Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: First-Hand Eyewitness Testimony Proving Conspiracy  (Read 5549 times)

Online John Iacoletti

Re: First-Hand Eyewitness Testimony Proving Conspiracy
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »
Advertisement
Charles’s “bald spot” is unusually small, symmetrical, and off-center.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 05:59:48 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2023, 06:09:11 PM »
Charles’s “bald spot” is unusually small, symmetrical, and off-center.

It isn’t either one of those. The angle of the camera was selected to show the display on the laser level, it is not directly inline with the “line of sight” of the head. This is typical of how camera angles can fool people. If you want a larger “bald spot” tell us what you think is a proper size. We can test this larger size if you wish.

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2023, 06:57:33 PM »
Okay, I caught myself not accounting for the height of Amos Euins. I really don't know his actual height, so for this purpose I chose 5'5". I think that is being generous for this 14-year old teenager. Accordingly the elevation angle re-computed equals 24.65-degrees instead of the 26-degrees I stated earlier. This works in the favor of (increasing the possibility) of seeing a typical male-pattern bald spot.

Here's the setup:

This is from an angle well above, but inline with the limo at Z313. You can see that the head is tilted down at about 17-degrees towards the target and is tilted to it's left approximately 21-degrees. On the floor below the head are a string and a square that is used to determine the 50-degrees angle that goes toward Euins' position (which is represented by the center of the top of the back of the shair).

In this next photo you can see the elevation angle to Euins' position (24.65-degrees) as the crosshair of the laser is on the center of the top of the back of the chair.

And in this photo, from just above the center of the top of the back of the chair (aka: a point on a line at the same angle as the angle between the sixth floor window and Euins' position) you can see that the blue "bald spot" isn't visible from this angle.

It appears to me that a typical male-pattern bald spot would not have been seen by Amos Euins from his location. The blue bald spot I used is about 1-3/4" in diameter. This seems to me to be typical of what would be called a bald spot. If you have any questions or anything else, please let me know.

As it stands Charles, it's hats off to you.
Everything you've proposed seems fair enough and it has definitely given me pause for thought.
I'd like to check some things out and, if I feel I have a plausible alternative, I'd like to put it forward.

Until then, bravo...this is proper research, someone getting off their arse and testing things out.   Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2023, 06:57:33 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2023, 07:16:54 PM »
As it stands Charles, it's hats off to you.
Everything you've proposed seems fair enough and it has definitely given me pause for thought.
I'd like to check some things out and, if I feel I have a plausible alternative, I'd like to put it forward.

Until then, bravo...this is proper research, someone getting off their arse and testing things out.   Thumb1:

Okay, thanks and let me know if I can help.

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2023, 02:07:09 AM »
Okay, I caught myself not accounting for the height of Amos Euins. I really don't know his actual height, so for this purpose I chose 5'5". I think that is being generous for this 14-year old teenager. Accordingly the elevation angle re-computed equals 24.65-degrees instead of the 26-degrees I stated earlier. This works in the favor of (increasing the possibility) of seeing a typical male-pattern bald spot.

Here's the setup:

This is from an angle well above, but inline with the limo at Z313. You can see that the head is tilted down at about 17-degrees towards the target and is tilted to it's left approximately 21-degrees. On the floor below the head are a string and a square that is used to determine the 50-degrees angle that goes toward Euins' position (which is represented by the center of the top of the back of the shair).

In this next photo you can see the elevation angle to Euins' position (24.65-degrees) as the crosshair of the laser is on the center of the top of the back of the chair.

And in this photo, from just above the center of the top of the back of the chair (aka: a point on a line at the same angle as the angle between the sixth floor window and Euins' position) you can see that the blue "bald spot" isn't visible from this angle.

It appears to me that a typical male-pattern bald spot would not have been seen by Amos Euins from his location. The blue bald spot I used is about 1-3/4" in diameter. This seems to me to be typical of what would be called a bald spot. If you have any questions or anything else, please let me know.

Hey Charles, a very impressive experimental design and execution.

I dug out a previous model of the shooter as I perceived him positioned in the sniper’s nest based on the Alyea film. Obviously there are an almost infinite amount of articulations possible and this represents one. I used a head tilt of 15 degrees and sideways lean of 15 degrees to his right. From Euins’ viewpoint the window sash obscures the top of the head. The animation below increases the head forward tilt from 15 to 45 degrees. At 45 degrees the model predicts the receding hairline would be  viewable to Euins. The simulation was made for circa Z223. Can you with your setup tilt the head in such a fashion and draw a conclusion? This modeling scenario does not predict what I think Euins may be calling a “blind spot”. However...

