Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: First-Hand Eyewitness Testimony Proving Conspiracy  (Read 5472 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: First-Hand Eyewitness Testimony Proving Conspiracy
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 07:12:38 PM »
Advertisement
The first picture showed a man with his head on the right side of the rifle. It was to visualize what I thought your OP was describing. Of course there's no boxes, window frame, or camera angle identical to Euins.

You then posted a photo of a gunman with his rifle resting on top of the boxes. He's not aiming and I guess he's trying to trick-shoot at passing ducks. The tripod picture I posted was merely to show that some angling of the rifle was required. The man in the picture would have to bring his eye near to the scope or sights to reenact a firing position. So I posted a smaller picture of a man holding and aiming a Carcano model rifle.

So far, your pictures show a gunman using the boxes by having a rifle resting on the top of the box so he can be "looking down" on it. This is "realistic" to you. Your other picture show some unrelated guy in the parking lot with a sun glint on his slicked hair (popular then because of people like Dean Martin and Desi Arnez).

Obviously, Jerry, the pic you posted had nothing to do with the situation on the 6th floor that day.
I tried to find a pic that at least represented that situation.
I would very much like to have found a pic of someone actually firing a rifle from that position but it seems hard to do.
Considering how important this moment is historically, I would have assumed it would have been easier to find a clear representation of a shooter firing from that position with the boxes etc.
The point is to compare what would have been visible to someone in Euins position that day with his testimony of what he saw.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 07:12:38 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 07:27:28 PM »
I meant the photo Jerry posted in reply #1. Whether or not Jerry posted it or Charles posted it, the photo shows someone using correct form: the rifle's butt against the shoulder and the supporting arm properly bent. The photo Charles posted shows the presumably-Oswald doing the same thing. The image you posted shows an actor holding the rifle with the butt against his chest and the forestock lying on a box. That's unbelievably awful technique. But really, it's just a publicity still from a work of fiction, and has no purpose here.

As I was saying to Jerry, I'm having trouble locating a good image representing the shooter that day.

I agree that non one shooting any rifle would be tilting their head so much that a "bald" spot that wouldn't normally appear suddenly would. That's about it.

Euins' testimony is of tremendous importance.
He was an eye-witness watching the shooter as the assassination was in progress.
Part of his testimony concerns a white bald spot on the shooter's head that becomes visible to Euins because the shooter is holding his head in a certain way as he is looking down the rifle, that is to say, while he is taking aim.
The only plausible interpretation (IMO) of this testimony is that the shooter is tilting his head to the left as he is taking aim, during the shooting.
The importance of this is that it rules out the MC as the assassination weapon,

But you don't think someone would be tilting their head enough to reveal a bald spot.
You ignore Euins' testimony because you think something different.
You don't even attempt to demonstrate why this is not possible.
You seem to be under the impression it's enough for you to simply state this opinion and "that's about it".
As far as an approach to research is concerned I would have to say that's an unbelievably awful technique.

More to come.

Hmmmm...
I think you've made yourself pretty clear in terms of your approach to Euins' testimony.
It might be a case of less is more.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 08:57:57 PM »
You seem to be under the impression it's enough for you to simply state this opinion and "that's about it".
As far as an approach to research is concerned I would have to say that's an unbelievably awful technique.

Sadly, that’s how Mitch approaches every question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 08:57:57 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 12:54:28 AM »
As I was saying to Jerry, I'm having trouble locating a good image representing the shooter that day.

Euins' testimony is of tremendous importance.
He was an eye-witness watching the shooter as the assassination was in progress.
Part of his testimony concerns a white bald spot on the shooter's head that becomes visible to Euins because the shooter is holding his head in a certain way as he is looking down the rifle, that is to say, while he is taking aim.
The only plausible interpretation (IMO) of this testimony is that the shooter is tilting his head to the left as he is taking aim, during the shooting.
The importance of this is that it rules out the MC as the assassination weapon,

But you don't think someone would be tilting their head enough to reveal a bald spot.
You ignore Euins' testimony because you think something different.
You don't even attempt to demonstrate why this is not possible.

Hmmmm...
I think you've made yourself pretty clear in terms of your approach to Euins' testimony.
It might be a case of less is more.

Here's a photo showing Euins pointing at the sniper's window from what appears to me to be his location at the time of the shooting. I have flipped the photo horizontally (similar to a mirror image) and tilted it 17-degrees in order to have the image of Euins simulate the position of a shooter in the sixth floor window looking towards the limo at the head shot. If you will notice, the camera's position places Euins' head inline with the sixth floor windows. Therefore the camera has to be on the same line (which defines the angle of elevation) that Euins viewed the shooting from. In other words, the camera angle shows Euins' head at the same angle that Euins would have seen the shooter from. Now, if you have followed so far, I think that it is pretty obvious that if Euins had a typical male pattern bald spot on the top of his head, that it would not be visible from the camera's angle.

