Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer  (Read 5251 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: Bibi Gaston Book on Mary Pinchot Meyer
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2023, 09:12:57 PM »
Advertisement
That's a really good question.  You should try asking Tom Scully about that.  Right, Tom ?  And give him the long answer, oui ?

Mark, Happy New Year, salud! Exposing Peter Janney came at too high of a personal price. "The community," did not appreciate nor could it handle the fact that Mary was not murdered by a CIA "wet worker". You were Leo Damore's researcher, ironically one of the few who did not resent my discovery that Janney's bogeyman and Crump murder trial witness William Mitchell was not missing after his trial testimony and never to be found, but was what he claimed, a university level mathematics teacher.

I think the key point I've made for ten years now is that Janney has never spoken or written a word about his father's sister's husband and Rockefeller brothers frontman, Frank Pace, who as chairman of General Dynamics. handed control of that key defense contractor to Tony Accardo associate, Henry Crown. Accardo happened to be Howard Willens's family's next door neighbor and Albert Jenner happened to be Henry Crown's personal attorney and General Dynamics outside counsel. Mary Meyer seems a smoke screen.

1967:
https://apnews.com/article/us-news-ap-top-news-tx-state-wire-new-york-business-2a11009e4b474394a4b9e1bab0f07da8

FILE - In this Nov. 28, 1967, file photo, the five Rockefeller Brothers pose for photos in New York as they gather to receive gold medals from the National Institute of social sciences. From left are: David Rockefeller, President of the Chase Manhattan Bank; Winthrop Rockefeller, Governor of Arkansas; Frank Pace, President of the NISS; John D. Rockefeller 3rd, Chairman of the Rockefeller Foundation; Nelson Rockefeller, Governor of New York; and Laurence Rockefeller, a conservation adviser to President Johnson. David Rockefeller, the billionaire philanthropist who was the last of his generation in the famously philanthropic Rockefeller family died. David Rockefeller was 101 years old. (AP Photo/File)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 09:50:06 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2023, 09:12:57 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 08:04:58 AM »
Mark, Happy New Year, salud! Exposing Peter Janney came at too high of a personal price. "The community," did not appreciate nor could it handle the fact that Mary was not murdered by a CIA "wet worker". You were Leo Damore's researcher, ironically one of the few who did not resent my discovery that Janney's bogeyman and Crump murder trial witness William Mitchell was not missing after his trial testimony and never to be found, but was what he claimed, a university level mathematics teacher.

I think the key point I've made for ten years now is that Janney has never spoken or written a word about his father's sister's husband and Rockefeller brothers frontman, Frank Pace, who as chairman of General Dynamics. handed control of that key defense contractor to Tony Accardo associate, Henry Crown. Accardo happened to be Howard Willens's family's next door neighbor and Albert Jenner happened to be Henry Crown's personal attorney and General Dynamics outside counsel. Mary Meyer seems a smoke screen.

1967:
https://apnews.com/article/us-news-ap-top-news-tx-state-wire-new-york-business-2a11009e4b474394a4b9e1bab0f07da8

FILE - In this Nov. 28, 1967, file photo, the five Rockefeller Brothers pose for photos in New York as they gather to receive gold medals from the National Institute of social sciences. From left are: David Rockefeller, President of the Chase Manhattan Bank; Winthrop Rockefeller, Governor of Arkansas; Frank Pace, President of the NISS; John D. Rockefeller 3rd, Chairman of the Rockefeller Foundation; Nelson Rockefeller, Governor of New York; and Laurence Rockefeller, a conservation adviser to President Johnson. David Rockefeller, the billionaire philanthropist who was the last of his generation in the famously philanthropic Rockefeller family died. David Rockefeller was 101 years old. (AP Photo/File)

Bonne annee to you, Tom.  So it still comes down to Henry Crown.  A story so old, yet still ain't told.  Thou art bold.

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 09:34:58 AM »

1967:

Still trying to keep pace here (LOL).  Hey, you know, Tom, suppose you pitched the idea of a documentary of the Henry Crown Affair to, say, Al-Jazeera.  Certainly not RT, nobody can see that anymore.  Did you ever see Janney's interview on RT, Tom?  Priceless !!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 09:34:58 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2023, 09:43:05 AM »
Anyway, to stay on topic (LOL), I wonder what happened to Mssr. Mitchell after Mssr. Janney tape-recorded their famous meeting ?  I hear it didn't work out too well.  Have you read anymore about all this, Matt?  You started this thread, let's hear what you think after researching the topic, oui ?  Have an awesome day+

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2023, 05:43:19 PM »
Anyway, to stay on topic (LOL), I wonder what happened to Mssr. Mitchell after Mssr. Janney tape-recorded their famous meeting ?  I hear it didn't work out too well.  Have you read anymore about all this, Matt?  You started this thread, let's hear what you think after researching the topic, oui ?  Have an awesome day+

Mitchell is 83, now. I'm not happy I outed him to Janney.

