause a lot of the old hands were still at the other warehouse.

Question:  Do you remember who the carpenters were? No, there was one tall white guy that I used to talk boxing with. [but Norman doesn't remember his name] Norman doesn't remember seeing him that day and doesn't remember if he was there that day.

One thing that actually is explicitly clear in the Sixth Floor Oral History interview is that Norman does not remember a whole lot of the details from that day. There is nothing that explicitly distinguishes that there were "outsiders" who didn't work for the TSBD in that building that day. Based on the testimonies of all the employees who were at the TSBD that day, the only workers who were present that Norman might have labeled as being "outsiders" were the ones who normally worked at the other warehouse and had been called in to work on flooring in the Elm Street building. Yet here you are taking words which were put into Norman's mouth by Mr. Sample in 1993 and using your interpretation of them to make up all kinds of nonsense. How much more bizarre can one get?   ???

As stated above, Mr. Sample put words in his mouth. However, again, there is nothing that explicitly says the "outside workers" were not from the other TSBD building. And, again, everyone who identified the workers on the sixth floor indicated nothing that would support your nutty idea.

No, I indicated that I was describing my impression. I haven't interviewed Mr. Norman so how could I possibly do that.

What I said about the Sixth Floor Museum Oral History interview is: "There is nothing in it that led me to believe there was an “outside crew” on the sixth floor."

What I said about Mr. Sample's 1993 interview is that he tried to put words into Norman's mouth.

Those are my impressions. And I cannot imagine how anyone could possibly believe the nonsense fairytale you are trying to pass off.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2023, 08:40:24 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2023, 08:54:37 PM »

What exactly has been debunked?

Weren't you claiming there was a head in the window when you posted this?

Detail from Dillard photo, showing SW window of sixth floor just after the shooting-------------------------

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2023, 01:08:15 AM »
I don't think Curry had much if any say in the filing of the charges, right? That was Wade's decision along with his assistants. From his testimony it seems he wasn't consulted about the charges.

Jesse Curry from what I understand, suspected that there was a conspiracy but assisted in the cover-up. Example:

Dorothy Kilgallen later managed to obtain the Dallas Police Department radio logs for the day of the assassination. This revealed that as soon as the shots were fired in the Dealey Plaza, Curry issued an order to search the Grassy Knoll area. This contradicted what Curry had told reporters and the Warren Commission.

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKcurryJ.htm

Why did Curry lie? I'm not sure. But its yet another example of people involved with the case who stuck with the official narrative in public while they suspected Oswald didn't act alone.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:09:22 AM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2023, 01:08:15 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2023, 04:35:08 AM »
If BRW is on the 6th floor until 12:25, then it is improbable he would not have heard /seen the shooter moving a couple boxes and placing one on the SN window ledge.

So he would have to leave the 6th floor by about 12:24 so the shooter had  about 1minute to come out of hiding somewhere, traverse at least 100 ft  to get to the SN window and place the boxes.

Otherwise it’s an improbable situation of the shooter being very close to the SN while Williams is still on the 6th floor , supposedly eating his chicken at a window just a few windows over from the SN window.