I recall from Gerald Posner’s writing in Case Closed the recollections of Euins in 1992.
From Gerald Posner’s Case Closed page 246
Interview with Amos Lee Euins, January 19, 1992

“Another witness who had a clear view of the sniper’s nest was fifteen-year-old Amos Lee Euins. He was small for his age, and someone had lifted him atop a concrete pedestal by the reflection pool across the street from the Depository. “I could see everything,” he says109.  “I saw what I thought was a pipe,” Euins told the author. “I saw it ahead of time. It looked like a dark metal pipe hanging from the window, and it was an old building, so I figured, ‘Hey, it’s got a pipe hanging off it.’ I never realized it was  a gun until the shooting started.”110 Then he jumped off the pedestal and looked up at the sixth-floor window. He saw “the rifle laying across in his hand, and I could see his hand on the trigger part.”111 After the third shot, Euins remembered the sniper “pulled the gun back in the window.” While he could not describe the shooter, he ran to a policeman and told him what he saw.”

This would be the west pedestal of the reflection pool, where we see a young man sitting in the Martin, Bell and Dorman films. A view from that position is similar to that from the east pedestal but includes the sun struck west pipe (conduit). A blind spot? Very curious.

The animation shows the view from the east pedestal on top with Posner’s Euins view below.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2023, 02:07:09 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2023, 11:15:56 AM »
Hey Charles, a very impressive experimental design and execution.

I dug out a previous model of the shooter as I perceived him positioned in the sniper’s nest based on the Alyea film. Obviously there are an almost infinite amount of articulations possible and this represents one. I used a head tilt of 15 degrees and sideways lean of 15 degrees to his right. From Euins’ viewpoint the window sash obscures the top of the head. The animation below increases the head forward tilt from 15 to 45 degrees. At 45 degrees the model predicts the receding hairline would be  viewable to Euins. The simulation was made for circa Z223. Can you with your setup tilt the head in such a fashion and draw a conclusion? This modeling scenario does not predict what I think Euins may be calling a “blind spot”. However...

I recall from Gerald Posner’s writing in Case Closed the recollections of Euins in 1992.
From Gerald Posner’s Case Closed page 246
Interview with Amos Lee Euins, January 19, 1992

“Another witness who had a clear view of the sniper’s nest was fifteen-year-old Amos Lee Euins. He was small for his age, and someone had lifted him atop a concrete pedestal by the reflection pool across the street from the Depository. “I could see everything,” he says109.  “I saw what I thought was a pipe,” Euins told the author. “I saw it ahead of time. It looked like a dark metal pipe hanging from the window, and it was an old building, so I figured, ‘Hey, it’s got a pipe hanging off it.’ I never realized it was  a gun until the shooting started.”110 Then he jumped off the pedestal and looked up at the sixth-floor window. He saw “the rifle laying across in his hand, and I could see his hand on the trigger part.”111 After the third shot, Euins remembered the sniper “pulled the gun back in the window.” While he could not describe the shooter, he ran to a policeman and told him what he saw.”

This would be the west pedestal of the reflection pool, where we see a young man sitting in the Martin, Bell and Dorman films. A view from that position is similar to that from the east pedestal but includes the sun struck west pipe (conduit). A blind spot? Very curious.

The animation shows the view from the east pedestal on top with Posner’s Euins view below.

Thanks James, I was hoping you might present a demonstration from your 3D virtual model. As usual it is well done, thanks! I read Posner’s book but it has been many years ago. The west pedestal potential location for Euins is interesting. I need to take another look at the films you cited.

Can you with your setup tilt the head in such a fashion and draw a conclusion?

Sure, I will be happy to. Let me get the details straight. You are asking for me to use the styrofoam head setup using the angles for head tilt (45-degrees?), head lean (to the shooter’s right), and angles for Euins’ position at the west pedestal? I can do multiple angles to include the east pedestal if desired. Just let me know.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 11:18:22 AM by Charles Collins »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2023, 03:42:30 PM »

Thanks James, I was hoping you might present a demonstration from your 3D virtual model. As usual it is well done, thanks! I read Posner’s book but it has been many years ago. The west pedestal potential location for Euins is interesting. I need to take another look at the films you cited.

Can you with your setup tilt the head in such a fashion and draw a conclusion?

Sure, I will be happy to. Let me get the details straight. You are asking for me to use the styrofoam head setup using the angles for head tilt (45-degrees?), head lean (to the shooter’s right), and angles for Euins’ position at the west pedestal? I can do multiple angles to include the east pedestal if desired. Just let me know.
I just reviewed Euins’ WC testimony and did not find a reference of “blind spot”. That was a long ago misconception of mine where he talks about both bald spots and white spots. I wondered if the white spot was some solar reflection, different than the bald spot he described.

The east pedestal only, but don’t worry about that unless you or Dan think it might have value to his thread.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2023, 03:42:30 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2023, 12:31:11 AM »
Hi Charles, just trying to get my head around a few things.
As part of your set-up you state:

"On the floor below the head are a string and a square that is used to determine the 50-degrees angle that goes toward Euins' position"

I'm not sure I understand what this 50-degrees is. Can you clarify.