The Assassinations: Probe Magazine on JFK, MLK, RFK and ...
https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Assassinations/VZDrXQK1LxIC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=leary+did+not+write+about+jfk+until+after&pg=PA342&printsec=frontcover
James DiEugenio, ‎Lisa Pease · 2003
Found inside – Page 342
Probe Magazine on JFK, MLK, RFK and Malcolm X James DiEugenio, Lisa Pease. But there is a big ... Leary did not mention Mary in any of his books until Flashbacks in 1983, more than two decades after he met Mary. It's not like he did not ...

Awwww, man! Janney is not aging well.

https://www.deepstateblog.org/2020/01/24/the-death-of-mary-meyer-jfks-partner-explained/
... Jefferson Morley Jan 23, 2020 at 6:08PM   

"I do think Angleton’s friendship was really a friendship. Certainly Mary’s closest female friends understood it as such. That is why they wanted Angleton to have the sketchbook/diary after Mary’s death. To keep it safe. That’s not to say Angelton wasn’t a devious fellow. One of his skills was precisely to ingratiate himself with people whose interests he did not have at heart. I explain my view of the case in THE GHOST, avaialble here."

Peter Janney Jan 28, 2020 at 9:39AM   

"Utterly ridiculous article by Jeff Morley. His article is rife with factual errors which he continues to promote, the worst of which is stating, “The best book on Mary Meyer is Nina Burleigh’s 1998 study.” Morley COMPLETELY glosses over Ben Bradlee’s testimony at Meyer’s murder trial in 1965. Bradlee, according to sworn testimony, entered Mary’s art studio on the night of the murder with no problem, yet 25 years later he tells us that he had no key to the studio when he discovered Angleton picking the lock the next day. Bradlee’s entire “fish story” in his memoir “A Good Life” contradicts his sworn testimony. How did Bradlee get into the studio on the night of the murder? Jim Angleton was with him and likely picked the lock. It is documented that Angleton was at Bradlee’s house on the night of the murder when Anne Truitt called the house looking for Angleton and informed the Bradlees that Mary had a diary that needed to be immediately found.

Mary Meyer’s artist sketchbook was NOT her real diary. The entire story is a ruse! It was likely concocted by Angleton to keep the public from finding out about the real diary. Angleton absconded with the diary on the night of the murder, likely taken from Meyer’s studio or from her bedroom later that evening."

Jefferson Morley Jan 28, 2020 at 3:43PM   

"Let’ just stick to the facts. The discrepancies between Bradlee’s testimony and his book don’t prove that there was a conspiracy to kill Mary Meyer. They show he had something to hid–he did. He sought to make Angleton the bad guy of the story, which made him look better. The claim that Meyer had a diary and sketchbook is not confirmed by any of Meyer’s closest female friends. I urge readers compare Burleigh’s book, A Very Private Woman, and Janney’s book, Mary’s Mosaic. Burleigh is a veteran reporter and less prone to speculation. But don’t take my word for it. Decide for yourself."

From the first revision of Peter Janney's book, (in this 2nd edition Crump murder trial witness Mitchell no longer missing, no longer the CIA "wet worker" who Leo Damore told Attorney Jimmy Smith he had met with...)

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2585.msg90289.html#msg90289

« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 06:16:55 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2023, 05:43:19 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2023, 06:46:38 PM »
https://www.jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer/archives/JFKWHP/1963/Month%2009/Day%2024/JFKWHP-1963-09-24-H

Date(s) of Materials
24 September 1963
Description
President John F. Kennedy and others stand outside Grey Towers, the home of Gifford Pinchot, following the dedication of the Pinchot Institute for Conservation Studies in Milford, Pennsylvania. Left to right: Gifford Bryce Pinchot; Antoinette Pinchot Bradlee; Ruth Pickering Pinchot; President Kennedy; Mary Pinchot Meyer.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2013/10/18/jfk-last-trip-home
October 18, 2013
"..Historian Thurston Clarke, author of "JFK's Last Hundred Days," said Patrick's death shattered the president.

"He had personally designed the headstone, sketching it out, and had told his secretary, Evelyn Lincoln, to make sure it was installed before Oct. 19, which is the day when he was going to be in Boston," Clarke said. "So, this was all very well-planned. He also had already arranged to have a bunch of yellow chrysanthemums that he had brought with him in the car to the stadium that he then took to the cemetery to lay at Patrick's grave."

Photographic timeline indicates JFK was on Cape Cod only during Labor Day weekend and the following week and on October 19, 1963.
Jackie returned from her European vacation on October 17.:
https://www.jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer/archives/JFKWHP

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jfk-letter-supposed-mistress-mary-pinchot-meyer-auction-article-1.2659415
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Jun 03, 2016
"An intimate letter written by President John F. Kennedy to a purported paramour seeking to set up a liaison is one of several Kennedy-related items being sold at auction.

The four-page letter to longtime Kennedy family friend Mary Pinchot Meyer, an artist and former wife of a CIA agent, is thought to have been written in October 1963, about a month before the president's assassination.