Some of us have 3D models of the sniper's nest, etc. and can simulate the same thing using a 3-D model. One of the limitations is that the 3D models of the human figures are static in their positions and manipulating one into a position of firing a rifle would not be feasible. Therefore, I think that the photo of LHO on the firing range (that I posted earlier in this thread) shows that the position of the head would be close to vertical (left to right) and tilted forward basically at the 17-degrees involved with the location of the limo at that point in time. And this is what I attempted to show with the tilted photo of Euins as described above.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 12:58:53 AM by Charles Collins »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 08:00:49 AM »

Here's a photo showing Euins pointing at the sniper's window from what appears to me to be his location at the time of the shooting. I have flipped the photo horizontally (similar to a mirror image) and tilted it 17-degrees in order to have the image of Euins simulate the position of a shooter in the sixth floor window looking towards the limo at the head shot. If you will notice, the camera's position places Euins' head inline with the sixth floor windows. Therefore the camera has to be on the same line (which defines the angle of elevation) that Euins viewed the shooting from. In other words, the camera angle shows Euins' head at the same angle that Euins would have seen the shooter from. Now, if you have followed so far, I think that it is pretty obvious that if Euins had a typical male pattern bald spot on the top of his head, that it would not be visible from the camera's angle.

Excellent point Charles and well presented.
Yes, I would have to agree "that if Euins had a typical male pattern bald spot on the top of his head, that it would not be visible from the camera's angle."
However, the point I'm making regarding Euins' testimony is that the bald spot becomes visible because the shooter is holding his head in a certain way while taking aim down the rifle. In the pic you have posted, how far do you think Euins would need to tilt his head before his imaginary bald spot became visible? As much as this guy?

I think it's fairly obvious that if Euins had his head tilted as much as this guy, a bald spot on the top of his head would become clearly visible.
You must surely agree with that.

Some of us have 3D models of the sniper's nest, etc. and can simulate the same thing using a 3-D model. One of the limitations is that the 3D models of the human figures are static in their positions and manipulating one into a position of firing a rifle would not be feasible. Therefore, I think that the photo of LHO on the firing range (that I posted earlier in this thread) shows that the position of the head would be close to vertical (left to right) and tilted forward basically at the 17-degrees involved with the location of the limo at that point in time. And this is what I attempted to show with the tilted photo of Euins as described above.

I cannot believe how difficult it is to get an image that accurately represents someone taking a shot from the SN.
It's one of the more important historical moments of recent times and the key moment is the actual taking of the shots.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 08:00:49 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2023, 11:30:25 AM »

Excellent point Charles and well presented.
Yes, I would have to agree "that if Euins had a typical male pattern bald spot on the top of his head, that it would not be visible from the camera's angle."
However, the point I'm making regarding Euins' testimony is that the bald spot becomes visible because the shooter is holding his head in a certain way while taking aim down the rifle. In the pic you have posted, how far do you think Euins would need to tilt his head before his imaginary bald spot became visible? As much as this guy?

I think it's fairly obvious that if Euins had his head tilted as much as this guy, a bald spot on the top of his head would become clearly visible.
You must surely agree with that.

I cannot believe how difficult it is to get an image that accurately represents someone taking a shot from the SN.
It's one of the more important historical moments of recent times and the key moment is the actual taking of the shots.

In that photo of Euins pointing at the sniper’s nest window, Euins does have his head tilted sideways, slightly towards the camera. Not as much at the guy with the rifle in your following post just slightly. I will try to find a virtual 3D model with a bald spot and simulate a tilt it’s head to approximate the angle in your photo. But it might take a while.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2023, 12:27:40 PM »
Okay, I have an idea that might work better than a virtual 3D model. I have a white Styrofoam head that is typically used to store a wig upon. I will place a "bald spot" on it using blue masking tape. And take a photo of it from the proper angles. So far I have calculated that Euins' position is at 50-degrees to the side (with the shooter looking at the Z313 position of the limo). And the elevation angle from Euins' position to the sixth floor window is 26-degrees. I looked for a photo of the head tilt required that is more inline with the direction of the rifle in order to be able to measure it more accurately. Below you can see a screenshot showing how it is supposed to be done. The bottom photo is the proper one and I measured the tilt angle at 21-degrees.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/head-tilt-or-head-turn.7089214/

Unless someone has a better suggestion for the angles involved or lets us know that I have made a mistake calculating the angles involved, I plan to proceed using the above.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 12:28:50 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2023, 12:27:40 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2023, 05:51:00 PM »
Okay, I caught myself not accounting for the height of Amos Euins. I really don't know his actual height, so for this purpose I chose 5'5". I think that is being generous for this 14-year old teenager. Accordingly the elevation angle re-computed equals 24.65-degrees instead of the 26-degrees I stated earlier. This works in the favor of (increasing the possibility) of seeing a typical male-pattern bald spot.

Here's the setup:

This is from an angle well above, but inline with the limo at Z313. You can see that the head is tilted down at about 17-degrees towards the target and is tilted to it's left approximately 21-degrees. On the floor below the head are a string and a square that is used to determine the 50-degrees angle that goes toward Euins' position (which is represented by the center of the top of the back of the shair).

In this next photo you can see the elevation angle to Euins' position (24.65-degrees) as the crosshair of the laser is on the center of the top of the back of the chair.

And in this photo, from just above the center of the top of the back of the chair (aka: a point on a line at the same angle as the angle between the sixth floor window and Euins' position) you can see that the blue "bald spot" isn't visible from this angle.

It appears to me that a typical male-pattern bald spot would not have been seen by Amos Euins from his location. The blue bald spot I used is about 1-3/4" in diameter. This seems to me to be typical of what would be called a bald spot. If you have any questions or anything else, please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 05:55:10 PM by Charles Collins »