"Why don't you leave suburbia for once — come and see me — either here — or at the Cape next week or in Boston the 19th," the letter reads.

"I know it is unwise, irrational, and that you may hate it — on the other hand you may not — and I will love it. You say that it is good for me not to get what I want. After all of these years — you should give me a more loving answer than that. Why don't you just say yes."

It's signed simply "J."

"It's incredible to see the president writing something so personal," said Robert Livingston, the executive vice president of Boston-based RR Auction , which is handling the sale. "We've handled a lot of JFK letters here, and he was always very formal."

The undated letter looks to be written on White House stationery. Although the tops of each page have been cut off, the presidential seal watermarks are visible under light.

The letter was never sent but remained in the collection of Kennedy's longtime personal secretary, Evelyn Lincoln. It originated from the estate of Robert White, a friend of Lincoln's and an avid collector of JFK memorabilia who died more than a decade ago.

It is being sold now by an anonymous collector."

https://apnews.com/article/09b8e5891c27420895de46b04b092840
Letter from JFK to purported lover sells for almost $89,000
June 24, 2016
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 07:25:59 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2023, 10:28:09 AM »
https://www.jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer/archives/JFKWHP/1963/Month%2009/Day%2024/JFKWHP-1963-09-24-H

Date(s) of Materials
24 September 1963
Description
President John F. Kennedy and others stand outside Grey Towers, the home of Gifford Pinchot, following the dedication of the Pinchot Institute for Conservation Studies in Milford, Pennsylvania. Left to right: Gifford Bryce Pinchot; Antoinette Pinchot Bradlee; Ruth Pickering Pinchot; President Kennedy; Mary Pinchot Meyer.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2013/10/18/jfk-last-trip-home
October 18, 2013
"..Historian Thurston Clarke, author of "JFK's Last Hundred Days," said Patrick's death shattered the president.

"He had personally designed the headstone, sketching it out, and had told his secretary, Evelyn Lincoln, to make sure it was installed before Oct. 19, which is the day when he was going to be in Boston," Clarke said. "So, this was all very well-planned. He also had already arranged to have a bunch of yellow chrysanthemums that he had brought with him in the car to the stadium that he then took to the cemetery to lay at Patrick's grave."

Photographic timeline indicates JFK was on Cape Cod only during Labor Day weekend and the following week and on October 19, 1963.
Jackie returned from her European vacation on October 17.:
https://www.jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer/archives/JFKWHP

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jfk-letter-supposed-mistress-mary-pinchot-meyer-auction-article-1.2659415
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Jun 03, 2016
"An intimate letter written by President John F. Kennedy to a purported paramour seeking to set up a liaison is one of several Kennedy-related items being sold at auction.

The four-page letter to longtime Kennedy family friend Mary Pinchot Meyer, an artist and former wife of a CIA agent, is thought to have been written in October 1963, about a month before the president's assassination.

"Why don't you leave suburbia for once — come and see me — either here — or at the Cape next week or in Boston the 19th," the letter reads.

"I know it is unwise, irrational, and that you may hate it — on the other hand you may not — and I will love it. You say that it is good for me not to get what I want. After all of these years — you should give me a more loving answer than that. Why don't you just say yes."

It's signed simply "J."

"It's incredible to see the president writing something so personal," said Robert Livingston, the executive vice president of Boston-based RR Auction , which is handling the sale. "We've handled a lot of JFK letters here, and he was always very formal."

The undated letter looks to be written on White House stationery. Although the tops of each page have been cut off, the presidential seal watermarks are visible under light.

The letter was never sent but remained in the collection of Kennedy's longtime personal secretary, Evelyn Lincoln. It originated from the estate of Robert White, a friend of Lincoln's and an avid collector of JFK memorabilia who died more than a decade ago.

It is being sold now by an anonymous collector."

https://apnews.com/article/09b8e5891c27420895de46b04b092840
Letter from JFK to purported lover sells for almost $89,000
June 24, 2016

Great post, Tom.  Did you know that I kept Mary's memory alive by placing a white cross next to her "killing floor" ?  Just like the one that was erected about a week after her murder (wasn't me then, I promise !!!)  Why, one of them was featured in the Style section of the Washington Post, along with a picture (by Amy Artgentsinger(sic?)?  And, for the record..... I did not bid over fifty dollars for that famous letter !!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2023, 10:28:09 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2023, 12:54:37 PM »
Gosh, I guess Matthew G. must be busy with personal matters, we haven't heard a peep from him.  So this post is for good ol' Charlie Collins, containing some stanzas to the 'Cherries in the Snow' ballad written in Mary's memory..........

In nineteen hundred and sixty-four
Around Washington, D.C.
There lived a woman named Mary Meyer
Just as pretty as she could be

She walked on down to the C & O
Wearin' her white gloves and hood
And like Red Ridin' she met a wolf
That was up to no good

Now this wolf did not use his teeth
He used a .38
A double-tap is what it was
That sealed poor Mary's fate